ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW: My comments on the Maryland win

Jerademan

Gold Member
Oct 7, 2019
1. It was a much needed win as watching this game, it appeared at times that we may have been heading into our 4th straight loss going into the Michigan game next week, I was thinking...NO, don't tell me we may lose 5 in a row 2 straight years?
2. Clifford and Jahan Dotson put on an aerial show, and was so pleased that Dotson became our highest single game receiver in Penn State history at 246 yards!
3. Our D played a good game again, but our secondary showed that they can be caught off guard on occasion. Overall, we played well.
4. Of the 3 featured RBs so far this season, I believe that Keyvonne Lee is the most consistant and should be the single featured RB against Michigan next week.
5. Franklin looked lost on the sidelines when the camera was on him and really isn't a good game day coach. Can someone please tell me why we called a Time Out with 3 seconds remaining before halftime, and then we come out with Clifford taking a knee?
6. I'm coming to a passive conclusion that if Franklin does bolt to USC or elsewhere at the end of this season, good luck and let's move on. It seems like his continuous game playing with the PSU Admin whenever a HC position opens up at another college is un-needed, as he can just negotiate at the end of each season if he sees fit. Keep the uncertainty away from the team, recruits the fans and most of all the media! Yes, we'd miss his recruiting skills, but somehow we'll be just fine.
7. Tagovailoa is a great QB who tends to get down on himself too much. He takes on more that he has to, but he'll be a very good NFL QB when his time comes.
8. I believe we will beat Michigan next week, but I don't like the 12 noon start. It takes away from the positive impact of a White-Out! We will be ready though and play to win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News