ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Not good on Rasheed Walker

Christ --- that's not good in multiple ways.

Obviously, Walker shouldn't be stealing stuff.

But if we learn the football team knew about it prior to the Kent State and Illinois games, yet he still played .... that's a bad look.

Gotta be smarter than that. Looks like Rasheed might need a new pair of running shoes after the staff gets done with him.

Christ --- that's not good in multiple ways.

Obviously, Walker shouldn't be stealing stuff.

But if we learn the football team knew about it prior to the Kent State and Illinois games, yet he still played .... that's a bad look.

Why? He stole a bike, not gold bullion.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Wow, really not good. PSU can't afford that, especially not at that position. Left tackle is really hard to recruit for, and they lost Nana and now you have to hold your breath on this guy. At very least, one more misstep and he'll be gone and Franklin will be having to fish for Juco offensive tackles again. Tackle was a recruiting priority before and now it's REALLY a priority.

I have no tolerance for crap like this. One firm rule in my life is if stuff doesn't belong to me, I don't take it or mess with it in any way. It is said he admitted it. If so, or if it is proven to be true, I hope Franklin comes down hard on the young man, as a message to him, and others, that the Penn State football team has zero tolerance for crime among its members.

Last edited:
Hes young, he made a dumb mistake. Not mailicious, didnt even keep the bike. Was basically being lazy. Make him learn his lesson now, run run run run run run run run. Nothing to freak out about.

Just so I understand your logic here.......stealing someone's property is a lesser crime when the property is of lesser value??

Um, yes. Yes it is. The value of the property stolen determines what crime the person is charged with. It's still a crime but it's definitely of varying degrees.

Um, yes. Yes it is. The value of the property stolen determines what crime the person is charged with. It's still a crime but it's definitely of varying degrees.
Correct. The value cut off may vary by jurisdiction, but usually >$1000 is a felony and <$1000 is a misdemeanor.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Will he get canned for this?

The whole stolen bike thing was pretty commonplace even when I was in school so maybe the police cut this down to something smaller. Not a good sign though for a kid who has been on campus for only a few months.

It was a Trek bike valued at $150. So it couldn't have been that new/in good condition

Didn't know the particulars so yea it couldn't have been in very good shape which makes him even dumber.
I'm sure it "rode" like a dream. LMAO.
But my point remains. Keep your hands off of other peoples property, regardless of the price or how it looks.

I have no tolerance for crap like this. One firm rule in my life is if stuff doesn't belong to me, I don't take it or mess with it in any way. It is said he admitted it. If so, or if it is proven to be true, I hope Franklin comes down hard on the young man, as a message to him, and others, that the Penn State football team has zero tolerance for crime among its members.

Just keep your meat hooks off.

lmao i did this when i was there
probably lucky not to be as distinguishable as a 6'6 300lb man that everyone knows
this is a good thing to be busted for as a freshman, it will straighten him out without being too serious.

Hes young, he made a dumb mistake. Not mailicious, didnt even keep the bike. Was basically being lazy. Make him learn his lesson now, run run run run run run run run. Nothing to freak out about.

It was not a dumb mistake. It was theft. That said, I agree it's nothing to freak out about. Punish him hard enough to send a clear message and move on.

Reactions: PSUSignore
I'm almost more concerned about his reasoning..."didn't feel like walking back to his residence"???

Dude is an elite D1 football prospect and doesn't want to put in the effort to walk back home? You can't coach effort and drive so hopefully this isn't a true example of his general demeanor. #soapbox

The actual theft sounds way more lazy than it does malicious. Its not like he's stealing merchandise in a store which was what I first assumed. Took the bike...road home...dumped it in the grass. Doesn't seem like he wanted the bike at all - he was just lazy. He should just say he was hiding it as a prank (tic).

Reactions: fairgambit
well, at least he didn't shoot an arrow into a dorm wall.

latest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT