ADVERTISEMENT

Game 9: PSU @ Minnesota, TCF Stadium, Nov 9th, noon EST

They should skip Bama and LSU - when will they ever have another chance to do GameDay in Minnesota?! Guest pickers the Tapp Twins + Sarah Wilhite...

3a871a42d97c1535ba395aa149ac065e--bff-volleyball.jpg

Writing a letter to ESPN begging for Gameday on the same weekend that #1 Alabama and #2 LSU square off?

Oof.

I would say "act like you've been there before", but clearly they haven't.

Everything about PJ Fleck is gimmicky. The "row the boat", the ridiculous acronyms he creates, the groveling to ESPN. But, give the man credit. He's done a fantastic job this year.

I could understand Minnesota fans lobbying ESPN but the football program openly doing it is surprising. I know they'd like as much attention on their program as possible for recruiting purposes but getting caught up in hyping the game can distract from focusing on the game itself. So I hope they keep it up!!

Looks like Minny's D has been playing better the last couple of weeks. PSU should still win by 21 or more if they think they are a playoff team.

PSU has way to much talent to lose this game. Granted yes, any given Saturday...

Regardless, a very impressive run for Minnesota, but ends this week...

Looks like Minny's D has been playing better the last couple of weeks. PSU should still win by 21 or more if they think they are a playoff team.

Minny has been improving, that's for sure. Those first four games were pathetic........near-miss victories against complete crap competition.

And while they've been playing crappy teams as of late, at least they're handling their business.

I don't think anybody has any real idea what kind of team Minnesota has. The world will find out in two weeks.

I looked at the schedule and noticed the Iowa@Wisconsin game is also on Nov. 9th. The loser of that game will likely be out of serious contention in the west division race. Even though it won't help us win, it'll be nice to know every Hawkeye and Badger fan will be cheering for us. :)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27935690/college-football-power-rankings-week-9

College football Power Rankings for Week 9
Penn-State.jpeg

5. Penn State (8-0, 5-0 Big Ten)

i

The Nittany Lions completed the state of Michigan sweep. A week after taking down Michigan at home, Penn State went on the road to smother Michigan State 28-7. The Nittany Lions are 37-7 dating to the first week of October 2016, and remain right in the middle of the College Football Playoff equation. Penn State has held seven of its eight opponents to 13 or fewer points, and Sean Clifford is quietly putting together one of the more underrated seasons for a quarterback in college football. He completed 18 passes Saturday, but four of them went for touchdowns.

3 point wins over Fresno St and Georgia Southern... say no more. We are comin, to your citay!!!

This will be Minnesota's super bowl and it won't be ours. And that is always concerning.

But - looking at their schedule - how could anybody have any idea of how good they are? A lot of teams could get to 8-0 with that lineup. I would say there are at least 30 teams that could start 8-0 with that.

Reactions: ftlpsu
This will be Minnesota's super bowl and it won't be ours. And that is always concerning.

But - looking at their schedule - how could anybody have any idea of how good they are? A lot of teams could get to 8-0 with that lineup. I would say there are at least 30 teams that could start 8-0 with that.
The best defense they played against was.......

Georgia Southern. The best big ten defense they played against was Nebraska ranked 72nd in the country.

Last edited:
Aren’t we kind of using a double standard here? Posters go ballistic about the we haven’t played anyone nonsense when it’s applied to us. Yet here we are doing the same to Minnesota. I don’t give a damn who they played their 8 and 0, which means they’ve figured out how to win.

Aren’t we kind of using a double standard here? Posters go ballistic about the we haven’t played anyone nonsense when it’s applied to us. Yet here we are doing the same to Minnesota. I don’t give a damn who they played their 8 and 0, which means they’ve figured out how to win.

C'mon. Even Narduzzi might go 6-2 against those duds.

Reactions: JJTopp99
They had close games early on but seem to have turned a corner lately blowing out teams. The PSU game will absolutely be their biggest home game in a long time (although tickets are still available if anyone wants to head to Minneapolis).

PSU should win but I think this will be closer than some think.

"Minnesota ain't played nobody, Paawwwwwwlllll."

Reactions: ralphster
PSU has way to much talent to lose this game. Granted yes, any given Saturday...

Regardless, a very impressive run for Minnesota, but ends this week...
Minnesota has a good group of RBs and WRs and their QB is good. Look, they are 8-0, so they are not to be taken lightly. A loss to them could submarine as stellar season thus far for PSU.

They had close games early on but seem to have turned a corner lately blowing out teams. The PSU game will absolutely be their biggest home game in a long time (although tickets are still available if anyone wants to head to Minneapolis).

PSU should win but I think this will be closer than some think.

they racked up big wins against the worst teams in the Big Ten. Let’s see how they play when they get punched in the mouth. (Figuratively speaking of course)

True.

they racked up big wins against the worst teams in the Big Ten. Let’s see how they play when they get punched in the mouth. (Figuratively speaking of course)

I agree. I’d be more dismissive of them if they were squeaking by the worst in the big ten but they crushed teams they should have in the back half of the season. It will be interesting to see how the game plays out.

Minny is just like Clemson. They might be better than the New England Patriots or they might be mediocre. There is no way to know since they haven't played a quality opponent.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Don’t worry, Wanny hasMinny to win I’m sure....PSU in upset alert.

Last edited:
I was sitting in the north deck for that game (the end where that crazy, back-on-the-ground catch was made on a 4th and long, allowing Mason and Gophers to bleed the clock down for that game-winning FG). The Nystrom family was tailgating a few cars down from our tailgate that day. That was a long, long ride back home. ;-)

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
I was sitting in the north deck for that game (the end where that crazy, back-on-the-ground catch was made on a 4th and long, allowing Mason and Gophers to bleed the clock down for that game-winning FG). The Nystrom family was tailgating a few cars down from our tailgate that day. That was a long, long ride back home. ;-)

Quietest I have ever heard Beaver Stadium. Just stunned silence.

I agree. I’d be more dismissive of them if they were squeaking by the worst in the big ten but they crushed teams they should have in the back half of the season. It will be interesting to see how the game plays out.
Frankly, I think it's a good thing they're 8-0 and ranked 13th. Does it give them more confidence? Sure. But it also makes sure we won't take them for granted. There's nothing to "trap" us with here....next up is Indiana at home, so Minnesota will have our full attention. I think we're clearly a better team so it's really a matter of whether we execute and limit our mistakes (and dumb unsportsmanlike penalties!)

Reactions: psu00 and ftlpsu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT