ADVERTISEMENT

BECA has new coach

Isn't there first the week long orientation at Rutgers where instruction is given on proper methods of entering rivals' wrestling rooms and nonchalantly asking rivals' student-athletes if they would like a full ride?
Or using wiry MMA fighters as proxies?

Now he can hit the recruiting trail with gusto
It's become one of my biggest pet peeves of HIGH SCHOOL "athletics," and why I respect tiny Don Bosco athletics here in Iowa. ALL of their athletes come from the Gilbertville area, and nearly every year they win the 1A "team" championship at our Iowa state tournament.

Now, shall we talk about Apple Valley-a public school, no less-in Minnesota? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Now he can hit the recruiting trail with gusto
The obvious reason to hire a coach from New Jersey is to expand the recruiting footprint.

3012155.jpg

Reactions: ptomaselli
Need a dislike button. I hate the fact that geography bound schools and non geo bound compete in the same championships. This has been covered on this board before, so I am just whining.
It is a worthy whine.

It's become one of my biggest pet peeves of HIGH SCHOOL "athletics," and why I respect tiny Don Bosco athletics here in Iowa. ALL of their athletes come from the Gilbertville area, and nearly every year they win the 1A "team" championship at our Iowa state tournament.

Now, shall we talk about Apple Valley-a public school, no less-in Minnesota? :rolleyes:

Right on. Plus BECA's name is probably a misnomer. If their wrestling program's tactics are any indication, their status as a "Catholic school" is more likely a marketing gimmick....

To be fair, he coached at P-burg in NJ, which is more PA than NJ, and Bangor in PA (one of my college wrestling teammates was from there, as well as one of my roommates).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT