ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks non-issue

I don’t cringe when athletes talk religion. I cringe when they can only talk about religion and nothing else and bring it in as an answer to questions to the point that they don’t answer the question.

Reporter: Pitcher A has a great curve ball and then sun is straight away in centerfield during this day game which might make it hard to pick up the spin. How are you going to adjust?

What hitter A is doing: Instead of standing with my back foot on the back line of the batter’s box, I am going to move forward with my front foot on the front line of the batter’s box to try and make contact with the ball a little closer to its break point.

What hitter A answers: I prayed on it last night and God will give me the answer, as he will give to anyone that accepts Jesus in their life. He will provide you the answers in your life too if you pray and ask him for help. It is through his grace that this beautiful sun shines today.

Next question, rinse and repeat. Blah, blah, blah. I find them boring drones as individuals and pretty much tune them out almost immediately. Religion is important but you are allowed to have other interests in life.

Last edited:
Reactions: WIP2001
Agree with the upset guys here. Big fan of the PSU wrestlers, but it pisses me off when they talk and I find out they’re not just like me. Different beliefs, mannerisms, etc. My whole life I’ve been running into this problem.

Last edited:
I don’t know how many of these posters are in the room or team members to know the dynamics of the people involved, but theres a lot of opinions
Unfortunately,

When you have a fan base that wins, it grows! And as it grows, it evolves. And the opinions will vary when left to speculation. I respect Aaron for going public on Basch to clear some of the air. Cael doesn’t do media and I respect that. Not all fans will though.

At the end of the day, we are ALL wrestling fans. We got to see big news this week. We got to see dynamics change, people move on and others fill the void of their one time mentors. People talk about wrestling wayyyyyyy more than ever before.

Aaron and any of the PSU guys religion beliefs should never be questioned or criticized. But they will, because people can’t look in the mirror. They cast their own insecurities on others. And I’ve been a culprit of that myself. All of us fall short of whatever God we serve.

I thought your kind hated Gilman?

Edit to add that Gilman had the best interview today. Very authentic and comfortable in his own skin.

Gilman seems to have grown up quite a bit. He even admitted that he was very immature while he was at Iowa. He said he had nothing but respect for Spencer, and if he lost to him, he'd wish him well. This was in his interview prior to his matches with Spencer.

This is just out of curiosity, as I don't remember. I think it was mentioned, but, I can't find it. Who was in Brooks corner and who was in DT's corner. Again, I"m just curious.

I honestly don't care if DT did say something in anger about the "test". DT & AB will always be PSU legends in my mind. I will root for both of them at anything they do. I will root for Oklahoma State any time they aren't wrestling PSU, as long as DT is there.

This is just out of curiosity, as I don't remember. I think it was mentioned, but, I can't find it. Who was in Brooks corner and who was in DT's corner. Again, I"m just curious.

I honestly don't care if DT did say something in anger about the "test". DT & AB will always be PSU legends in my mind. I will root for both of them at anything they do. I will root for Oklahoma State any time they aren't wrestling PSU, as long as DT is there.
AB had Bo and Cody and DT had Varner and Kennedy

If I recall - I think Brooks had Bo and I can't recall who else while DT had Casey and Varner. Just remember making note that Cael wasn't in either... Anyone confirm if my eyes deceived me?

All of us fall short of whatever God we serve.

Except for @mcpat. One of his gods is apparently a fight fan and doles out special blessings for the haymakers. Or something like that.

Leo Santa Cruz Knockout GIF by Premier Boxing Champions

• Haha
Reactions: NCPsuFan
AB is doing as commanded. He's trying to lead others to Christ which Jesus asks us to do.. Those against him may see that as being condescending or see him as a know it all but he's living for Christ....not you. I personally think what he is doing is something the majority of Christians nowadays are afraid to do because they too will be persecuted by those who don't agree with them. I value what Aaron is doing especially in todays world..

Mathew 10:22
"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
The truth, thank you.

Just posted on iowa forum. D** k h**d vodka shooting off about it. Ask about what meds desanto taking. He of course said it wasn't relevant, because he didn’t get pop for it lol. Guess i should have said he has to win international to get tested. Usually don’t post there anymore, you cant have a real discussion on that board. Getting hard to here as well.

"Paid Iowa Hater"
Your own signature.
You're famous for heading to the Hawkeye board to antagonize those poor people LOL..
Is that what Jesus would do?
Did Jesus "hate"?
Would Jesus "hate" Iowa fans? (LOL)
What would Jesus think of the hours you have spent on these forums, antagonizing Iowa fans?

The hypocrisy that often drips from the evangelical types make me squirm.

I'm just posing a question for you to ponder ... I am not one to judge - I have plenty of skeletons in my past, and I know I can be an asshole.

You speak of "today's world" and "persecution". These aren't the Crusades of 1100AD.

In my engineering practice, I am on conference calls w/ folks that definitely have ancestors from several world religious background.

If you or Aaron Brooks would be on my staff and feel the need to push Jesus onto a client with a Jewish, Hindu or Muslim background, you guys can take your personal items in a cardboard box and wait outside on the curb for your ride home.

It's 2024. Everyone in my office needs to get along, feel relaxed & feel welcomed.
Where in my post did I say anything about how I live my OWN life, my OWN thoughts and my OWN beliefs???? Ummm... I was talking about why Aaron does what he does and he's made it very clear why he does what he does. He lives for his God.... not you or anyone else. Simply put, he's not looking for acceptance from the "world" ....a world that you seem to think should matter to him more than his God.

If you'd like to know my thoughts and opinions though I'll gladly share them with you...just need to ask. I'll say this though, I've ALWAYS made sure to position myself where NO ONE becomes between me and my God. No job, boss, co workers, family, friends.....NO ONE. My eternity means far more to me than some paycheck. It means more to me than being accepted in this life. And it certainly means far more to me than being accepted at your firm.

Last edited:
Just listened to the podcast..

1. We want people to talk openly, and when they do it’s called an excuse? He said he was sick against Glazer at Iowa and knew that would be a much different match at B1Gs. Not sure what other “excuses” you’re alluding to. I took him as an honest open person answering the questions
2. Anyone at the top of their craft has a competitive side. He gives all praise to “God,” that’s the furthest to being full of himself. I didn’t hear anything condescending.
3. He praises Gilman. Said out of the three Gilman was the one he was closest with. Not sure where you thought he came off “paranoid?”
4. I think he has a ton of respect of DT as a wrestler. He said DT didn’t wrestle with him for 2 yrs. Seems that didn’t sit well with AB but I can definetly feel there is no love lost there
5. I didn’t hear him blame DT for anything about his issue (says he was cleared before trials) and should be cleared up this week as far as the paperwork issue
6. AB is 100% devout Christian. AB follows the gospel as the word and in his mind, it’s his calling is to share that to anyone to try to bring Christ into their lives. It comes from love although I do understand some people take that as “pushing it on others”.

Just wanted to give my impressions on your points and how I took it (to each their own)
1. Okay, let me mention a few excuses: (a) Like you mentioned, Glazier for the 2nd time. I believe Big 10's the first time. (b) his close win against Romero he implied politics. (c) The Coleman loss he had problems with his body and some school difficulty. (d) Mirasola taking him down he implied a tough weight cut. (e) complained about not properly being given two against Zahid when he won off of a singlet pull that most definitely didn't affect the match. (f) his last loss to DT he doesn't believe he was exposed in a close match.

2. He was very condescending to DT and really, non-believers everywhere. He essentially says that he and DT have very different viewpoints, and if DT can't see the light now, his heart is just hardened, and sad, etc. I think he also called people ignorant.

3. Paranoid. He said DT's guys were manipulating the room for their benefit. He also implied that DT leaked his prescribed drug incident...and made a judgment on his character.

4. He was very passive aggressive with DT. Hell, he even implied that DT may be taking the heat off of himself losing to AB by taking the OSU job.

5. Go to (3) above. He essentially blamed DT for the leak.

6. religion, to each their own. I do find it off-putting when he makes judgments on non-believers and calls them sad and having a hardened heart if they can't see his viewpoints.

Appreciate the conversation. Again, I absolutely love how he wrestles. One of my favorites of all-time (wrestling style). But for a person who tries to be humble, he sure failed the test in my eyes and appeared petty.

1. Okay, let me mention a few excuses: (a) Like you mentioned, Glazier for the 2nd time. I believe Big 10's the first time. (b) his close win against Romero he implied politics. (c) The Coleman loss he had problems with his body and some school difficulty. (d) Mirasola taking him down he implied a tough weight cut. (e) complained about not properly being given two against Zahid when he won off of a singlet pull that most definitely didn't affect the match. (f) his last loss to DT he doesn't believe he was exposed in a close match.

2. He was very condescending to DT and really, non-believers everywhere. He essentially says that he and DT have very different viewpoints, and if DT can't see the light now, his heart is just hardened, and sad, etc. I think he also called people ignorant.

3. Paranoid. He said DT's guys were manipulating the room for their benefit. He also implied that DT leaked his prescribed drug incident...and made a judgment on his character.

4. He was very passive aggressive with DT. Hell, he even implied that DT may be taking the heat off of himself losing to AB by taking the OSU job.

5. Go to (3) above. He essentially blamed DT for the leak.

6. religion, to each their own. I do find it off-putting when he makes judgments on non-believers and calls them sad and having a hardened heart if they can't see his viewpoints.

Appreciate the conversation. Again, I absolutely love how he wrestles. One of my favorites of all-time (wrestling style). But for a person who tries to be humble, he sure failed the test in my eyes and appeared petty.
What is the purpose of all of this?

What is the purpose of all of this?
Listen, saw the podcast and was disappointed. Not a huge deal, but I thought it was worth mentioning. AB is young and not perfect. I don't think treating him as such is proper or helps him. Said my peace, done with this post.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: KCLion and Hotshoe
Listen, saw the podcast and was disappointed. Not a huge deal, but I thought it was worth mentioning. AB is young and not perfect. I don't think treating him as such is proper or helps him. Said my peace, done with this post.
...and said my piece as well.

You guys able to see the Northern Lights last night?
My wife told me that the potential to see them here in central PA was at 10pm and 2am. I didn't bother trying to see because of the heavy cloud cover and rain. I'm also fighting a hell of an ear infection that has me all messed up and killing my desire to do much. How about you?

My wife told me that the potential to see them here in central PA was at 10pm and 2am. I didn't bother trying to see because of the heavy cloud cover and rain. Im also fighting a hell of an ear infection that has me all messed up and killing my desire to do much. How about you?

Nothing on my end either, unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT