ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching changes 2024

Willie said today Kemmerer was basically a done deal but now hit a snag, not sure on which end. Still could happen.
Slumlord Bob had his lawyers generate something that identifies an obscure loophole in the NCAA eligibility rules so Kem has another year with the Hawks.

Yep. It's been Kem from the start pretty much (from someone who was a part of the initial hiring search)

And apparently there's a big donor ready to step up and fund it to the tune of millions.
What about Russ Hughes staying or leaving or too early to know?

anyone ever notice that the kids that never get beat don't know how to bridge?guess they never been on their back till it's too late!
good examples Martinez,
anyone ever notice that the kids that never get beat don't know how to bridge?guess they never been on their back till it's too late!

Labs,Moore I am sure there are a few more!

I heard a few names quite a while ago and if they landed them it could have been a game changer.
I just wish the edinboro's, Clarions, Blooms, and Pitt could get something going.
IMHO
I’m not sure Clarion should be lumped with bloom and edinboro. They had an all American a year ago and haven’t lost to either of those teams in quite some time. Have split with lhu the past 4 seasons, so much more on par with them then the other way around

It's gone now. I wonder if this was the snag Willie mentioned.
Sounds like a snag to me.

Word coming out that the 3 finalists for the job are Stutzman, Kemerer, and Lock Haven assistant Ronnie Perry, who we all remember blowing up the 149 bracket as the 15 seed and being competitive with Zain in the finals.

I’m interested to see if he brings in anyone with D4 connections. They really haven’t tapped into the home district for a long time. Russ didn’t really bring in any besides Rhône for a year or 2. I’m sure he was good in the room but the recruiting has been pretty non existent for a while now.

I’m interested to see if he brings in anyone with D4 connections. They really haven’t tapped into the home district for a long time. Russ didn’t really bring in any besides Rhône for a year or 2. I’m sure he was good in the room but the recruiting has been pretty non existent for a while now.
If it's Stutzman, he won't need to.

But agreed, since he left, Lehigh and Lock Haven have gotten most of the area talent that might have considered Bloomsburg.

Reactions: jpsolo
Stutz had a minimal impact on recruitiing D4 when he was head coach. Handful of starters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT