ADVERTISEMENT

Criticisms of Cael & PSU Wrestling

SMU , eh ... that was a brief period of time. a few years and while they were successful on the field, it was nowhere close to the level of success that UCLA hoops achieved

Sam Gilbert was doing this stuff at UCLA for 15 years

word is he paid for abortions (among other things) for players, IMO thats worse than the Luoisville Ass't getting hookers for players. both are bad, but I'd say financing abortions are worse

and as for Baylor, yeah that was awful obviously but that is really a different story than cheating at recruiting & benefits to players. I mean the NCAA didnt even get involved there ... (which infuriates me even more with regarding their actions against PSU football)
You also said: "I could go on and on with these ..... but ill stop posting about it now"!

SMU , eh ... that was a brief period of time. a few years and while they were successful on the field, it was nowhere close to the level of success that UCLA hoops achieved

Sam Gilbert was doing this stuff at UCLA for 15 years

word is he paid for abortions (among other things) for players, IMO thats worse than the Luoisville Ass't getting hookers for players. both are bad, but I'd say financing abortions are worse

and as for Baylor, yeah that was awful obviously but that is really a different story than cheating at recruiting & benefits to players. I mean the NCAA didnt even get involved there ... (which infuriates me even more with regarding their actions against PSU football)
You're right...but the cheating at recruiting and benefits to players was very much a part of that story. (I'm not talking about the current story, I'm talking about the Dave Bliss story from 2003) You may want to read up on that.

Wooden was a great man and great coach. But he did look the other way and who wouldn't. He had no recruiting limits bringing in hordes of studs every year filtering out the elite players and he had a bag man to keep the elite guys in check. Is it any different at other places and in other sports?

The NCAA is self serving. They only do what is good for them. There was no outcry about Wooden/ UCLA because the house of cards would have crumbled as others would have come down, too. The same holds true today.

Reactions: Antaeus
Wooden was a great man and great coach. But he did look the other way and who wouldn't. He had no recruiting limits bringing in hordes of studs every year filtering out the elite players and he had a bag man to keep the elite guys in check. Is it any different at other places and in other sports?

The NCAA is self serving. They only do what is good for them. There was no outcry about Wooden/ UCLA because the house of cards would have crumbled as others would have come down, too. The same holds true today.
No disrespect meant, but how do you look the other way when you're supposed to be in a leadership position? Isn't that his job? We can rationalize cheating at things in so many ways.
Two listed here are:
*The rules aren't appropriate for me/us (I've decided) and therefore do not need to be followed.
*Everybody is doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT