ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Dabo, Fire Saban...

Alabama is 7-2, having twice blown 4th quarter leads.

How about the Arkansas board. The look of disbelief after the long wait for the replay review to had Arkansas a loss to Liberty was priceless.

Not to worry Adam Friedman and his little band of sEcSPiN will fill them full of hot air.

Tennessee number 1? Lol yesterday was just the beginning of their annual swan dive.

While the topic of the thread is rather pointless, if you felt the need to come here and defend Saban with Franklin's record, you are simply a bitter fan.

I bet you some Bama fans are calling for his head this morning tho. That's what fans do. Same fans are probably getting ready to take their Roll Tide flags off the porch and finally hang up their Bulldogs banner. After all, the majority of their fan base is the types who cheer for a winner and have zero loyalty.

25-22-1 from 1995-1998 and 7-6 his first year at Alabama

At least PSU’s losses this year are only to undefeated teams.
What did he do in year 9?
Saban has losses to 2 top 10 teams right now by a total of...4 points I think
We have losses to 2 top 5 teams by a total of....a lot more points
Bama fans are livid right now but Saban's won titles before so he's not getting fired. He's arguably the best coach in college football history (again, arguably) so while Bama fans are mad they don't want him to be fired

I bet you some Bama fans are calling for his head this morning tho.
Doubt it--they might want Pete Golding to be fired after allowing 84 points in those losses but not Saban. They might be saying Saban needs to go if he refuses to fire Golding but they aren't trying to run Ole St Nick out of town quite yet. If they lose to Ole Miss or Auburn then maybe

Doubt it--they might want Pete Golding to be fired after allowing 84 points in those losses but not Saban. They might be saying Saban needs to go if he refuses to fire Golding but they aren't trying to run Ole St Nick out of town quite yet. If they lose to Ole Miss or Auburn then maybe

I'm not saying it's logical nor rational. I'm just saying it's probably occurred.

Saban could lose to Ole Miss and Auburn and I still wouldn't think he should be fired. If his credentials doesn't buy an 8-4 season, nobody is ever going to win anything ever again with any regularity in CFB.

While the topic of the thread is rather pointless, if you felt the need to come here and defend Saban with Franklin's record, you are simply a bitter fan.

I bet you some Bama fans are calling for his head this morning tho. That's what fans do. Same fans are probably getting ready to take their Roll Tide flags off the porch and finally hang up their Bulldogs banner. After all, the majority of their fan base is the types who cheer for a winner and have zero loyalty.
Which is exactly why the worst thing a football program can do is listen to the fans.

Which is exactly why the worst thing a football program can do is listen to the fans.

Not true. The fans are a group of data points within a large dataset. They in fact pay the bills.

The worst thing you can do is be narrow-minded.

Not true. The fans are a group of data points within a large dataset. They in fact pay the bills.

The worst thing you can do is be narrow-minded.
If a program listened to the fans, they’d have a different coach every other year and different coordinators every year. They’d also run out of QB’s because they would run out of backups who are better than the starters.

Reactions: LMTLION
What did he do in year 9?
Saban has losses to 2 top 10 teams right now by a total of...4 points I think
We have losses to 2 top 5 teams by a total of....a lot more points
Bama fans are livid right now but Saban's won titles before so he's not getting fired. He's arguably the best coach in college football history (again, arguably) so while Bama fans are mad they don't want him to be fired
They did some serious cherry picking of stats trying to compare Franklin to Saban.

By year 12 Saban had 1 national title and 3 conference titles. Franklin has 1 conference title in that time frame.

Over the next 15 years Franklin will need to appear in 10 national championship games, win 7 national titles, and win 10 more conference titles just to tie Saban.

They did some serious cherry picking of stats trying to compare Franklin to Saban.

By year 12 Saban had 1 national title and 3 conference titles. Franklin has 1 conference title in that time frame.

Over the next 15 years Franklin will need to appear in 10 national championship games, win 7 national titles, and win 10 more conference titles just to tie Saban.
It is a joke to have to do this analysis, like comparing the beauty traits of Sarah Jessica Parker to Blake Lively. Did we really need to do it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT