ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State set to take on Michigan State

So quiet now...

Lonely Where Are You GIF by Travis

Don't look now but if PSU doesn't score points on this drive they will lose this game. Both sides are looking for the other to do something and I think it has to be the O tonight. Second half D just sucking a$$ for some reason.

That should be the game. Penn State picks off Thorne before Sean Clifford finds KeAndre Lambert-Smith to make it a 34-16 game.
so much for establishing a run game. Passing has been open....we wait til 5 minutes left in the game to open up the offense

Reactions: NCLION
What’s crazy is for someone who says these games don’t matter you seem REALLY invested in them.
How am I invested? Flipping between this and Oregon/Oregon State and now Pens/Leafs
I'm just not naïve and comprehend the game. How many times have you watched Michigan State play this year?

BTW, on PSU's prior TD to this one - the announcers tried to claim that they called the PI on the play where MSU was obviously offsides and PSU had a free play (the PI was blatantly obvious as well). But again, the FOX announcers were full of shit - they tried to claim the b1g clowns called both and PSU took the PI, but that is not the case - the b1g clowns only called the Defensive Offsides and ignored the blatant PI. Proof is in the boxscore - it reflects a 5 yard Offsides penalty which is what we were given (had the PI been called - it was in the endzone and it would have been PSU 1st-&-goal at the 2 as the penalty occurred in the endzone).

BTW, on PSU's prior TD to this one - the announcers tried to claim that they called the PI on the play where MSU was obviously offsides and PSU had a free play (the PI was blatantly obvious as well). But again, the FOX announcers were full of shit - they tried to claim the b1g clowns called both and PSU took the PI, but that is not the case - the b1g clowns only called the Defensive Offsides and ignored the blatant PI. Proof is in the boxscore - it reflects a 5 yard Offsides penalty which is what we were given (had the PI been called - it was in the endzone and it would have been PSU 1st-&-goal at the 2 as the penalty occurred in the endzone).
We're up 19 and you're still bitching

Reactions: Hotshoe
Very nice, solid 10 win season--congrats to the kids
Looking forward to Allar and the youngsters in 2023

Let’s hope we can flip Rodney Gallagher we can use him. He should see oppurtunity

Reactions: NCLION
A win is a win. An undermanned Sparty hung around and made the game tight until mid-4th qtr.
The fact the won out after their season was for all real reasons over after Ohio State means they get a lot of credit.

Somehow this team can take a 19 point win and turn it into an aggravating experience. Oh well. It’s a W.

Abdul Carter, Nicholas Singleton, Kaytron Allen, Drew Allar…the future remains bright as the Sun!

Last edited:
Reactions: royboy
Between Clemson and Oregon losing it looks pretty good for PSU to get a NY6 bowl...

Wow. That was an extremely risky call. Fortunately MSU was not prepared for it. Just 3 out there and we were fortunate not to blow an open field block.
I think we were fortunate to not get called for holding
Where are all the "fans" that thought we weren't going to win a minute ago?
I never said we weren't going to win. I said we could easily lose that game. And we could have. It's a good thing we have that Defense, because Sean's numbers looked good, but that should never have been a competitive game.

The drive after MSU made it 21-16 -- we took it straight down the field passing the ball on 1st down. After the first half, MSU loaded the box outnumbering our run blockers but were taking huge risks in secondary the entire 2nd half. Why we waited until midway through the 4th to begin taking what they were giving us (huge chunk plays in passing game) is quite beyond me. They continued to give us the passing game on the next score.....

Why we waited so long to punish them for the risks they were taking is a bit baffling - it was there the entire second half.

ADVERTISEMENT