ADVERTISEMENT

Don't touch the muffler on your snowblower.

This just in... Don't put any body parts in a wood chipper. Well, unless the person is already dead and you've just bought tons of rags and bleach.

Reactions: LionJim
In all seriousness make sure your car exhaust is not blocked by snow causing carbon monoxide to enter an idling car.

All knowing board, why does my snowblower sound like it is backfiring?

Another thing DO NOT put your hands for anything else near impeller blade/auger while the engine is running.[/QUOTE said:
Helpful hint from Those of us who live in areas prone to lake effect snows:
use a stick with a kitten duct-taped to it

Reactions: LionJim
No muffler on mine.

Bought a Toro Electric about 25 years ago and it's still running strong. It's 18 inches wide and can take up to 10", but you need to go slow when you tackle deep snow. 25' 10 gauge and 100' 12 gauge cords gets me to the street. I did my whole driveway and was back inside in less than an hour. About 6 or 7 passes to get the whole long single wide driveway from the larger turn-around up by the garages down to the street.

I bought a Toro gas thrower a few years back for $50 but never use it. My brother wants to give me a brand new big 2 stage electric start self propelled one but I'd have to clean out my garage to find a spot for it. So I just keep using the electric, and just shovel anything less than 6 inches of snow.

it is brand new; today is the first time I used it

As MMII stated, the cold air is causing you to run rich. You could adjust it, but once the engine is warmed up you'll be running lean. I'd leave it alone and see if it goes away when the engine is properly warmed. If its persistent, return it.

As MMII stated, the cold air is causing you to run rich. You could adjust it, but once the engine is warmed up you'll be running lean. I'd leave it alone and see if it goes away when the engine is properly warmed. If its persistent, return it.
thanks - I will seen how it goes

reminds me of a manufacturer's warning on the last iron my wife purchased "do not iron clothes while wearing. May cause burns"
Reminds me of a sign I saw years ago at a bar : People who can't add should not be allowed to multiply.

No muffler on mine.

Bought a Toro Electric about 25 years ago and it's still running strong. It's 18 inches wide and can take up to 10", but you need to go slow when you tackle deep snow. 25' 10 gauge and 100' 12 gauge cords gets me to the street. I did my whole driveway and was back inside in less than an hour. About 6 or 7 passes to get the whole long single wide driveway from the larger turn-around up by the garages down to the street.

I bought a Toro gas thrower a few years back for $50 but never use it. My brother wants to give me a brand new big 2 stage electric start self propelled one but I'd have to clean out my garage to find a spot for it. So I just keep using the electric, and just shovel anything less than 6 inches of snow.

Who the heck wants to deal with a cord stiffened by the cold weather? Get a 2 cycle Toro blower and get it over with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT