ADVERTISEMENT

Dec 22

Wilson can connect from the 3-point circle. I suspect Nick will crowd him a bit more if they meet again.

No doubt that he was backing up and trying to avoid Nick, so I'm guessing you're right. The trick for Nick will be to lay hands on him and keep ahold of him, then punish him.

Wilson can connect from the 3-point circle. I suspect Nick will crowd him a bit more if they meet again.

Absolutely, that is top 3 competition right there, I’ll be pleased if Berge makes the podium.
Still concerned that he is wearing head protection more than a year and a half after his injury. It also sounded, from what Jeff said, that he was having other issues.

I really hope that it all goes well and we get to see Berge at his best soon.

Reactions: Ski
While I enjoy much of the conversation between Jeff and David, it sometimes seems that they are not very interested in the match in front of them. I found it particularly vexing that Jane came up with a great come-from-behind finish and they barely noticed!

Reactions: nerfstate
While I enjoy much of the conversation between Jeff and David, it sometimes seems that they are not very interested in the match in front of them. I found it particularly vexing that Jane came up with a great come-from-behind finish and they barely noticed!
Yes, totally agree. During one match that were talking about youth wrestling........and seemed to be ignoring the action in front of them. Too much small talk. Need to focus on the wrestling match.

Someone just needs to give Jeff a big crash course in freestyle scoring, etc. We finally heard him in his element during Zain's match--but it seems like whenever there is an exposure situation or something unique to freestyle, he's hesitant to talk about the action. David needs to work on discernment in his otherwise always interesting storytelling--there's just too much of it, and not enough reaction to the action.

And yeah, the fact that Dr. Jane pulled out a 2nd straight buzzer beater, and they barely even noticed was frustrating!

Still concerned that he is wearing head protection more than a year and a half after his injury. It also sounded, from what Jeff said, that he was having other issues.

My guess is he’ll most likely wear that head protection for the foreseeable future, possibly the rest of his career.
I think the other injuries Byers was referring to were all before the head injury.

Head Gear or not, it was a huge start that he was out there and competitive. As for the other issues, not wanting to speculate, but look for Helen Maroulis talk about her struggles after her concussions. It ia not an easy road back for some when you sustain a severe one.

Put me completely 180 degrees from you. If he wasn't wearing protective gear I would be concerned.

I wonder if Baylor Shunk might get some starting lineup action this year.

I haven't seen any indication that Robbie Howard will be ready for this season, and Shunk looked great last night.

I haven't seen any indication that Robbie Howard will be ready for this season, and Shunk looked great last night.
I think it's Merideth if no Robbie

Meredith beat Shunk 20-6 last year. That seems like a pretty big hurdle.

Meredith beat Shunk 20-6 last year. That seems like a pretty big hurdle.

Meredith did improve as the season went on as well.
I fully realize no one has any real medical updates on Howard, but what do people think? Best guess? Will he be physically able to give it a go this year?

I must really really miss Wrestling and everything about it.

After the match I wanted to see what else NLWC had on Rokfin. I spent 18 minutes watching Zain and Eric Thompson make and drink coffee. Most of the 18 minutes was about coffee. They did talk a bit about the (upcoming) match on December 22nd and new competition.

Eighteen minutes.......and I hate coffee, I'm a tea drinker. But it was Zain and Eric! It was pretty well done.

If Christmas dinner conversation with the family gets boring, I may sneak off and watch it again.

I now know I'm in it for Zain's miniseries of Pumpkin planting, Pumpkin plant cultivating, Pumpkin Harvest and Zain's personal hand carving. Don't put it past the creative minds at NLWC.

I might of well just mail Rokfin my credit card.

Eighteen minutes.......and I hate coffee, I'm a tea drinker. But it was Zain and Eric! It was pretty well done.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
There hasn't been much talk about Barraclough.

I just re-watched the event and even though he lost, I was impressed. Scott was ranked the #2 high schooler at 149 last year, and Terrell basically wrestled him even.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT