ADVERTISEMENT

fc Gary to the NFL, no word if he plays in their bowl game...

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
One of the top defensive line prospects for this year’s draft confirmed on Monday that he will be foregoing his remaining college eligibility.

University of Michigan defensive lineman Rashan Gary posted a video announcing his plans to move on to the NFL.

“I would like to thank my higher power, my family, the University of Michigan, the students and the fans,” Gary said. “I will be foregoing my senior season to make a dream come true to declare for the draft. Thank you. Go Blue.”

Gary is ranked in or around the top 10 on most lists of prospects after spending the last three years in Ann Arbor. Gary missed three games this season with a shoulder injury, but returned for the back end of the Big Ten season. That included Saturday’s crushing defeat at the hands of Ohio State and Monday’s announcement means that he’ll leave Michigan with an 0-3 record against the school’s archrivals.

Michigan will have a bowl game to play before their season is officially done, but Gary did not say whether he’ll be playing in that game before heading to the professional ranks.

Share this:

My guess is if he's announcing it now, he will not play in the bowl game. His focus has shifted to playing on Sundays. I could certainly be wrong, however.

Reactions: Obliviax
My guess is if he's announcing it now, he will not play in the bowl game. His focus has shifted to playing on Sundays. I could certainly be wrong, however.
I think, by announcing it, he's done with college ball.

I think, by announcing it, he's done with college ball.
That’s the general consensus.

Really promising athlete who never really was able to meet expectations on the field. Shoulder injury most of this season and part of last season makes me very skeptical of where he might land - quite possibly out of the first round.

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
23 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks in 34 games. LOL top 5 pick

As I was told by a UMer, it's not just the stats. He must have been double or triple teamed all the time. Apparently this is true of Winovich as well, which is why he only has 4 sacks this year. No wonder that LB gets all the tackles, there is no one left to block him!

Reactions: BBrown and cjrugger
One of the top defensive line prospects for this year’s draft confirmed on Monday that he will be foregoing his remaining college eligibility.

University of Michigan defensive lineman Rashan Gary posted a video announcing his plans to move on to the NFL.

“I would like to thank my higher power, my family, the University of Michigan, the students and the fans,” Gary said. “I will be foregoing my senior season to make a dream come true to declare for the draft. Thank you. Go Blue.”

Gary is ranked in or around the top 10 on most lists of prospects after spending the last three years in Ann Arbor. Gary missed three games this season with a shoulder injury, but returned for the back end of the Big Ten season. That included Saturday’s crushing defeat at the hands of Ohio State and Monday’s announcement means that he’ll leave Michigan with an 0-3 record against the school’s archrivals.

Michigan will have a bowl game to play before their season is officially done, but Gary did not say whether he’ll be playing in that game before heading to the professional ranks.

Share this:
Bush will be next. Marshall, Winovich, & Kinnel are seniors so Michigan will have at most 6 seniors returning on defense next year.

I have to admit when he signed with Michigan I was like "oh crap" we are going to have to deal with him for the next three years, but I never saw him dominate like I thought he would. Bosa was the better of the two in my eyes.
I wasn’t happy to play against him either. Truth is, Bosa was on a better team with other surrounding talent to worry about. But I expect Bosa’s achievements will outshine Gary’s at the next level too.

Reactions: osu68
Bush will be next. Marshall, Winovich, & Kinnel are seniors so Michigan will have at most 6 seniors returning on defense next year.
Don't know if Ohio St torching them changes things but I had heard a couple of DBs were likely to depart early as well. Then it appears their mercenary QB will also likely go. To be honest, why would they stay? This year was their shot, they aren't beating Ohio st anytime soon, and Harbaugh is a weirdo. They get any grade and likely they will take it.

A lot of Ohio St underclassmen project high also and could go. But Michigan will lose more than just about any team in the conference.

I had heard a couple of DBs were likely to depart early as well. Then it appears their mercenary QB will also likely go.

Michigan will lose more than just about any team in the conference.

2019 depends on who stays and goes for a lot of teams including PSU. Things change quickly for PSU if they lose 2 OL, a DT, Sanders, JJ, etc.

To be honest I thought Patterson played well vs. OSU except for that horrendous INT. I guess that's what happens when things start to spiral out of control and somebody feels like he has to do it by himself. I think it would be great for PSU if he left early.

I *think* you meant six returning starters (not seniors). UM losses three starters to graduation in Winovich, Mone and Kinnel. Plus they lose Gary to the NFL. Then you’ve got Bush and Long who are likely to the NFL. And Hill is considering going pro (ill advised imo). That leaves 4 or 5 starters returning pending Hill.

For what it’s worth I’m not counting the graduating Marshall a lost starter because he lost his job to soph Aubrey Solomon and then (after Solomon got hurt) to soph Carlo Kemp.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT