ADVERTISEMENT

FC OT. Dick Rod fired at Arizona just

How the hell does Rodriguez, or anyone in this situation, defend themself? That's all I'm saying.
He will hire a lawyer, as he has already. You don't think he is smart enough to have written that statement himself, do you?

Is his reputation being hurt unfairly? Could be, but he is a public figure, and the truth shall set him free. His denial will serve him well with those he has lied to in the past. Hint: they are LEGION.

Have they made their "independent investigation" public? Well, why not just share all the evidence they gathered with the Plaintiff? What are THEY trying to hide? Eventually they will have to share everything and so will she.
I understand where you are coming from. But one has to assume she was going to a settlement. To get a settlement, you have to show that you've got the goods. She could have shown a screen shot of the texts she claims she has and just stopped there.

But I do understand, giving up anything else is like showing your cards while playing poker.

Reactions: demlion
I understand where you are coming from. But one has to assume she was going to a settlement. To get a settlement, you have to show that you've got the goods. She could have shown a screen shot of the texts she claims she has and just stopped there.

But I do understand, giving up anything else is like showing your cards while playing poker.
But you don't show your cards to someone who is perhaps pretending to seek justice when they are on the opposite side.

But you don't show your cards to someone who is perhaps pretending to seek justice when they are on the opposite side.
Yes and no. You also have to show you've got solid evidence to get the insurance company to pay out. I get that you hold in reserve. Assuming it exists, I'd have shown them a single screen shot. There would be no interviews or other information forthcoming. Then I'd insinuate that the oncoming PR is more damaging for the university than it would be for her....and she is willing to sign an NDA at a premium.

Perhaps that is what they did and the University is lying...who knows.

The damning thing for RR is that he apparently got his staff to corroborate lies to mislead his wife. So far, the University acted as you would expect: take the claims seriously, have an investigation, find other evidence of wrongdoing, be proactive in letting him go. We'll see if that holds up down the road.

Yes and no. You also have to show you've got solid evidence to get the insurance company to pay out. I get that you hold in reserve. Assuming it exists, I'd have shown them a single screen shot. There would be no interviews or other information forthcoming. Then I'd insinuate that the oncoming PR is more damaging for the university than it would be for her....and she is willing to sign an NDA at a premium.

Perhaps that is what they did and the University is lying...who knows.

The damning thing for RR is that he apparently got his staff to corroborate lies to mislead his wife. So far, the University acted as you would expect: take the claims seriously, have an investigation, find other evidence of wrongdoing, be proactive in letting him go. We'll see if that holds up down the road.
Google : "Rita Rodriguez". Go to images.

Last edited:
Google : Rita Rodriguez". Go to images.
Well, I feel bad for her. I seem to remember her looking pretty good when he coached at WVU. Boy, WVU certainly has a "type" when it comes to coaches.

Regardless, she looks like the infamous "tanning mom"

hqdefault.jpg

my neighbor is a big WVU alum and donor...I'll have to see what she has to say.

Actually in looking through the pix, I think she has had some work done in the last few years that took away some of the ravaged "tanning mom" look.

They are a brutal pair.

In this case, STRIP poker! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Obliviax
Really? You know this? Smells like bullshit. I've yet to see one story where there was a lone accuser with no one to substantiate their story and some guys life was ruined.
Seriously? Google "woman false rape claim man jail" and there are plenty of stories ...

http://wjla.com/news/local/johnatha...prison-for-false-rape-claim-being-freed-82298
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...rison-4-years-1-3-years-jail-article-1.198983
http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2016/08/woman_sentenced_to_100_days_in.html
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/m...-finally-released-from-prison/article/2568687
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/m...-finally-released-from-prison/article/2568687
That last article states "Weiner was convicted based solely on Steiniger's testimony and was sent to prison."

I don't consider myself very PC, but I can't figure out how some people can actually think that they will get away with this sort of behavior. It will always come back to ruin you...

Please take this opportunity to remember that Penn State has a culture problem.

Some of that is clearly outrageous....on the other hand some it makes me wonder. For example, he ‘overly comforted her’ when she was crying about her husband and that he offered her an apartment when she said that she may have to move.

If she has the goods on the secrecy book and text messages she is in great shape and didn’t need to discuss being overly comforted.

Also $7.5 m? I feel like she is going to be challenged to substantiate those damages.

Other than that, if this stuff is true, RR is quite the scumbag and will never coach again.

Here's the story. He was cheating on his wife with a non AU woman.. Wife found out, confronted him, and Rich Rod made his admin asst lie about his whereabouts and cover for him to his wife. The asst felt she was forced to do this against her will.

http://tucson.com/news/local/rich-r...93ae0393d5.html#tracking-source=home-featured

I get a kick out of men who proclaim they love their wife dearly after getting caught cheating. Also and with regards to the timing of the firing, it's all about the Benjamins. UA didn't want to pay him for the MLP.

SIAP. Wow, is this a bad read. The "Triangle of Secrecy?" RU kidding me?! If this is true, it is surprising they didn't can him earlier. My understanding is that the University planned on buying out his contract, but given these details, I think they might have a good case for claiming a "for cause" termination.

http://tucson.com/news/local/breakd...cle_94e9ed68-f0b0-11e7-a8ec-c3ea7f93a46e.html
Well, if they terminate him for cause, they have to pay her. They did the investigation hoping to discredit her, and elected to pay him his buyout rather than her the damages. With luck they pay both.

This has been a great exchange of thoughts/opinions and, thankfully, it has been quite cordial. Perhaps the cordiality is because most of us aren't close to (or affiliated with) the players. One thing that I am pretty sure of is that ALL parties involved are lawyerd up heavily and DickRod, The Accuser and, most likely The University all are twisting the truth in their best interest.

It is even more likely that all of them are fuc#ing lying outright to protect their interests because the financial stakes are so high. All because a dingbat employee gets involved with a proven philanderer and got headaches from it! The fact that the financial stakes are so high is the root cause of this behavior.

This has been a great exchange of thoughts/opinions and, thankfully, it has been quite cordial. Perhaps the cordiality is because most of us aren't close to (or affiliated with) the players. One thing that I am pretty sure of is that ALL parties involved are lawyerd up heavily and DickRod, The Accuser and, most likely The University all are twisting the truth in their best interest.

It is even more likely that all of them are fuc#ing lying outright to protect their interests because the financial stakes are so high. All because a dingbat employee gets involved with a proven philanderer and got headaches from it! The fact that the financial stakes are so high is the root cause of this behavior.
So you think CFB coaches are overpaid?

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
The harassment charges are unsubstantiated and the accuser refused to cooperate with the investigation. Not good. I'm no fan of him but this is just wrong. Fire him for football reasons but if you can't prove the allegations and the accuser refuses to cooperate or turn over evidence then you shouldn't tar him with that accusation, essentially making him unemployable. Also, the accuser remains anonymous. At least I didn't see her name listed anywhere. If you don't file a charge with the police you should not be protected with anonymity
I think you might want to read more. The accuser does not remain anonymous......and there are plenty of questionable incidents.

I think you might want to read more. The accuser does not remain anonymous......and there are plenty of questionable incidents.
Amen. She should have no duty whatsoever to comply with their fake-ass "investigation."

For F**** sakes, please accept the one fact we all know---they bought him out---they DID NOT FIRE HIM.

He entered a contract wherein he agreed that if they paid the buyout he would GTFO. They are paying it. He has to GTFO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT