ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College OL coach Phil Trautwein a top target for Penn State

It was just a lighthearted jab at the ACC, no biggie.
I’m not upset. I’ve always believed that this Country has more naturally good football players waiting to have their talent maximized then we will ever know. Without Marshall having a coronary, what they lack too often sadly is quality coaching. That’s why matching talent with a great developer is crucial.

Oh sweetie, I'm just teasing you.....because it's fun. You're so easy to spin up gramps.
Read some of your responses and see who’s worked up....it’s comical actually. Have a nice day....I’m sure you’ll respond to one of my other posts in the near future since you’re obsessed with me.

Read some of your responses and see who’s worked up....it’s comical actually. Have a nice day....I’m sure you’ll respond to one of my other posts in the near future since you’re obsessed with me.

eym1Vrr.gif

I heard someone in another thread questioned the OC hire, he's not a 1a coach....go get him.

eym1Vrr.gif
Maybe I’ll join him and start trashing the new OC and everything else about our coaching staff....will I be doing this message board thing right then? Our coaches suck...worst in college football....there, now I fight right in and you can be happy with my posts.

The thread was heading the direction of ruined but your post of this tweet saved it. Kirk plus this BC dude gets us to the promised land via a high powered offense regardless of bad the secondary performs! I am sold.
Too late I guess. Go kick your dog. You'll feel better. Or so I'm told by guys like you.

One of the laws of the internet in general, and this message board in particular: If you dare to post anything positive about anything, there will be someone there to throw some cold water on it.
True both ways.

Starting lineup is based on the BW game, no exceptions!!!!! Lionlurker was looking for him just yesterday on 247!!!! He was apparently a huge fan of Gunsie.
He really got fired up talking about the OL. He might have been a pulling guard in HS.

In the pre-helmet days...… :)

Doing repeated skull-to-skull Oklahoma drills with that spud from West Virginia (Sluggo?)

(Actually, wasn't Gunsie the guy who - seriously - yapped on about finishing 10th in his class at the PA wrestling tourney? Was he that guy?)
He certainly made an impression. Bushwood came out of the woodwork to take a cheap shot at him the other day.

I think the poster who said his inside sources say Bowen will be the new OC might be Gunsie. Can't remember his handle.
I'll have to keep an eye out for that guy. If it is, we have to give him credit for showing restraint. I guess he really wants to be here.

Tyler Vrabel, Mike Vrabel's son. He looks like a real stud. They gave a stat early in their bowl game, he pass blocked 300+ times this year, 0 sacks allowed.

3* kid, even with his dad's last name.

The best recruiting they have done on the OL is for the '20 kids (2-4*, top 300 kids). The rest seem to be the under the radar kids most posters here would either turn their nose up to. And he's got them on an all conference team at all levels. Good coaching, good development. We got a room of kids with much higher upside coming out of high school.

One of the laws of the internet in general, and this message board in particular: If you dare to post anything positive about anything, there will be someone there to throw some cold water on it.

oh, sorry about that. I thought you were doing the ice bucket challenge.

The thread was heading the direction of ruined but your post of this tweet saved it. Kirk plus this BC dude gets us to the promised land via a high powered offense regardless of bad the secondary performs! I am sold.

I may be in the minority, but I think the secondary should be better next year. TFC will be back at one corner and I think his poor play late in the season was because he was playing hurt. Last year was Brisker’s first year and Wade’s first year as a starter. Franklin played several true frosh at the corners and while there was the expected learning curve, on balance they played well and look like talents. Okay let the criticism of my post begin.

I may be in the minority, but I think the secondary should be better next year. TFC will be back at one corner and I think his poor play late in the season was because he was playing hurt. Last year was Brisker’s first year and Wade’s first year as a starter. Franklin played several true frosh at the corners and while there was the expected learning curve, on balance they played well and look like talents. Okay let the criticism of my post begin.
I share your optimism

I agree with this completely. I felt TCF was injured most of the second half of the year. I saw a lot of plays where he walked off the field dragging a shoulder. Sometimes when you play young guys too soon you take your lumps but it pays off the next year. Hopefully we reap the benefits next year of playing Ellis, Wilson, Gordon and to an extent Brisker as it was his first year playing big time football. Even thought Porter redshirted, he played a lot in the four games he played.

Reactions: marshall23
I agree there is room for upside. I think a strong OL with a solid running game, time for Clifford to complete first down passes, and sustaining long drives generates a lot of points and keeps our d off the field.

Reactions: 81b&w and Bertway0
Not really strange, just saying if we played in the ACC we might have all of our guys on the all conference team as well.
Yeah, ACC has as many players in NFL as B10. Talent wise they’re loaded just some of the big teams aren’t good right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT