ADVERTISEMENT

Fun fact: The Next-To-Last Time We Played West Virginia...

psu skp

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2016
50 yard line after dark
..back in 1991, we beat them by a score of 51-6.

Our next-to-last game with Pitt, we beat them by a score of: 51-6.

Déja Vu all over again.

Difference is, I kinda miss our rivalry with the Mountaineers... will I miss the one with the Panthers?, well... after all their un-sportsman-like play on Saturday... not as much.

..back in 1991, we beat them by a score of 51-6.

Our next-to-last game with Pitt, we beat them by a score of: 51-6.

Déja Vu all over again.

Difference is, I kinda miss our rivalry with the Mountaineers... will I miss the one with the Panthers?, well... after all their un-sportsman-like play on Saturday... not as much.
While I see zero value in retaining a home and home series with Pitt, I think having some rotation of previous rivals like WVU, Temple, Syracuse, Pitt, and BC, and throw in a team in VA (UVA?) so that Alums down there have a home game. This would be one OOC game per year and then pay some sacrificial lamb to come to beaver stadium and schedule a power 5 team from another region of the country.

But we put 51 on you guys in 88,take that!
I was at that game...my brother was a WVU student at the time and I was still in high school. Major Harris was un-freakin-believable that day, and Joe pulled the team off the field before the clock hit 0:00....something about he was afraid that someone was going to get hurt from all the stuff that they were being pelted with. I remember him chewing out one of the police officers on the field as they were heading back to the locker room for not doing his job.

I would be OK if we cancelled this game, or at the least, not schedule any more games with WVU. When we used to play them, they had the worst behaved fans of any school by a pretty wide margin.

Believe me things aren't what they used to be in Motown.In the 70s and 80s fans were out of control down here. NOW we haven't even burnt a couch in like 5 years and oppents dont even mind coming to Mountaineer Field now.Sometimes I miss the Old days!
Well, there has to be a reason to burn a couch and there hasn’t been one in five years or so.

You are right WVU football is,was and always will be terrible!We're all toothless,illiterate,inbred,obese,poor,dirty,drunks down here!But we are a happy bunch.
I lived in WV for over 20 years, so I don’t trash WV people....but the football team hasn’t won many big games in the last five years.

I would be OK if we cancelled this game, or at the least, not schedule any more games with WVU. When we used to play them, they had the worst behaved fans of any school by a pretty wide margin.
That was my experience as well. Nobody else came close.

Shouldn't you be over on the Lair sucking off the 12 Pitt fans that are left on planet earth?
Can you say anything that's doesn't have vulgarity in it?I'm glad the majority of Wvu"s fanbase has better literary skills than you.

While I see zero value in retaining a home and home series with Pitt, I think having some rotation of previous rivals like WVU, Temple, Syracuse, Pitt, and BC, and throw in a team in VA (UVA?) so that Alums down there have a home game. This would be one OOC game per year and then pay some sacrificial lamb to come to beaver stadium and schedule a power 5 team from another region of the country.

UVA does still owe us a home game.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I was at that game...my brother was a WVU student at the time and I was still in high school. Major Harris was un-freakin-believable that day, and Joe pulled the team off the field before the clock hit 0:00....something about he was afraid that someone was going to get hurt from all the stuff that they were being pelted with. I remember him chewing out one of the police officers on the field as they were heading back to the locker room for not doing his job.
My father in law went to a lot of away games and he told me many times the best fans he ran into on the road were Alabama and the absolute worst were West Virginia. He said if we won in Morgantown, you literally took your life in your hands getting back to your transportation if you wore PSU gear.

Can you say anything that's doesn't have vulgarity in it?I'm glad the majority of Wvu"s fanbase has better literary skills than you.

What's that you were saying?

Stop masquerading as a WVU fan because you aren't one. You spend all day posting gibberish on Pitt's board and badmouth the state of West Virginia, the University and it's coaches every time you get a chance. Plus, you have never posted on WVU's board. And don't give me that "I post under another name" BS because nobody over there is a gutless, cuck like you. Don't ever call yourself a Mountaineer. Ever.

Well it's very difficult on the basketball team because of travel but doesn't effect football,except the fans.There are no natural rivalries but we have some great games,especially in basketball.I love the round robin in football and the home and home in basketball is great.The basketball is very competitive but noone can knock Kansas off the top of the Mountain.I miss going to away games at Pitt,Psu,Va Tech,Georgetown,Syracuse but it is what it is.The money is better than the Acc but I'd rather be there.Noone wanted us so the Big12 saved us.But like the Hamburgleeeeer said what do I know I'm just a retired public school teacher!

Have been to Morgantown a handful of times; old Mountaineer Field, new stadium first year in the mud and rain, couple other trips including the night game loss. Never a problem. Would go back in a heartbeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT