ADVERTISEMENT

Finals Confidence

kps7987

Aug 27, 2016
From most confident to least confident:

1. Kerk- Head and shoulders better than Davison and prior meeting confirms this.

2. Haines- He is just so technically sound in every position. When he was wrestling Andonian I thought he was backing out of positions due to the danger Andonian can put you in. Once he got behind he was forced to take a little risk and secured a takedown somewhat easy. He is just oo good.

3. Brooks- He is the most technically sound wrestler in NCAA and I fly expect him to win but Hidlay is very good. It could also be that Hidlay is so much better than competition but Aaron is still a level above Hidlay. For some reason I think this season gives Hidlay confidence to engage more where in past he knew he was outmatched and tried to keep it close for a late win. Just a hunch.

4. MM- Love watching him wrestle and think his activity can be the difference but Carr has faced similar in O'Toole in the past and has had success 3 out of 5 times. I think MM is more active and will have success but expect Carr to try and slow it down and if he gets the chance ride hard. Carr is very good but I think Mitch is great and going to be the next 4 timer barring injury.

5. Carter- I expect him to win but has some reservations. So far this tournament Lewis and Griffith wrestled a style mostly forced by Carter that didn't push Carter athletically to move around. I think Carter can dictate this but Welsh seemed to have a good tank the last time they wrestled and if I am his coach I am having him move constantly and make Carter chase. I would also do a lot of fakes getting him to react.

6. Beau- Being honest I would put this at less than 50 percent to win but obviously close to 50/50. I would like to see Beau handle this like the Woods match earlier this year where he commits to an early attack. It is more likely they go into the last minute of the match tied at 1 or Beau down 4-2.

PSU colored glasses has PSU with 6 champs, 2 thirds, scoring record, point differential record and TNT announce on the mat that Cael and Company are better and will always be better. Obviously not all of these will happen but one can dream.

I'm fairly confident in most/all of the finals bouts for tonight (won't say which ones, but I'm anywhere from 45-50% in one or two to 90% in several others), but in fairness, Davison has clicked it up at least a notch in this tournament. He looks really good right now.

From most confident to least confident:

1. Kerk- Head and shoulders better than Davison and prior meeting confirms this.

2. Haines- He is just so technically sound in every position. When he was wrestling Andonian I thought he was backing out of positions due to the danger Andonian can put you in. Once he got behind he was forced to take a little risk and secured a takedown somewhat easy. He is just oo good.

3. Brooks- He is the most technically sound wrestler in NCAA and I fly expect him to win but Hidlay is very good. It could also be that Hidlay is so much better than competition but Aaron is still a level above Hidlay. For some reason I think this season gives Hidlay confidence to engage more where in past he knew he was outmatched and tried to keep it close for a late win. Just a hunch.

4. MM- Love watching him wrestle and think his activity can be the difference but Carr has faced similar in O'Toole in the past and has had success 3 out of 5 times. I think MM is more active and will have success but expect Carr to try and slow it down and if he gets the chance ride hard. Carr is very good but I think Mitch is great and going to be the next 4 timer barring injury.

5. Carter- I expect him to win but has some reservations. So far this tournament Lewis and Griffith wrestled a style mostly forced by Carter that didn't push Carter athletically to move around. I think Carter can dictate this but Welsh seemed to have a good tank the last time they wrestled and if I am his coach I am having him move constantly and make Carter chase. I would also do a lot of fakes getting him to react.

6. Beau- Being honest I would put this at less than 50 percent to win but obviously close to 50/50. I would like to see Beau handle this like the Woods match earlier this year where he commits to an early attack. It is more likely they go into the last minute of the match tied at 1 or Beau down 4-2.

PSU colored glasses has PSU with 6 champs, 2 thirds, scoring record, point differential record and TNT announce on the mat that Cael and Company are better and will always be better. Obviously not all of these will happen but one can dream.
6c567733-99df-4d3f-a617-d65db461dd4a_text.gif

Reactions: lpfirman
Who is left in the consi side of their brackets and what are they wrestling for?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT