ADVERTISEMENT

Carter officially returning!

So carter
coming back? 90%?
Kerk
85%?
Are you just trying to piss everyone off? The exact percentage for each of them is 83%!

Zach Ryder/Joe Sealey would be tough outs at worst if Carter goes up to 184/197. Tack on Barr, who already has a year in the room under his belt, and you’ve got a group of killers working off of a 4x NC. That’s not including the incoming Mirasola brothers, current Olympian Aaron Brooks, Olympic Gold DT, Olympic Gold Jake Varner AND all around great Cael each sitting around 174-197lb weight class. That’s an absolutely mental wrestling room to be apart of

My guess is he goes on good feed and sees where he’s at in the fall. If he’s only walking around in low 190’s in October, then Barr, Lucas and Connor can sort out 197. Ryder, Facundo and Sealey can sort out 174.

I always knew he'd come back. The money he'll make with his NIL deal is WAAAAY more than he would training with the NLWC or starting a MMA career. So on one hand you have a sack of money and a chance to be the ONLY 5x NCAA champ who will be mentioned in the same conversation as Cael as GOAT or you go train for a world team you likely won't make and wrestling Pan-Ams, Mark Schultz or Dagestan events. A year from now there's a very good chance the NCAA Mount Rushmore consists of:

Cael, Carter, Dake, Brooks

My guess is he goes on good feed and sees where he’s at in the fall. If he’s only walking around in low 190’s in October, then Barr, Lucas and Connor can sort out 197. Ryder, Facundo and Sealey can sort out 174.
Sealy was wrestling at 74kg this weekend, so guessing he’s not going up to 174.

Reactions: PSU Mike
I always knew he'd come back. The money he'll make with his NIL deal is WAAAAY more than he would training with the NLWC or starting a MMA career. So on one hand you have a sack of money and a chance to be the ONLY 5x NCAA champ who will be mentioned in the same conversation as Cael as GOAT or you go train for a world team you likely won't make and wrestling Pan-Ams, Mark Schultz or Dagestan events. A year from now there's a very good chance the NCAA Mount Rushmore consists of:

Cael, Carter, Dake, Brooks
No. I always thought he'd come back because he's Carter and this is his chance to be the ONLY 5-time NC and he'd be a fool (in my opinion) to not take the opportunity. Do a search if you wish and you'll see if been stating this for over a year.

Reactions: RB-Old and Ski
That’s a very salty lineup.

Imagine Barr takes whatever weight Star doesn’t among 184 and 197.
Marisola has 197 going forward, sending Barr up and then asking him to come back down seems suboptimal to Carter going 197 undersized. I don't see it happening.

To be honest Cael has already telegraphed Carter to 197. The guy says nothing, about anything, always. A hint like that should be taken as the gospel. Carter at 197 is genius, let's go with it, and stop twisting lineup pretzels into a knot.

Marisola has 197 going forward, sending Barr up and then asking him to come back down seems suboptimal to Carter going 197 undersized. I don't see it happening.

To be honest Cael has already telegraphed Carter to 197. The guy says nothing, about anything, always. A hint like that should be taken as the gospel. Carter at 197 is genius, let's go with it, and stop twisting lineup pretzels into a knot.
I like pretzels, a lot! So, I think the topic should remain open!

I'm 62 years old...do those energy drinks actually work? Kind of leery of trying a Red Bull

I thought Red Bull just made you wide awake drunk and tastes like crap if you aren't sloshed.

This will give you a jolt. 170mg caffeine per serving. Tastes great, and in the winter, I just nuke it for 90-120 seconds, depending on the reactor I'm using and it's a hot cup of courage.

Last edited:
Reactions: sweatybetty
I think he will (would) be an excellent coach, just as long as he doesn't channel his inner Manning.

I'd have to see him as an assistant first, where he could work on some soft skills like maturity and impulse control. But of course that means under somebody other than Manning.

About 20 years ago, I met MC Hammer.

Correction: The Rev MC Hammer. He's an ordained minister and held church services in San Jose. I was in Silicon Valley anyway, zero chance of missing that.

It was a 2-hr service: 1 hr of live gospel rap which was fun, followed by an hour of Northern California weirdo testimonials which was what you'd expect.

Then a brief meet-and-greet. We chatted for a few minutes, just regular guy stuff, no mention of his more famous career. Nice guy and seemed authentic.
You guys didn’t talk about his career with the Oakland A’s front office spying for Charlie Finley?

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
My guess is he is already walking around in the low 190’s. You have to figure he was cutting down to 174 from at least 185 or 190.

Well Carter tricked Sleepy, Browny, and I.
Me, "Carter 5?"
Carter, "Naw Man"

That was my inside scoop and he failed me. Now my role of a super insider is foiled.
Got to give you credit, you did ask him each of the 16 times he walked past our table as he got his awards.

You get an "A" for consistency, but like all the rest of the rest of thr 174lbers, you just couldn't break him.

Last match on Saturday night..Star vs AJ. Theoretically could be most amped up final since Taylor/Dake

Hopefully AJ can get on that mat and not be a clown again this coming year

Reactions: jack66
Sealy was wrestling at 74kg this weekend, so guessing he’s not going up to 174.
I noticed Sealey had a couple interesting weigh sheets in the past few months. According to Track, he weighed in 1.4kg under at Senior Nationals in December, and then 1.5kg under at the Last Chance Olympic Trials Qualifier. Happening twice might suggest it wasn’t a typo. So he’s either been wrestling at his walk-around weight, or he has some sort of over-cutting OCD/anxiety. Probably the former, which would make me think he takes a shot at Kasak at 157 and then likely redshirts there.

Last edited:
No. I always thought he'd come back because he's Carter and this is his chance to be the ONLY 5-time NC and he'd be a fool (in my opinion) to not take the opportunity. Do a search if you wish and you'll see if been stating this for over a year.
Remember there were some people last summer worried he wasn’t coming back for 4?

Are you just trying to piss everyone off? The exact percentage for each of them is 83%!

Does this number account for inflation?

IMHO whether Carter came back for 5 or not was directly tied to his freestyle results. If he wins the USA team spot and wins gold, there is little doubt he is not coming back. Not making the team certainly influenced his coming back for 5

Reactions: creamery freak

Old Noodle Arms did pretty well as an undersized 197, although he was only jumping 1 weight class. I don't see Carter having an issue with his talent, while taking on Cael's challenge.

Last match on Saturday night..Star vs AJ. Theoretically could be most amped up final since Taylor/Dake

Hopefully AJ can get on that mat and not be a clown again this coming year

While AJ has been flexing and shadowboxing the last 3 years, guys like Buchanan, Cardenas, and Elam have been training.

IMO, AJ will have a tough enough time beating Glazier.

Got a comment from a friend who is allied to another D1 program. He thinks it is unfair that Carter gets the only chance anyone will ever have to be a 5X NCAA champion. He does have a point although you can't blame Carter for jumping on an opportunity that is made possible because of the decisions of others. It was the hastily adopted Covid rules that brought about the circumstances. I wonder how the Birdman and other rabid Iowa fans are reacting to the news.

So have I.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT