ADVERTISEMENT

Gained some respect for Narduzzi

He complained about a terrible call. Franklin does it too. Part of the business. You act like he's Brian Kelly

Link to Franklin throwing a tantrum?

Wasn't that VT the game where Pitt was mugging the VT receivers all day, which made Pat freaking out about it even more hilarious?

Reactions: BBrown
I came away feeling that Pitt was WAY undermanned at the O and D skill positions. I also came away feeling like Pitt had a great game plan on both O and D. we were inches away from a blowout, had McS had even his B game going (worst games he's played in Blue and White). But I felt Pitt was well coached and they never folded even when they had little chance to win (down 21 in the 4th Qter.).

Agree. They were well prepared but simply out-gunned. I'm not a Narduzzi apologist or anything, but I think the further he distances himself from his mentor, the better off he (and Pitt) will be.

If they hadn't spotted PSU 14 points, this game was essentially a coin flip. A couple breaks and PItt could have won. They in many respects outplayed PSU and, unlike last year, PSU didn't really take over in the 2nd half.

I think the final score was very misleading -- PSU got spotted 14 easy points and that was essentially the margin.

Shows the importance of getting some turnovers, the importance of winning the 1st quarter.

You could say the same thing in regards to PSU spotting Pitt points last year. Turnovers are part of the game and can't be taken back. Oklahoma turned over the ball last night in the first half and ended up winning the game.

His post game comments seemed respectful and sincere. He went out of his way to congratulate several PSU players. I wish (hope) the final 2 games can focus on football. JF's post game comment,while taken out of context to some degree ...IMO, well, it wasn't his best look.

He has much more to demonstrate to ever redeem his past behavior. Until then, eff that guy.

85-18-7, Oklahoma leads the all time series against Oklahoma State. Lobsided numbers are not a good argument for determining whether a series is a rivalry or not. Without researching I bet there's more examples like this too. Just say you don't want to play Pitt anymore and move on. There's no need to justify it.

His post game comments seemed respectful and sincere. He went out of his way to congratulate several PSU players. I wish (hope) the final 2 games can focus on football. JF's post game comment,while taken out of context to some degree ...IMO, well, it wasn't his best look.
He also implied Pitt could have won if they"hadnt made so many mistakes". Don't be fooled by Narduzzi.

Reactions: BBrown and m48tank
Man, some of you are like Steelers fans reminiscing about the 70's Super Bowls. In the last 18 years, we're 2-1 against you.

Hahahahahahah. Is that the way the yinzers are spinning it now? HahahahahahanHa.

Reactions: m48tank
85-18-7, Oklahoma leads the all time series against Oklahoma State. Lobsided numbers are not a good argument for determining whether a series is a rivalry or not. Without researching I bet there's more examples like this too. Just say you don't want to play Pitt anymore and move on. There's no need to justify it.

We've been saying it for years. We don't need to subsidize your program and owe you nothing. It benefits only Pitt and there is zero upside for PSU. Your inability to sustain a national identity (no 10 win seasons in 37 straight years, wow) isn't our problem. Call it a rivalry if that makes you feel better.

Beat the Cowboys and win out.

Good. Hang your hat on that for a year.

Guess you guys won't be getting to 10 wins; what is it now, 37 straight seasons? I'll be reminiscing about our Big10 title last year while enjoying our playoff run this year. Thanks for stopping by, happy self loathing on the Pitt board.

Who are you again?

Man, some of you are like Steelers fans reminiscing about the 70's Super Bowls. In the last 18 years, we're 2-1 against you.
Last week it was "we're 2-0 vs PSU over the last.....years." This week it's "we're 2-1". Next year "we're 2-2, so what"? How far you want to go back? In 27 years we're 10-2 I think.I know you guys like to go back to the 18th century to count your bogus 24 national championships. (Wasn't the 1st against Washington's Revolutionary Army?)

Bottom line is that we are coming out of a devastating sanction period. We survived and are getting stronger. See last years record and the past 3 years recruiting. Pitt failed to capitalize and is stagnant and in danger of decline. Your recruiting stinks. This year you could be looking at 5-7 OR WORSE.

Still want to spout off about 2-1 over last 18 years?????

Jeeze who cares about the three games in 18 years. It depends on when they play. Two of those seasons were some pretty down years. If they had played every year it would be 15-3.

Reactions: pandaczar12

I did some research for you, it only took a few minutes using excel. Here is something you need to remember to help feed the lair delusions... 105 years. Looking back, as you arbitrarily did over 18 years, at 105 years (1913) is the ONLY other time Pitt holds a series edge.

You should be very thankful that Pitt got that lucky win last year, because when PSU wins next you, Pitt will NEVER hold the advantage, since the 18 and 105 year edge is only 1 game. Then you will have to switch to beating your chest about having a tie record only twice looking back over 125 years!

Oh, and in case you forgot 33-14, game never in doubt.

Reactions: BBrown
If they hadn't spotted PSU 14 points, this game was essentially a coin flip. A couple breaks and PItt could have won. They in many respects outplayed PSU and, unlike last year, PSU didn't really take over in the 2nd half.

I think the final score was very misleading -- PSU got spotted 14 easy points and that was essentially the margin.

Shows the importance of getting some turnovers, the importance of winning the 1st quarter.
I guess I don't get that. Pitt never got close. And they never "spotted" PSU any points...we took the ball and rammed it home with our tight end. 14 zip before the 1st qtr was half over. They lost by 5 the rest of the way.

Wasn't it 28-3 at one point? If so, they were down 14 before the fans were even settled in their seats, and down 25 at one point before losing by 19.

I did not watch the whole game (company), but did Pitt ever get closer than 10 points?

Last edited:
I guess I don't get that. Pitt never got close. And they never "spotted" PSU any points...we took the ball and rammed it home with our tight end. 14 zip before the 1st qtr was half over. They lost by 5 the rest of the way.

Wasn't it 28-3 at one point? If so, they were down 14 before the fans were even settled in their seats, and down 25 at one point before losing by 19.

I did not watch the whole game (company), but did Pitt ever get closer than 10 points?

Only when it was 0-0 and 7-0

Reactions: demlion
Didn't say it was a rivalry. However,attendance seemed to reflect a bit of interest in the game.

We were ranked #4 in the country and playing the only other P5 school in the state on a beautiful Saturday in September. Of course that's going to equal a very high attendence.

We were ranked #4 in the country and playing the only other P5 school in the state on a beautiful Saturday in September. Of course that's going to equal a very high attendence.

Given how non-competitive the rivalry has been, with PSU winning 8 of the last 10... the novelty of this game would wear off very quickly if it was played every year.

Given how non-competitive the rivalry has been, with PSU winning 8 of the last 10... the novelty of this game would wear off very quickly if it was played every year.

I agree that the novelty factor was a big deal on Saturday. It will be interesting to see the crowd and the atmosphere in 2019.

It's purely anecdotal but I remember being in the parking lots before the last Pitt game at Beaver Stadium in 1999 and I was shocked at the number of people selling tickets. These weren't scalpers trying to make a buck they were ticket holders trying to unload them. I dont know if that will be the case in 2019 but it wouldn't surprise me at all that the crowd and the atmosphere for that game is much more on par with an Akron or an Indiana game that what we saw on Saturday.

He complained about a terrible call. Franklin does it too. Part of the business. You act like he's Brian Kelly

Link to Franklin throwing a tantrum?

Wasn't that VT the game where Pitt was mugging the VT receivers all day, which made Pat freaking out about it even more hilarious?

Someone else posted the VT video... here it is:

Still waiting for a link to Franklin throwing a tantrum. Also waiting for your thoughts on post #59 above, concerning Pitt only holding a winning record looking backwards at 18 years, and 105 years.

Unless the negative recruiting rumors are true, I don't get the animosity towards Narduzzi. And there is always a fine line between what is negative and what is competitive.

From a purely coaching perspective, N did a great job yesterday against a top contender. Stuck to his game plan and threatened PSU on home field to the very end. Good defensive schemes. Disrupted TM and kept ball away from SB as much as possible. I guarantee you Urb and Harb will use Nard's game plan as a template

It's a rivalry. Any doubt that it isn't was easily rebuked by CJF's clearly intentional comments yesterday.
Just because I think someone is an a-hole, doesn't make us rivals. We would have to be on even level...

Reactions: pandaczar12
Last week it was "we're 2-0 vs PSU over the last.....years." This week it's "we're 2-1". Next year "we're 2-2, so what"? How far you want to go back? In 27 years we're 10-2 I think.I know you guys like to go back to the 18th century to count your bogus 24 national championships. (Wasn't the 1st against Washington's Revolutionary Army?)

Bottom line is that we are coming out of a devastating sanction period. We survived and are getting stronger. See last years record and the past 3 years recruiting. Pitt failed to capitalize and is stagnant and in danger of decline. Your recruiting stinks. This year you could be looking at 5-7 OR WORSE.

Still want to spout off about 2-1 over last 18 years?????

For crying out loud, Penn State had a better record than pitt during the bogus sanction period. That plus 23-7-1 and 409 kills pitt athletic supporters. They can't win, and they know it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT