ADVERTISEMENT

Edinboro Open

Levi is jumping scary levels in the room. He lost Super 32 a few months ago to a guy who IIRC isn't considered a super elite recruit.
Yes, but also I think that result could be considered a bit misleading. For one, Gaitan has continued to move up the HS rankings and two he’s got a really unconventional style that presents kids a lot of issues if they haven’t seen/felt it before.

Reminds me of the Bloomsburg teams in early 1980's. I knew some of the guys. After Saturday night match a lot them would go to DOK and drink like fishes. I believe their choice of IC Light was their attempt at proper diet and hydration.
Come Monday they would be sitting in sauna with garbage bags on. Some mid weight guys would have to drop 12- 15 pounds before next match.
A few years later I knew a few guys up there and they said Rickey Bonomo was unbelievable at cutting weight. He won his titles at 118 and they said he would drop 20 pounds in less than a week if he had to.
It doesn't work that way anymore.
I was on that Bloomsburg team for a while in the early 80s. I knew a lot of DOC brothers. I'm sure we have mutual friends (though I have lost touch with pretty much all of those guys over the years). I don't remember hearing about anything like you describe but nothing would surprise me. When I read about the weight descent rules in place today... wow it is so much different (and better). It's been a while- I don't remember if we got certified back then or not? I think so. Other than that, you just had to make weight.

Reactions: hlstone and GantryZ
What were resume’s of guys Haines mauled?
Garrett Thompson. Freshman at Ohio Univ. 96-35 at Franklin Regional HS. No trips to states. 14-7 in open tournaments before today.

Kevin Schork. Freshman at Maryland. Virginia State Champ and 3x finalist. 6-8 in open tournaments before today.

Douglas Terry. Freshman at Cleveland State. 2x runner-up in Ohio. 11-5 in open tournaments before today.

% chance that Levi starts as a true Freshman next year for PSU?

10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%?

% chance that Levi starts as a true Freshman next year for PSU?

10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%?
I think he’ll get put on the same plan as many. We’ll see BearClaw and/or Negron at the start of the season while Haines wrestles a couple opens. Then the Scuffle will decide it along with an evaluation of whether he helps the team win nationals. That will depend on what other teams are showing in addition to our’s. I put it greater than 50, but less than 75. You can question the competition he’s wrestling today, but not what he’s doing to it.

Reactions: IndyLion1
Levi keeps getting better and better. How often does he get in the NLWC room? Is he in there everyday.

Kanen Stor (Michigan) with another head scratcher losing to paniro of Iowa State and Erie Cathedral (unattached) in the consis

Reactions: danoftw
Garrett Thompson. Freshman at Ohio Univ. 96-35 at Franklin Regional HS. No trips to states. 14-7 in open tournaments before today.

Kevin Schork. Freshman at Maryland. Virginia State Champ and 3x finalist. 6-8 in open tournaments before today.

Douglas Terry. Freshman at Cleveland State. 2x runner-up in Ohio. 11-5 in open tournaments before today.
Thompson, who on paper had the lesser resume, has won three straight in the consis and is now in the consi round of 4. He won by TF, 9-2 and 1st period fall. Maybe that's just the strength of PA wrestling (vs other states) again showing itself.

Haines in the hole on mat 3. Negron should be up shortly after.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT