ADVERTISEMENT

FSU / GA Tech game thread

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
So far GA Tech is holding up pretty well in Dublin in front of what seems like a mostly FSU crowd.

I'm hoping Tech can send the choppers flying home crying in their Irish beer!!

Tech just scored (I'm watching a little delayed due to lunch with the boss) to take the lead. Both teams look pretty good on offense. Too bad the defensive genius Duzzy and Pitt don't have to play either one of them in the new watered down ACC..........

Last edited:
So far GA Tech is holding up pretty well in Dublin in front of what seems like a mostly FSU crowd.

I'm hoping Tech can send the choppers flying home crying in their Irish beer!!

Tech just scored (I'm watching a little delays due to lunch with the boss) to take the lead. Both teams look pretty good on offense. Too bad the defensive genius Duzzy and Pitt don't have to play either one of them in the new watered down ACC..........
Gotta root for any team known as the Rambling Wrecks!

Reactions: brupsu
The takeaway from this game is that PSU better have its game face on and be ready to play when it steps on the field in Morgantown. Being a ten point favorite means little.
Except if you talk to Lando. We will win this game 100 out of 100 times. That is of course if we lose, than its our fault.

Reactions: bison13 and GSPMax
The takeaway from this game is that PSU better have its game face on and be ready to play when it steps on the field in Morgantown. Being a ten point favorite means little.
This game has nothing to do with our game.

Except if you talk to Lando. We will win this game 100 out of 100 times. That is of course if we lose, than its our fault.
Should*
And yes if we lose that's our fault. True of every game this year other than Ohio State

This game has nothing to do with our game.
From the perspective of being physically and psychologically prepared to play a team that is by most measures an inferior opponent, it has everything to do with preparing for our game.

From the perspective of being physically and psychologically prepared to play a team that is by most measures an inferior opponent, it has everything to do with preparing for our game.
It doesn't--at all. This is a FSU breaking in countless new starters including a player that's underachieved as a QB throughout his career opening a week early after traveling to Ireland to play a game. Anyone can beat anyone but FSU-Ga Tech has nothing in common with our game. Nothing at all.

It doesn't--at all. This is a FSU breaking in countless new starters including a player that's underachieved as a QB throughout his career opening a week early after traveling to Ireland to play a game. Anyone can beat anyone but FSU-Ga Tech has nothing in common with our game. Nothing at all.
Four people gave me a thumbs up on my original post. You seem to be the only one who doesn't get it.

Reactions: bison13
The start of teams projected to the playoff going down early. FSU will have to keep from another loss to feel good about getting into the playoff. Or at least get a big win combined with a close loss to a good team. Franklin said he was giving the team off today to watch football, so I hope they all took in the FSU game.....

Yes and his excuse if we don't is first WVU still is horrible and wouldn't be good unless they win the NC. The other thing is he will say we should have won. Meaning we are the favorite so we should have won. He should go to Vegas and just play big money on every favorite (straight up, no point spread). And when there is an upset? No worries. He just tells them they SHOULD HAVE WON so give me my money. Reality is not something he deals well with.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
He doesn’t want to ‘get it’. He is a contrarian that loves the attention. As long as he gets attention he will never ‘get it’.
I would much rather you all accept the expectation is for us to win next Saturday and if you're concerned about WVU that means you aren't accepting the expectations that surround us this year.

Goal posts moving.

Yes and his excuse if we don't is first WVU still is horrible and wouldn't be good unless they win the NC. The other thing is he will say we should have won. Meaning we are the favorite so we should have won. He should go to Vegas and just play big money on every favorite (straight up, no point spread). And when there is an upset? No worries. He just tells them they SHOULD HAVE WON so give me my money. Reality is not something he deals well with.
WVU has zero chance to win a NC.
I'm still waiting for you to tell me who their best win was last year?
And you still aren't reading as I've said about 800 times "upsets happen but that doesn't alter the expectation"
I bet on Ga Tech today (not money line) because of DJ U and his history.

Goal posts moving.
Goal posts have been in the same spot all along. From the other thread on 8/16. It goes all the way back to the beginning. Raise your expectations and you'll stop crying about that I'm right
Third toughest game on a very weak schedule.
FPI shows very clearly the gap between us and WVU is huge (look at the projected win total) and even the gap between Penn State and everyone after Texas is huge. A half-game gap is huge. We're more than 3 games over WVU and even more than a full game over Bama.
Penn State should win without much concern (doesn't mean the opponent won't hang around) in every game other than Ohio State and potentially USC--we'll see where USC is when we actually play them.

WVU has zero change to win a NC.
I'm still waiting for you to tell me who their best win was last year?
And you still aren't reading as I've said about 800 times "upsets happen but that doesn't alter the expectation"
I bet on Ga Tech today (not money line) because of DJ U and his history.
That's the lamest take.....
Upsets happen but that doesn't alter the expectation".

It is a captain obvious statement. Of course as an 8 point favorite or even 3 point favorite our expectation is to win. That is the definition of a point spread. One team "is expected" to beat another. No argument there.

The reason you are getting torched are comments like these....

"We should beat WVU 100 out of 100 times"

"This game is a layup"

Simply ignorant uninformed opinions.

And who cares who WVU beat last year or who we beat last year. I don't.

That's the lamest take.....
Upsets happen but that doesn't alter the expectation".

It is a captain obvious statement. Of course as an 8 point favorite or even 3 point favorite our expectation is to win. That is the definition of a point spread. One team "is expected" to beat another. No argument there.

The reason you are getting torched are comments like these....

"We should beat WVU 100 out of 100 times"

"This game is a layup"

Simply ignorant uninformed opinions.

And who cares who WVU beat last year or who we beat last year. I don't.
How is it "lame"?
It's not just about the spread--it's about statistical piece of evidence out there. Look at FPI
Yes, last year we would have beat WVU 100 times out of 100. Like OU would have. They weren't a good team.
You don't "care" because you know the answer proves my point--that the 8-4 record was smoke and mirrors and irrelevant. Just like Greene had one of the worst completion percentages of FBS starters last year but we're going to pretend he's terrifying and an elite QB
My opinions aren't ignorant or uninformed--you just don't want to accept that you can't actually make an argument.

How is it "lame"?
It's not just about the spread--it's about statistical piece of evidence out there. Look at FPI
Yes, last year we would have beat WVU 100 times out of 100. Like OU would have. They weren't a good team.
You don't "care" because you know the answer proves my point--that the 8-4 record was smoke and mirrors and irrelevant. Just like Greene had one of the worst completion percentages of FBS starters last year but we're going to pretend he's terrifying and an elite QB
My opinions aren't ignorant or uninformed--you just don't want to accept that you can't actually make an argument.
You can't make an argument because your assertions are not grounded in reality. You have no facts to back anything up, none. We would not have beaten them 100 out of 100. We never could beat them 100 out of 100. At 8-4 they were a decent team, not great not horrible. So no it proves nothing. Just because they only won 8 games in a mediocre conference does not translate to them losing 100 straight times to us.
Just doesn't. You are so extremist and idiotic. Think about how stupid that comment is. Ignorant. You're mad because you know you are wrong but don't want to accept it.

Reactions: GSPMax and bison13
You can't make an argument because your assertions are not grounded in reality. You have no facts to back anything up, none. We would not have beaten them 100 out of 100. We never could beat them 100 out of 100. At 8-4 they were a decent team, not great not horrible. So no it proves nothing. Just because they only won 8 games in a mediocre conference does not translate to them losing 100 straight times to us.
Just doesn't. You are so extremist and idiotic. Think about how stupid that comment is. Ignorant. You're mad because you know you are wrong but don't want to accept it.
It's not stupid. Watch them against us and OU. They dont have the talent to compete. 3 years ago when Franklin's team choked it would me a different story
I'm not mad at all. I've accepted you all haven't come to terms with Penn State being considered elite and you want to believe beating a team that used to be a big game in the 80s still matters. It's all it is.
If people on the Ohio State or Oregon board acting like our fan base about playing WVU they'd be laughed at but here it seen as a badge of honor or overrated teams and downplay our status. Again our expectation is 11 wins. WVU is just hoping to be bowl eligible in an even weaker Big XII.
Join me in 2024 please or just stop crying that I dont think it's 1986

I would much rather you all accept the expectation is for us to win next Saturday and if you're concerned about WVU that means you aren't accepting the expectations that surround us this year.

Who, on this board, has said they don't expect PSU to win (and show the actual statement you claim supports this)?

Oh, come on. Give yourself credit. Way more than 3 people hate you.
Oh for sure--just 3 of those 4
But don't worry--soon you'll all see bowls are meaningless--we just have to make a playoff first--then the rest will sink in

Again our expectation is 11 wins. WVU is just hoping to be bowl eligible in an even weaker Big XII.
"Our expectation"? Is that mouse in your pocket talking again?

At the risk of being called unrealistic, I expect to go undefeated in the regular season, as I have since I started following PSU football. You can lower your expectations but please don't translate that thinking to include all.

Today proves that you can expect the unexpected and not to believe all the predictions.

Heavy underdog Nevada up 17-10 on "supposed ACC dark horse contender" SMU. Figured we could drag this chatter into this thread.

CBSSN channel

Reactions: bison13
Heavy underdog Nevada up 17-10 on "supposed ACC dark horse contender" SMU. Figured we could drag this chatter into this thread.

CBSSN channel
The ACC is very, very weak IMO--same with the Big XII. That's the only part of the new playoff that sucks--they'll get byes for winning those conferences.

I opened this thread because I am trying to get people to stop. It’s sad to see so many threads ruined by you and those that respond.

Enough to make me dump my membership and find some other board with real content unpolluted by people with mental disorders.
Look at you being reduced to that level...

The ACC is very, very weak IMO--same with the Big XII. That's the only part of the new playoff that sucks--they'll get byes for winning those conferences.

Maintaining the bowl site tie ins is considerably worse. Every game should be at the high seed until the title game.

Green is the key keep a cork in that bottle .If you are going to spy on him who would do that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT