ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion Open

Was Tom actually there? I saw him in Yakima WA. Saturday afternoon.
100000% he was there, I talked with him multiple times. In this pic he's standing behind the score board.

PXL-20231105-153514679.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw and 1AA
Is it a weight thing? Or is Bouzakis struggling against people he can't beat up and outmuscle? I tend to discount results from the first weekend of the year, but his losses weren't right off the scale so I don't think it's related to weight.

Also, is Kharchla going to make it through the season? Kid looks beat up already.

Is it a weight thing? Or is Bouzakis struggling against people he can't beat up and outmuscle? I tend to discount results from the first weekend of the year, but his losses weren't right off the scale so I don't think it's related to weight.

Also, is Kharchla going to make it through the season? Kid looks beat up already.
Nic is small

PXL-20231105-162424811.jpg

Blaze was at PSU a few weeks ago but literally the entire Ohio State team was in his corner against ramos
I fully expect him at Ohio State with maybe Purdue as a dark horse (but a long shot) but I wasn't aware Blaze had any interest in PSU. He's been posting all his visits on Instagram and nothing from PSU.

What’s the initial verdict on the 3 point takedown? I think it just serves to expedite mercy killings via tech falls. Two evenly matched guys trade takedowns and escapes so it’s 4-4 instead of 3-3. The benefits of going back to 2 just so we can yell TWOOOOOOO far outweigh any good that comes from the 3 pointer.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Blaze dove for the ankle while he was being returned to the mat.

Ramos didn't drive his opponents head area into the mat.
I’ll admit that Ramos did NOT “leave his feet” if you admit that Blaze didnt “dive for the ankle”

Regardless, you dont need to “drive opponents head area into the mat” to be called for a slam although those are the ones most frequently called.

100000% he was there, I talked with him multiple times. In this pic he's standing behind the score board.

PXL-20231105-153514679.jpg
You mean on the balcony under the Bout Board? Guess I'll have to take your word for it. The Zapruder Film was more definitive. Or do you mean No-face/Red-hat by the mat scoreboard? Either way...suspect.

bouzakis is going to have to have a heart to heart with himself. He's so used to overwhelming guys with strength that he doesn't stay disciplined in his handfight or his finishes. and he just gasses himself out trying so hard.

You mean on the balcony under the Bout Board? Guess I'll have to take your word for it. The Zapruder Film was more definitive. Or do you mean No-face/Red-hat by the mat scoreboard? Either way...suspect.
Based on the fact that I stood and talked with him I'd say it's pretty concrete. But you do you booBoo

It's a consistency thing. His technique sometimes fluctuates -- especially in giving up points.

Wouldn't be surprised if he does better at nationals than in the regular season, thanks to his cradle. Just like Coach Skinny Jeans did.

Reactions: District four
Guessing that's him coaching Rocco Welsh

TR1.jpg

Reactions: DuckBlunder
bouzakis is going to have to have a heart to heart with himself. He's so used to overwhelming guys with strength that he doesn't stay disciplined in his handfight or his finishes. and he just gasses himself out trying so hard.

That and he seems to over-pursue on things that have little chance of scoring. Santaniello's second TD on Bouzakis was a result of Bouzakis lunging at him with very little possibility of gaining control inbounds; Santaniello just circled in and behind him.

Reactions: vhsalum
After an offseason of one unprecedented disappointment after another, Iowa has to endure its first in season kick in the nuts!😉 Having the guy who pinned their self proclaimed “GOAT “ get beat by a high schooler has to be extremely embarrassing, at the very least.
And now the truth is revealed why Spencer Lee sat out the Iowa/Chattanooga dual last season. Turns out he’s been ducking Brayden Palmer his whole collegiate career!

Brayden Palmer > Marcus Blaze > Matt Ramos > Spencer Lee. It’s just math.

I’ll admit that Ramos did NOT “leave his feet” if you admit that Blaze didnt “dive for the ankle”

Regardless, you dont need to “drive opponents head area into the mat” to be called for a slam although those are the ones most frequently called.
I see what I see. As Ramos starts to return Blaze to the mat, Blaze is reaching for the ankle.

No slam.

I have only studied and passed the PIAA rules and reffed for a few years. So, I can't say that I am an expert on the NCAA rules.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
And now the truth is revealed why Spencer Lee sat out the Iowa/Chattanooga dual last season. Turns out he’s been ducking Brayden Palmer his whole collegiate career!

Brayden Palmer > Marcus Blaze > Matt Ramos > Spencer Lee. It’s just math.
Ah yes, comparative scores was always a favorite. In college I could definitively prove that I could beat Dan Gable. And I was also able to show that Gettysburg College's football team could wipe out Notre Dame back then. It's just math.

• Haha
I see what I see. As Ramos starts to return Blaze to the mat, Blaze is reaching for the ankle.

No slam.

I have only studied and passed the PIAA rules and reffed for a few years. So, I can't say that I am an expert on the NCAA rules.
Im no ref and no expert on either set of rules but I do know the drastic difference between a crotch lock and “reaching for the ankle”.

I still love your cheesecake though.

• Love
Reactions: hlstone
Im no ref and no expert on either set of rules but I do know the drastic difference between a crotch lock and “reaching for the ankle”.

I still love your cheesecake though.
I respect your opinion. That is the main reason why I entered into this fun little debate.

Plus I was feeling a little chippy today. But then my sweetie and I bought a karaoke machine, and now we are crushing it!!

No slam.

Kind of like this?

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT