ChiTownLion: a cog in the RWNJ "alternative facts" machine

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Based on, what the source of the dossier, Igor Danchenko admitted was gossip and focused on an unpaid volunteer, Carter Page, who was supposed to have colluded with 2 Russians that he never met. Out of this 2600 subpoenas were issued.
Why would I even debate this in detail with you when you have a habit of denying and/or ignoring facts that run counter to your political views? No thanks. Just believe what you want to believe. It's a free country.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Why would I even debate this in detail with you when you have a habit of denying and/or ignoring facts that run counter to your political views? No thanks. Just believe what you want to believe. It's a free country.
You won't debate because you have no facts. Everything I said above is factual and easily proved. Dems lie with misleading irrelevant statements -- Like Trump son met with Russians. Yes, but didn't collude (as proven by emails) and left after short period of time. Dems know their supporters are irrational and fact averse, so they throw out lies knowing they will live forever.

While dummies from NYTs and CNN, and intelligence agency hacks were spreading false collusion story, I, simply from reading, Carter Page congressional testimony was able to conclude that he was wholly innocent, notwithstanding intelligence agencies filing 4 FISAs against him based on nothing. http://rankexploits.com/musings/201...hat-was-based-on-the-steele-dossier/#comments

Also, with FBI thugs running rampant, it is not a free country.

Last edited:

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
occasionally screw up? They posted Russia! articles for five years while knowing it was bullshit and sat on the Hunter Biden laptop at the same ****ing time? They also posted secret recordings of Melania and Trump's sister while NOT publishing Biden's Neice's diary where she makes credible accusations of molestation by the veggie in chief!

Just two major examples. Good luck finding articles talking about Iraq deteriorating under the limp biden admin.

These are not minor mistakes.
Good luck ever getting the Trumpers, including the Orange Rat, to do anything but take the fifth.

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
The NOAA must be in on the misinformation campaign.

Fh9ArEAUAAEs90F

SheldonJoe2215

Oct 3, 2015
Portland, OR
ChiTownLion started a thread on this Board which provides both an illuminating and entertaining illustration of how the RWNJ "alternative facts" machine works. His thread title breathlessly reported that "Snow Mass Season" had commenced with Artic ice being 250 Gigatons greater than in 1982. "See, climate change is a hoax! This PROVES it!" Whereupon a bunch of the other RWNJ's on this Board dutifully swallowed Chi's post, and the Web ink it contained, without even a moment's consideration as to whether it had any basis in science or fact. Cue the snark ("I need to put some of that ice in my bourbon!").

Fact is, the alt-right thrives on bullshiat masquerading as fact (i.e., "alternative facts"). Trump Cultists are by now so accustomed to swallowing any kind of disinformation that Trump or like-minded RWNJ's feed them that they have lost all capacity to distinguish facts from bullshiat.

Here's a little information on Electroverse, the source that Chi cited for that hilarious report on the 250 Gigaton increase in Artic ice:

Electroverse was founded in 2018. It is a news and opinion website that promotes human-influenced climate change denial. That is its prime directive and sole reason for existence.

Electroverse completely lacks transparency. Its website lacks an "about page," the contact page does not provide a location, ownership is not disclosed, and the only author is someone named "Cap Allon," who does not provide any kind of biography. A search for Cap Allon does not verify if this is a real person. As a consequence, there is no way of verifying his (or her) credentials as it relates to climate science.

Electroverse's revenue appears to be derived through donations to a Patreon account. (Patreon is a a web-based membership platform that "allows content creators [including operators of RWNJ websites] to "let your fans become active participants in the work they love by offering them a monthly membership. You give them access to exclusive content, community, and insight into your creative process.") According to Electoverse's Patreon Page, "Electroverse has been set up to wade against the mainstream propaganda and accurately document Earth Changes as two world-altering climatic events unfold simultaneously."

Here's what mediafactcheck.com had to say about Electroverse: "[They] use fallacious (strawman) arguments such as frequently pointing out regional cold spells as a way to refute global warming. Regional cold spells have nothing to do with global warming. The [Electroverse] website also promotes the Solar Minimum as a cause for the upcoming cooler weather in the late 2020's ... Overall, we rate Electroverse a quackery level Pseudoscience source based on the promotion of misinformation regarding climate change that does not align with the consensus of science."

Speaking of the consensus of science, here is a link to another site where they cite (and quote) actual scientists concerning the notion (which is Electoverse's essential thesis) that the sun, rather than carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, is behind climate change.

All of this information was readily obtainable via a one minute Google search of "Electroverse." Yet none of the RWNJ's on this Board, with the sole exception of ao (props to him for that, BTW) bothered to check on Electroverse or express even the slightest quantum of skepticism regarding Chi's hilarious post. Which is quite entertaining, but at the same time sad ...
tl;dr

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Someone's pride/vanity was obviously wounded by my pointing out the inescapable fact that the Artic ice cap has been shrinking, not growing. Mea culpa, Chi. Chill out, and enjoy today's World Cup spectacle: Iran vs. the U.S. (aka the "Great Satan").

One wonders whether the Iranian players will be mouthing the words to their national anthem on live TV. My guess? The Iranian government's apparent threat to torture players' family members is likely to induce grudging compliance.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Well, whaddya know. Some inconvenient facts for my buddy Chi:

Meanwhile in the antarctic, record cold. https://www.reshumana.com/visions/cold-record-in-antarctica-is-a-new-glaciation-underway/

"Further confirmation of this cooling comes from the steady increase in the ice sheet over the past 40 years. Barring a decline between 2020 and 2021 to the levels of 30 years ago, the trend shows a 1% increase in the ice surface. Official data show that East Antarctica, which covers two thirds of the South Pole, has cooled by 2.8° C over the past 40 years, and West Antarctica by 1.6° C. The warming recorded in the Antarctic Peninsula, a small strip of Antarctica, in addition to being reduced in terms of impact, is therefore also insignificant from the point of view of the affected surface."

Antarctic being a land continent, melting or cooling is much more important than arctic. There being no land in the arctic, even if North Pole melted there would be no rise in sea level -- would be like an ice cube melting in a glass of soda.

Reactions: bison13

bison13

Dec 22, 2007
As I’ve mentioned before, there are four climate scientists who were given early retirements with full benefits because they would not go along with Obama and his colleagues about the climate. We are not warming beyond any cyclical stage previous to now and no greater change in things like ice caps, hurricanes etc

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Well, whaddya know. Some inconvenient facts for my buddy Chi:

If Alaska is truly "baking" at 325-350 degrees, then you have my attention. Otherwise, the only thing baking is the brain of the fear-mongering writer for interjecting adjectives into science.

junior1

May 29, 2001
As I’ve mentioned before, there are four climate scientists who were given early retirements with full benefits because they would not go along with Obama and his colleagues about the climate. We are not warming beyond any cyclical stage previous to now and no greater change in things like ice caps, hurricanes etc
as a matter of fact, 2022 was a milder than usual hurricane season if measured by number of storms. I attribute the easing to climate change, of course

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Yet MORE inconvenient facts for Chi to have to deal with (or, more likely, ignore):

Note the following excerpt from the article linked above:

In the past year, Arctic annual surface air temperatures were the sixth warmest since records began in 1900, the report found. And satellite records revealed that for several weeks last summer, large regions near the North Pole were virtually clear of sea ice.

“The sea ice extent was much lower than long-term average,” said Walt Meier, a sea ice expert at the University of Colorado Boulder and a co-author of the report.

Wait, wut?! I thought Chi said that the Artic ice cap was larger than ever, and growing?

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
Yet MORE inconvenient facts for Chi to have to deal with (or, more likely, ignore):

Note the following excerpt from the article linked above:

In the past year, Arctic annual surface air temperatures were the sixth warmest since records began in 1900, the report found. And satellite records revealed that for several weeks last summer, large regions near the North Pole were virtually clear of sea ice.

“The sea ice extent was much lower than long-term average,” said Walt Meier, a sea ice expert at the University of Colorado Boulder and a co-author of the report.

Wait, wut?! I thought Chi said that the Artic ice cap was larger than ever, and growing?
I’m on the verge of putting you on ignore based solely on your intellectual laziness.

I have little tolerance for “short-bussers from Berkeley”

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
Thanks for the shout, @LafayetteBear. I come in peace, and with good news: Greenland just picked up ANOTHER record accumulation of snow and ice.

Flash back to 2007 when Al Gore horrified the world by declaring that the polar caps would be ice free by 2014. Low and behold, we actually have MORE ICE today than when Al Gore made his prediction.

I'll let the neutral observers decide who is more credible between Al Gore and PolarPortal. Cheers.

I'm staying out of this one but "Al Gore horrified the world"?

junior1

May 29, 2001
the "climate deniers" those that are obsessed with climate change won't accept any data that is counter to their built in bias. How can you justify the electric cars, the solar panel and wind industries if you don't have a boogeyman out there to attack.
We went from global warming to climate change when all the predictions about warming didn't happen. I wonder what the new mantra will be when the climate change predictions meet the same fate. Although I do have to hand it to whomever came up with climate change as the boogeyman. The climate changes all the time...it's 32 degrees in florida this morning...ah, climate change.....more hurricanes than normal...climate change: fewer hurricanes than normal...climate change...and so it goes

CaptainStabbin1

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
ChiTownLion started a thread on this Board which provides both an illuminating and entertaining illustration of how the RWNJ "alternative facts" machine works. His thread title breathlessly reported that "Snow Mass Season" had commenced with Artic ice being 250 Gigatons greater than in 1982. "See, climate change is a hoax! This PROVES it!" Whereupon a bunch of the other RWNJ's on this Board dutifully swallowed Chi's post, and the Web ink it contained, without even a moment's consideration as to whether it had any basis in science or fact. Cue the snark ("I need to put some of that ice in my bourbon!").

Fact is, the alt-right thrives on bullshiat masquerading as fact (i.e., "alternative facts"). Trump Cultists are by now so accustomed to swallowing any kind of disinformation that Trump or like-minded RWNJ's feed them that they have lost all capacity to distinguish facts from bullshiat.

Here's a little information on Electroverse, the source that Chi cited for that hilarious report on the 250 Gigaton increase in Artic ice:

Electroverse was founded in 2018. It is a news and opinion website that promotes human-influenced climate change denial. That is its prime directive and sole reason for existence.

Electroverse completely lacks transparency. Its website lacks an "about page," the contact page does not provide a location, ownership is not disclosed, and the only author is someone named "Cap Allon," who does not provide any kind of biography. A search for Cap Allon does not verify if this is a real person. As a consequence, there is no way of verifying his (or her) credentials as it relates to climate science.

Electroverse's revenue appears to be derived through donations to a Patreon account. (Patreon is a a web-based membership platform that "allows content creators [including operators of RWNJ websites] to "let your fans become active participants in the work they love by offering them a monthly membership. You give them access to exclusive content, community, and insight into your creative process.") According to Electoverse's Patreon Page, "Electroverse has been set up to wade against the mainstream propaganda and accurately document Earth Changes as two world-altering climatic events unfold simultaneously."

Here's what mediafactcheck.com had to say about Electroverse: "[They] use fallacious (strawman) arguments such as frequently pointing out regional cold spells as a way to refute global warming. Regional cold spells have nothing to do with global warming. The [Electroverse] website also promotes the Solar Minimum as a cause for the upcoming cooler weather in the late 2020's ... Overall, we rate Electroverse a quackery level Pseudoscience source based on the promotion of misinformation regarding climate change that does not align with the consensus of science."

Speaking of the consensus of science, here is a link to another site where they cite (and quote) actual scientists concerning the notion (which is Electoverse's essential thesis) that the sun, rather than carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, is behind climate change.

All of this information was readily obtainable via a one minute Google search of "Electroverse." Yet none of the RWNJ's on this Board, with the sole exception of ao (props to him for that, BTW) bothered to check on Electroverse or express even the slightest quantum of skepticism regarding Chi's hilarious post. Which is quite entertaining, but at the same time sad ...

When r u gonna get it thru your thick skull that no 1 with a functioning brain gives a shit about phony climate change, the biggest hoax DemoRats are attempting to pull on the American people in the history of their hate-filled, slavery loving, America Hating God-Awful Party!

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
the experts were wrong about the ice age in the '70s, global warming in the 80-90s...but they're right about climate change this time
What’s even more insane is even if the emergence of global warming or an ice age were true, human being couldn’t do anything whatsoever to stop it from occurring.