ADVERTISEMENT

"Conservative 'Moms' group slams Burger King for using 'the d-word' in a commercial"

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
:eek:

See the link below. From the article:

"(CNN) -- Activist conservative group One Million Moms is taking aim at Burger King for using what it calls the "d-word" in a commercial promoting the non-meat Impossible Whopper.

In the ad, a group of people taste-test the plant-based patty that has been a hit for the fast-food company. With a mouthful of food, one man says, "Damn, that's good."

That ad was posted online in August when Burger King began sales at stores nationwide. But on Friday, One Million Moms posted a press release criticizing the use of the "d-word" in the commercial.

"One Million Moms finds this highly inappropriate. When responding to the taste test, he didn't have to curse. Or if, in fact, it was a real and unscripted interview in which the man was not an actor, then Burger King could have simply chosen to edit the profanity out of the commercial," the group said in a press release.

"Burger King's Impossible Whopper ad is irresponsible and tasteless. It is extremely destructive and damaging to impressionable children viewing the commercial. We all know children repeat what they hear.""

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/12/us/one-million-moms-burger-king-cursing/index.html

I hate our world. Sorry if I offended anyone with the "h-word". :eek:

Reactions: psu1969a
So, the tighty wighty righty club is offended?

image.png

Quite hypocritical since the word "damn" is used in the Bible hundreds of times.

I think the mom's are more concerned about the old "slippery slope" argument. Today it's the D word, tomorrow it could be G D this taste good. Where does it stop!! .

Reactions: odshowtime

"(CNN) -- Activist conservative group One Million Moms is taking aim at Burger King for using what it calls the "d-word" in a commercial promoting the non-meat Impossible Whopper.

In the ad, a group of people taste-test the plant-based patty that has been a hit for the fast-food company. With a mouthful of food, one man says, "Damn, that's good."

That ad was posted online in August when Burger King began sales at stores nationwide. But on Friday, One Million Moms posted a press release criticizing the use of the "d-word" in the commercial.

"One Million Moms finds this highly inappropriate. When responding to the taste test, he didn't have to curse. Or if, in fact, it was a real and unscripted interview in which the man was not an actor, then Burger King could have simply chosen to edit the profanity out of the commercial," the group said in a press release.

"Burger King's Impossible Whopper ad is irresponsible and tasteless. It is extremely destructive and damaging to impressionable children viewing the commercial. We all know children repeat what they hear.""

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/12/us/one-million-moms-burger-king-cursing/index.html

That's a damm shame.

Poll how many of them had a problem with “pussy” in the last presidential election.

One million? Never heard of them, and yet cnn found them.

In other news, the sound of One Million Moms' heads exploding could be heard after a Frank's Red Hot hot sauce ad aired recently...

607d132f9682351396b7ce2c996074ca.jpg

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r

Another revealing of this country's 'soft underbelly'.

Reactions: bigsue
it's getting real now
too real? Sorry. Got the car washed on my way to the office so I hadn't poured my second cup by that point.

and in other news, I was pondering what "the D word" could possibly be. What it was turned out to be was the distance third choice. Couldn't figure out how to work the first two into a broadcast BK commercial...

Another revealing of this country's 'soft underbelly'.
In terms of things like this, the country was a lot softer when I was a kid....tv shows couldn’t even say fart back then. Television has certainly relaxed its restrictions on language and nudity recently.

I find One Million Moms highly inappropriate. Kind of like the old Temperance Movement with a 21st-century twist. They should watch Boardwalk Empire and learn how to be more like Mrs. Schroeder. If they think Burger King ads are disgraceful, what do they think of their hero Trump? That's pretty laughable.

In terms of things like this, the country was a lot softer when I was a kid....tv shows couldn’t even say fart back then. Television has certainly relaxed its restrictions on language and nudity recently.

And they had full frontal female nudity in PG rated movies.

07f1b2e1-87e3-41c9-b74a-381e1990fbb2_text.gif

I love you JoBeth Williams

Reactions: 83wuzme
Wonder how their ad campaign for their new “ Big Azz Fries “ will go ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT