ADVERTISEMENT

Can Daton Fix Actually Beat RBY?

NittanyLion84

Jan 24, 2016
PA - D9
Personally, I think they both cruise to the finals and for the last question, Fix is not offensive minded enough and too slow for RBY, IMHO.

Reactions: danoftw
It'll always be nerve wracking but RBY just seems to have figured out a way to not get taken down against top competition (call it stalling all you want, RBY clearly has figured out the rules to not get hit)

Last year was probably as good of a shot as any for Fix since RBY was clearly hobbled (ankle, hand, shoulder per his words)

Though this may be semantics, it’s also accurate…CAN Fix beat RBY? Of course he can! Anything is possible.

But how likely is it that he’ll beat RBY? Quite unlikely. As we’ve seen twice already, RBY’s speed, defense and wrestling IQ are just too much for Fix.

Still, Fix is a top tier athlete and talent. If I had to give it odds, I’d say RBY wins 80% of the time. That still gives Fix a 20% chance, which isn’t 0%.

WE ARE!!!

Last edited:
Of course, RBY would be very hard for him to beat but like stated above anything could happen. Fix is still world class, not quite at RBY’s level but dang close.

The YouTuber use the title to get clicks! I would say 6 out of 10 times RBY. At NCAA’s 8 of 10

Reactions: Fatmarc
I would love to see RBY go full 7 minutes for the full season he would be crushing most others!would have to call him Nolf Jr

I get the fixation on a Fix/RBY rematch. I’m fixated on the fact that we’re fixin to see if Fix can be fixed in March. RBY is a permanent fixture in the finals and I affix low odds of defeat given the transfixing power of his defense. Unless, of course, the fix is in. There ain’t no fixing that unfixable nonsense and I could see the crowd clamoring for crucifixion.

Related:

I don't pay attention as much as you all do during the offseason. Is Vito Arujau confirmed to be going 133?

If so, I don't think it's a sure thing we even see Round 3.

I get the fixation on a Fix/RBY rematch. I’m fixated on the fact that we’re fixin to see if Fix can be fixed in March. RBY is a permanent fixture in the finals and I affix low odds of defeat given the transfixing power of his defense. Unless, of course, the fix is in. There ain’t no fixing that unfixable nonsense and I could see the crowd clamoring for crucifixion.
Well done. Well done indeed!!!

Random thought, does anything think Fix is getting some HEW syndrome? I think he's declined a bit in the past year, particularly in free. I think he tech falls Gross with ease a year ago. Keep in mind Gross was close to getting teched by Mendez at trials so I don't think he made some insane jump either.

Fix would have to train and wrestle like DeSanto, but not unleash it until the final. Austin is a bit of a strange bird but he accomplished a lot in college and pressed RBY more than Fix.

Reactions: therod
I wouldn't say it's HEW for Fix, I think it's a case of Gross being such a unique wrestler and the fact that Fix still doesn't really have a go to leg attack. At this point everyone has scouted his trip and trap arm gut, so sometimes he struggles to put up points once he's behind someone.

Random thought, does anything think Fix is getting some HEW syndrome? I think he's declined a bit in the past year, particularly in free. I think he tech falls Gross with ease a year ago. Keep in mind Gross was close to getting teched by Mendez at trials so I don't think he made some insane jump either.
He actually did tech Gross last year, I think. I'd say typically guys do better against gross the more feel they get from him, so his win this year was pretty notable. It may not be HEW, but lately Stillwater sure doesn't seem to be the fertile environment for development it has been known for, and all the distractions have surely taken a toll on the entire system.

Willie had a great tweet a few days ago on 133. Sucks to be the 2/3 seed.

Who would stop him after RBY graduates?
giphy.gif

Is there chatter of RBY sitting till spring??
Because it is his "extra Covid year" and he has already graduated, it might be likely because why pay an extra semester of tuition for a few matches. He indicated the possibility of wrestling a tournament or two overseas in the fall so it adds up and would not be surprising.

Reactions: Lyons212 and Ski
Considering RBY is a smart kid and he had some initial reservations about coming back for the extra year I doubt he did so simply to wrestle. RBY strikes me as a kid with a plan, so just taking a guess RBY is probably getting a huge percentage of a full scholarship and is in grad school. I would expect to see him wrestle some fall matches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT