ADVERTISEMENT

Fitzgerald - Paterno

I thought the exact quote was “ make sure the horses are ready to run “.
Yeah, it was great and unexpected.

Reactions: green2623
If the Board of Directors hadn’t gone Three Mile Island on PSU, Fitz might have been JoePa’s successor.

PSU would have been the only job Fitz would have left NW for.....now, he will someday retire from NW.

If the Board of Directors hadn’t gone Three Mile Island on PSU, Fitz might have been JoePa’s successor.

PSU would have been the only job Fitz would have left NW for.....now, he will someday retire from NW.

I don't think he would have left for PSU regardless. Nor am I sure he would have been at the top of the list. If all that mess hadn't happened we would have had Mark Richt or someone like that. Or, in all honesty, if that old regime had stayed around we would have hired someone with strong ties to PSU like a former player or former assistant coach, or Bradley.

I don't think he would have left for PSU regardless. Nor am I sure he would have been at the top of the list. If all that mess hadn't happened we would have had Mark Richt or someone like that. Or, in all honesty, if that old regime had stayed around we would have hired someone with strong ties to PSU like a former player or former assistant coach, or Bradley.

Ya you gotta think Bradley would’ve gotten the job.

No the old guard (Garben)wanted to be like Boston College)can you imagine?

Cripes, enough with the "Mark Richt" crap. He wasn't that great at Georgia - one of the hottest recruiting areas in the country - and he's not exactly killing it at Miami. He would have lead PSU to sustained mediocrity.

No debate there. I just think he is the type that the old administration would have targeted - if they went outside of their PSU-only contact list, which I doubt.

Fitz wouldn't have left NU for PSU (as long as he received the financial support he wanted).

Plus, there was always more buzz about the UM job (which helped get Pat the handsome pay-hike).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT