ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Army Navy Game Uniforms....

• Thread starter anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
  • Start date
A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Army looking spiffy in WWII 10th Mountain Division inspired dress whites, er, uniforms....

Navy counters with insane Blue Angels inspired gear....

Reactions: Bob78
Love the Blue Angels. As the former base at Johnsville had one of the better runways in the country (could handle the C5), they regularly practiced there when I was a kid and we'd see them flying overhead my house for a week or two at a time. Occasionally they did a practice show there.

It is against my every principle to ever root against Navy. However it certainly did not upset me too much that Army broke the long losing string last year. Good for the Black Knights and well done.

Now that that is out of the way, however, it is time for reality to return.

GO NAVY!

maxresdefault.jpg

Think these uniforms take on an extra cool factor when you read the history and inspiration behind them. Last year Army honored the 82nd Airborne but little known about 10th Mountain history by comparison this year.

Really good info here:

https://www.climbtoglory.football

I went to my first Army/Navy game last year with my dad (West Point grad who hadn't been to one since he was a cadet) and it was one of the absolute best sporting events imaginable.

Think these uniforms take on an extra cool factor when you read the history and inspiration behind them. Last year Army honored the 82nd Airborne but little known about 10th Mountain history by comparison this year.

Really good info here:

I went to my first Army/Navy game last year with my dad (West Point grad who hadn't been to one since he was a cadet) and it was one of the absolute best sporting events imaginable.

Thinking about going this year - will be in Philly anyway.

Love the Blue Angels. As the former base at Johnsville had one of the better runways in the country (could handle the C5), they regularly practiced there when I was a kid and we'd see them flying overhead my house for a week or two at a time. Occasionally they did a practice show there.

Same. Remember being a kid in Hawaii (Kaneohe Bay USMC base) and watching the Blue Angles (when they were still A-4’s) practice over the beaches on base. Awesome.

Really good info here:

I honestly would like to hear more about the VaNtyLion. Whether it be in a nostalgic "dad" story or in a "KingAdBuck" style, either would be welcome. Thanks for sharing!!!

I honestly would like to hear more about the VaNtyLion. Whether it be in a nostalgic "dad" story or in a "KingAdBuck" style, either would be welcome. Thanks for sharing!!!

Not sure even the King could make this up unless it included some Yuengling and oatmeal cream pies.....

But since the thread has a military theme - Army story at grandfather's funeral about WWII in Italy.

Epilogue first - he ended up with a Nazi revolver.

How he ended up with that revolver was never exactly clear (it was always assumed he killed a German and voila).... til he spilled the beans to my uncle late in life. As a 19 yr old taking a break while the army was pushing up the boot, he stumbled upon an outhouse to drop a deuce......only to find on opening the door that a Nazi had beat him to the seat. So, Jerry surrendered with his pants around his ankles and grandpa got a pretty sweet souvenir.

Not sure even the King could make this up unless it included some Yuengling and oatmeal cream pies.....

But since the thread has a military theme - Army story at grandfather's funeral about WWII in Italy.

Epilogue first - he ended up with a Nazi revolver.

How he ended up with that revolver was never exactly clear (it was always assumed he killed a German and voila).... til he spilled the beans to my uncle late in life. As a 19 yr old taking a break while the army was pushing up the boot, he stumbled upon an outhouse to drop a deuce......only to find on opening the door that a Nazi had beat him to the seat. So, Jerry surrendered with his pants around his ankles and grandpa got a pretty sweet souvenir.
Great Stuff! - My Uncle Elmer is the only living sibling on my mother's side (she was one of 11 children). He was a Tank Commander and has a German Luger that one of my cousins is destined to inherit. I still don't know the entire story and hope to find out someday. Those WWII vets held it close to the vest for the most part.

When where you there...my family was there in 86 stationed at Scholfield.

Brother was born there in ‘77, sister born in ‘83 (Tripler). There six years total - we left before my sister turned one. I was around 7 years old then.

Agreed, I grew up in Warminster and graduated PSU in 89. Always loved seeing the Blue Angels practice before the show in Willow Grove

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT