ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Wick

All of this just makes me question why we even need this flavor of "news breaker" in wrestling.
Why do we "need" it in any other sports? People like learning about news when it happens. It's basically why the paparazzi exists.

Reactions: nitlion6
Why do we "need" it in any other sports? People like learning about news when it happens. It's basically why the paparazzi exists.
And if you read or read into Pat's tweets he views himself as a wrestling version of TMZ. He wants to be first more than he wants to be right.

And frankly the web of info he puts out means others are using him as a vessel for info to the masses. Hes not a victim, not in the least, but I think he is used as a vessel for info. Some that float and some that sink.

And some that sink are by design.

Reactions: PASLP2
And if you read or read into Pat's tweets he views himself as a wrestling version of TMZ. He wants to be first more than he wants to be right.

And frankly the web of info he puts out means others are using him as a vessel for info to the masses. Hes not a victim, not in the least, but I think he is used as a vessel for info. Some that float and some that sink.

And some that sink are by design.

Yea, TMZ is probably a more accurate comparison than Adam Schefter or whoever. But I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing for wrestling since it usually results in people talking about it more.

I think a lot of the times his sources are probably the kids directly. He seems to have no problem messaging people out of the blue (maybe a little weird when it’s high school kids), but they probably don’t mind being “news” as long as the story is positive.

June 15th would be a good day to dive back into this one. Patience. When mom speaks I tend to listen.

As for Pat? Bummer. I have been a bit of a defender in terms of his accuracy ratio. Reporting on off the record stuff, or "Pat was polite and said he would wait for confirmation" is no bueno with me.

Mmmmm...better future for wrestling career.
giphy.gif
We should find something mid month .....

Could that mean they’ll know by then what Shane Griffith is doing? Otherwise, why not say he’ll decide by mid month?

All of this just makes me question why we even need this flavor of "news breaker" in wrestling.

Mineo is not doing vodka-style investigative journalism. He's basically just tweeting things that we would eventually find out without his "contributions".
Liked for the “vodka-style investigative journalism” and Mineo not even meeting those standards.

I read a Twitter thread just last week where 3-4 random people posted responses to one of his tweets. One questioned his reporting accuracy… boom, he blocked the guy and sent him threatening messages. The next guy questioned his journalism skills… boom, blocked. The third guy was blocked too, apparently just for being part of the thread. 😂

I also
I read a Twitter thread just last week where 3-4 random people posted responses to one of his tweets. One questioned his reporting accuracy… boom, he blocked the guy and sent him threatening messages. The next guy questioned his journalism skills… boom, blocked. The third guy was blocked too, apparently just for being part of the thread. 😂
That's Twitter these days. You dont need the FUD on your timeline because hateful people doing hateful things will have people doing hateful things.

Better to block them. Just ask flo personalities. ....

Interesting. Obviously, plans can change, but I thought that he was pretty set on not returning for another year.
Heard the same about if he wants to come back. If anyone can change his mind its Penn State coaches.

Jesse did an interview recently on InterMat recently .... really good read about some mental health issues he battled in college and how he overcame it. He sounded pretty ready to move on (his next goal is coaching, either at a university or starting his own club) but I'm sure Cael kicked the tires and made a good pitch.

Final quote of it was: "I'm kind of just weighing out my options and seeing where that takes me."

Reactions: jrod65
Interesting. Obviously, plans can change, but I thought that he was pretty set on not returning for another year.
Maybe Army volunteer assistant? Think that is on the table, as well. Either return for 1 more year as a wrestler or he goes right into coaching.

Reactions: jrod65
Jesse did an interview recently on InterMat recently .... really good read about some mental health issues he battled in college and how he overcame it. He sounded pretty ready to move on (his next goal is coaching, either at a university or starting his own club) but I'm sure Cael kicked the tires and made a good pitch.

Final quote of it was: "I'm kind of just weighing out my options and seeing where that takes me."

Definently worth a read. Here's the article:

I imagine Cael probably sells Jesse on how well he did in the Rider room and that Casey coaching him and his new drill partners can put him over the top. On top of that, he VASTLY expands his wrestling network to include all Penn Staters which can only help his coaching career. It says he's a MMA junkie, we have people in that realm now as well.

Long story short, I have to imagine that is SUPER intriguing for a kid to hear.

Maybe Army volunteer assistant? Think that is on the table, as well. Either return for 1 more year as a wrestler or he goes right into coaching.

For clarification, I am not saying your info is wrong. And I have 0 connections to Dellavecchia or his plans.

It was just a surprise to hear that he might be coming back. It had been reported that he was done by Willie, is on Flo's Sr tracker as not coming back, and Jesse had even said it himself in an article that I saw around Nationals time.

What was even more surprising to me was that if he was coming back, that it was at a school other than Rider...

Well guys .... nothing is a done deal besides Max Dean but turns out we have some plugged in people on this board. @SeamusGQuaker said nothing official at the time but could be some big names in the works for transfers at 157, 165 and 197. Brantt on 247 said he heard 3 possible transfers.

157 - Jesse D
165 - Griffith/Wick
197 - Max Dean

Once again, nothing is a done deal but we now have uncovered all the mystery people.

Well guys .... nothing is a done deal besides Max Dean but turns out we have some plugged in people on this board. @SeamusGQuaker said nothing official at the time but could be some big names in the works for transfers at 157, 165 and 197. Brantt on 247 said he heard 3 possible transfers.

157 - Jesse D
165 - Griffith/Wick
197 - Max Dean

Once again, nothing is a done deal but we now have uncovered all the mystery people.
Several people laughed at @SeamusGQuaker. I very much hope he can come on and dunk on a few doubters

Your older boy will be a coveted 4 year 125 and your youngest a coveted 4 year Heavy. Makes sense since you are a retired NFL D Lineman for the Steelers and your wife a pixieish (and limber) ex ballet dancer and gymnast

Chickenman cray lmao!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT