ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody have any experience dealing with cable

Nittany1997

Dec 18, 2014
Charlotte NC
companies?

My promotion with AT&T Uverse just ended and now I am going to go from $111 a month to $138. I called Time Warner and they said they could give me less options than I have already and increase it to $125 a month. Does anybody have any negotiating tactics? Sorry to sound cheap but I thought the whole board could benefit...

The best deals are typically for new customers so that may be TWC best offer. However did you try to cancel ATT yet? Often the best deals for existing customers are only available through the retention department. They often are able to give you promotions that customer service can't Just select all the options to cancel and then ask that person what the best they can do to keep you as a customer.

What 'Nut said below, but also ask if they will lower the rate even more if

you commit to a two+ year contract.

I just did this Comcast and locked in a damned good rate for phone/internet/cable for 2 years. Just installed updated equipment over the weekend and my downloads went from 55Mbps to 122Mbps, and the wireless gateway is now 5Ghz vs 2.4Ghz and the wireless speed test for UltraVision went form 1.1Mbps to 49Mbps.

Try Peaked in High School or Meat Head Rob Lowe*

This post was edited on 3/16 3:01 PM by Lavar5150

Re: What 'Nut said below, but also ask if they will lower the rate even more if

Originally posted by lionroar88:

you commit to a two+ year contract.

I just did this Comcast and locked in a damned good rate for phone/internet/cable for 2 years. Just installed updated equipment over the weekend and my downloads went from 55Mbps to 122Mbps, and the wireless gateway is now 5Ghz vs 2.4Ghz and the wireless speed test for UltraVision went form 1.1Mbps to 49Mbps.
Roar very interested in what you pulled off. Did you go through the cancellation steps and deal with the retention dept? Was the upgraded equip part of that deal?
Currently have comcast for all 3 services. Really appreciative of any details you could supply, as I desperately want to upgrade our internet, as well as, drive costs down. Considering dropping home phone as well.
thanks

Here's how I handle Charter Cable...

for high-speed internet. Every Sept. I call them before the proposed rate hike. I tell them I am retired and on fixed income. If they raise my rate then I am gone. They renew me at the same low rate. The associate tells me they can't do the 'promotional rate' anymore than one year at a time, and to simply call back one year from now. And so I do. Just be polite, firm and reasonable and they will fold like a cheap suit.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/16 6:23 PM by Cosmos

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT