ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Wimbush reportedly transferring

Yeah, I'm kinda glad PSU is not in the "rent a qb" business. Call me old fashioned, but I think it works better when the QB doesnt have a roster sheet on his arm in the huddle.

Kids who decommit. Who needs em?

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Penn State? Maybe?

Barkley
McSorley
Parsons
Givens
Stevens
Etc
Etc
Barkley left the Rut. That not a decommit, that's just common sense. Same with McSorley. He KEPT his commitment to CJF.

Besides, to prove your point, you would have to show that somehow the Rut and Vandy wish they had gotten SB and TM. Never heard a single Rut fan say this--indeed, they said there was no room in their crowded backfield for SB.

looks like a forty year mistake now...
He is a fine young man who never omplained when he was replaced this season. He has now graduated and will find plenty of schools interested in extending him a scholarship as he pursues a graduate degree. AsTeddy Roosevelt observed over a century ago “It is not the critic who counts...”. That is certainly true in this instance.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and rag195
Barkley left the Rut. That not a decommit, that's just common sense. Same with McSorley. He KEPT his commitment to CJF.

Besides, to prove your point, you would have to show that somehow the Rut and Vandy wish they had gotten SB and TM. Never heard a single Rut fan say this--indeed, they said there was no room in their crowded backfield for SB.
Impressive save. If I’m ever up on a murder rap, I want you up there pleading my case.

He is a fine young man who never omplained when he was replaced this season. He has now graduated and will find plenty of schools interested in extending him a scholarship as he pursues a graduate degree. AsTeddy Roosevelt observed over a century ago “It is not the critic who counts...”. That is certainly true in this instance.

It was Notre Dame who told him he was making a forty year mistake if hen went to PSU. ND loves to use that line with recruits. I was just pointing out the truth.

at first I thought this was posted late last night, and I thought, hmmm, too much egg nog for the country squire ....
but just saw this was bright and early, so I congratulate you on hitting the bloody's s hard this morning!
And Merry Christmas

Reactions: demlion
Impressive save. If I’m ever up on a murder rap, I want you up there pleading my case.
That, most likely, wouldn’t end well for you. I envision something like this...
electric_main.jpg

I think the point is, that even if our decommits are fine upstanding individuals with excellent degrees in hand, it's extremely unusual if they turn out to be difference makers on the football field. And since this is a football board, that is how I shall choose to judge them in the near-term.

Perhaps he will enjoy sitting in a wood-paneled room at the Waldorf 40 years from now, smoking a cigar and singing the Notre Dame fight song with a large group of insufferable twits, but the bald truth is that he certainly underperformed as a QB given his reputation and the drama surrounding his recruitment.

Let's be honest, it is not like Notre Dame is devoid of talent. Given all that talent around him, he has completely sucked. No excuses, he's a complete bust. His high school coach made his decision for him and now Brandon will have to pay the price for letting others make up his own mind. Today's lesson.... think for yourself. Lesson two.... stars aren't everything. He was a four-star that played like a 2-star on a college football playoff team. I can't imagine how badly he would play on a team with a lackluster offensive line and inferior weapons. Good luck, kid.

Reactions: JJTopp99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT