ADVERTISEMENT

DEs play not impressive saturday

psykim

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2001
We sure did not hold the edge, shoot gaps, or do much at all to stop the run-they did not pass much and their passing game was not much of anything to worry anybody about. I do not know if
AK has another year of eligibility to bulk up about 5 to 10 pounds-he seems to need it if he wants to play at the next level. Safeties made a ton of tackles and were not a problem. Joey Porter Jr. played well
and I think pass interference call against him stunk. His play is good, not the problem.Csdtro-Fields is a mediocre CB. Surprised he still starts-Dixon looks better. Linebackers were half a step away way too often, while the great ones make many more plays than we saw yesterday. DTs yesterday-YIKES, I thought we were going to be adequate there without Mustipher but I was wrong.We do not get enough production out of the other DE position. We need a 5 star DE like this Saturday but obviously that will not happen.
On offfense, were our receivers NOT open. Was Dotson covered that well. We sure did not get the ball out quickly-past the line of scrimmage please- to Dotson and Washington who are quite talented. I think that the TE pass drop cost us a touchdown. Play at TE this year-YIKES. Running back play-BLAH. Clifford should have never played Saturday-it was easy to tell early on-he just could not move well enough. Sad to think if he had sat Saturday maybe he would be healthy for OSU, but I doubt it now. He stunk Saturday. Running backs have not stood out-the great ones find a WAY-no on this year has.
Coaching was abysmal-players did not seem ready. Few quick passes, lots of negative plays but a QB who could move and be dynamic would have changed a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News