ADVERTISEMENT

Elite 8 duals

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017

Some great matchups and PSU recruits Sealey and the Mirasola twins are competing. In day 1 the Flo article says that we should see a matchup between Bassett and Lilledahl! Might be the best match of the entire event

The weight class with Bassett and Lilledahl is absolutely stacked in both pools. Can never count out the Raney brothers (I believe Jordyn is the one in that weight class and had upsets over Bassett (Fargo FS) and Jax (Super 32) this last year).

Last edited:
Are these freestyle or Folkstyle? I assume FS.

I am excited to watch the Mirasola Brothers in action. 55kg is packed with Lilledahl, the better Raney, Basset, Fretwell, Milano (Cornell commit I think), Tahir Parkins.

Other wrestlers competing we want to keep an eye on Jax, Manville, Joe Sealy.

I think that Anthony Evanitsky is wrestling. He is very good and under the radar slightly. I think HS wrestlers who aren’t scared to put it on the line & compete at this bigger events, have an edge when they get into the big ten schedule and into the NCAA’s. MAM is a prime example of barely competing. I think this will eventually hurt him in college and the reason PSU backed off him

I think that Anthony Evanitsky is wrestling. He is very good and under the radar slightly. I think HS wrestlers who aren’t scared to put it on the line & compete at this bigger events, have an edge when they get into the big ten schedule and into the NCAA’s. MAM is a prime example of barely competing. I think this will eventually hurt him in college and the reason PSU backed off him
Did PSU back off McGowan? He listed a final 6, and then a final 3, and we were on both.

The weight class with Bassett and Lilledahl is absolutely stacked in both pools. Can never count out the Raney brothers (I believe Jordyn is the one in that weight class and had upsets over Bassett (Fargo FS) and Jax (Super 32) this last year).
Anyone know why they are listed at different weights and in the same pool. Not sure if anyone caught that. They have Bassett at 52 kg and lilledahl at 57 kg?

Anyone know why they are listed at different weights and in the same pool. Not sure if anyone caught that. They have Bassett at 52 kg and lilledahl at 57 kg?
Not sure where you are seeing that? In the Flo article I linked it has them both listed at 55kg in the same pool

Reactions: hlstone
I purchased the Rokfin package and found it totally unacceptable. First off, they ran 4/5 mats. They offered no schedule for any of the wrestlers, including the PSU recruits that I paid to watch. They offered no graphics on the screen identifying the wrestlers. I couldn’t tell who I was watching until the announcers (who were not particularly informative) shared a name. I found myself continuously scrolling through the mats trying to recognize a name that mattered to me. After 2 hours of this experience, I finally shut it off and acknowledge my $10 mistake. I figured some of my friends in the Wrestling Room would fill me in. I’m surprised no active thread. I can report Sealy dismantled his first opponent and the one Mirasola twin I caught looked very, very good. But jeez, that was the worst customer experience I’ve had in the past week.

Yea, these days….don’t ever expect too much regarding service. I’m getting used to disappointment. Except when our Lions take the mat!

Last edited:
Basset beats Lilledahl 4-1. Big flip from last years result
Very good result for Bassett. The 2 losses he took recently against Knox and Lilledahl he has come back and reversed the result the next time they met. Quite impressive. I thought Lilledahl was a bad matchup for Bo but I guess he figured out a game plan after their last match. I hope they post the matches online after the event so I can see how this match went down. I hope both these guys wrestle Raney and Milani today as well

I can’t find anything on this on flo. Milani is a really tough wrestler. Dominated Michigan this year. I am curious to see how he does against Luke and Bassett.

Did you see Mineo’s page. That was crazy after that match. Two world champions going hard, surprised the sportsmanship afterwards.

Does anyone know about this Dawson Youngblut kid? From Iowa and supposedly one of the best young kids to come along in quite some time. I think he will be a freshman next year. He’s listed at 51kg for this event

You are all kidding, right? He lifted his leg for a moment. That’s all I see.
No idea what I am seeing, just passing along the post for those who hadn't seen it (like I hadn't until I googled it).

Watched the whole Bassett and Luke match on Rokfin. Luke should have been thrown out right away no questions asked!! Clearly out of frustration he lost his cool and as he had a collartie he raised his knee to Bo's face. I have watched it numerous times in slow motion and sure he may have pulled back at the very last moment or whatever happened, but I guarantee you IF he did connect everyone would be outraged and rightfully so. But since he missed or stopped last second some will say whats the big deal?? Unreal. We saw this kids true colors. Sickening to see that.

You are all kidding, right? He lifted his leg for a moment. That’s all I see.
He's been doing some unconventional training.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: mcpat
Oh the outrage! This generation is rubbing off on too many of us more seasoned veterans. It's unfortunate through the last decade or two of victimhood paraded around us daily has twisted our minds. We can become so easily provoked, to pile on with what we think is joining the virtuous side. If half of the stuff I have seen on a wrestling mat over the years that was much worse, including full on fist fights, riled me, I would have to stop watching. I have definitely seen many instances where kids went way over the line and most of the time it was dealt with appropriately by the proper local authorities. Instances that included sanctions and bans. Get real, this one was a nothing burger.

I don't think that it is all too difficult to throw one's knee right through your hands while snapping down much harder if the intent is really to take somone's face off.

That was not this.

No real contact indicates to me a reflex of frustration at the worst, or a futile attempt at something unconventional, but I am not even close to branding this kid as an Austin Desanto, or that he has a character flaw worthy of the black list.

I have seen Zain and Nolf put a far worse intentional beatings on someone's face via a legal cross faces, and the same crowd that is "sickened" by Luke's near miss, will probably comment with glee about the pain and punishment our GOATs have inflicted, then sit down to 2 hours of PPV MMA!

"But since he missed or stopped last second some will say whats the big deal??" = Yep that's me!!!

"Unreal. We saw this kids true colors. Sickening to see that." = Nope that's not me and I am thankful I don't possess the lynch mob mentality, but to take an authoritative stance on some 17 year old's character based upon that 1/4 second act? That to me is "unreal".

PS - Lilledahl and Hopke remain at the very top of my must get list

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT