ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin Teasdale at PA States Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Gavin is competing in Class AA @ 126 in the PIAA States. I'm setting this thread up to follow his results over the 3 days of States. Please discuss his performance at States in this thread. Also, feel free to update the results over the course of States.

- in R1, he had a bye
- in R2, he TFed Avery Bassett (Midd-West, NE-4), 16-0, at 2:08

- in R3 (quarters), he'll face Kenneth Kiser (Saegertown, NW-2) -- the match will take place on Friday.

- in R3 (quarters), he decisioned Kenneth Kiser (Saegertown, NW-2), 11-4
- in R4 (semis), he'll take on A.J. Burkhart (Athens, NE-1)

A guy he teched in the 2nd period last year.
Could be the other guy improved a lot it happens, Teasdale could have been on cruise control, get the win, or maybe a combination of both. Don't know, did not see the match.

Anyway, he is coming to PSU and we will see how he is either in the starting lineup or the open circuit.

I watched the match. Admittedly, Im probably over analyzing but he has the feel of guy with a lot of weight on his shoulders.

2 cautions in the match. a stall call for hanging on the legs and another that wasnt called because the kid went OB.

gave up his ankles too easy.

hard to be critical of a match where he won handily, but that is just what I walked away from it thinking to myself.

I think this whole season has been a big stress on him, but what do I know.

I watched the match. Admittedly, Im probably over analyzing but he has the feel of guy with a lot of weight on his shoulders.

2 cautions in the match. a stall call for hanging on the legs and another that wasnt called because the kid went OB.

hard to be critical of a match where he won handily, but that is just what I walked away from it thinking to myself.

To much wrestling this year and not enough dodge ball, That will change next year;) I actually felt the same way you did about the ankles, he is showing some cracks in the armor but the kid has been such a beast for a long time. I have enjoyed watching him over the last few years and am glad he is coming to the Good guys!! Cael will figure it out and he will have a huge impact on our lower weights.

Ruth won 17-5 in the quarters

AH....MAN......I recorded the match and now you ruined it for me. This is a Teasdale Thread. WHY would you post other scores on here? This practice was thoroughly discussed before on here. Ad nauseam I might add . I am going to watch it anyway........but just wanted you to know how cross and flummoxed I am with you. Tee Hee Chortle Chortle

AH....MAN......I recorded the match and now you ruined it for me. This is a Teasdale Thread. WHY would you post other scores on here? This practice was thoroughly discussed before on here. Ad nauseam I might add . I am going to watch it anyway........but just wanted you to know how cross and flummoxed I am with you. Tee Hee Chortle Chortle

Ranger, Danger! LOL.

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a video stream for the semi's tonight? My cable is out of Allentown, and I think they only televise the finals.

the semis in a wrestling tournament are my favorite. really juiced for tonight and tomorrow morning will be nuts for me.

AA starts here in a few minutes.

Teasdale 14-5 win in the semis over NE Regional champ AJ Burkhart (Athens).

Will get SE Regional champ Josh Jones (Saucon Valley) in the finals. Jones is 36-2, #2 in the state.

Reactions: Maddog and pish69
the semis in a wrestling tournament are my favorite. really juiced for tonight and tomorrow morning will be nuts for me.

AA starts here in a few minutes.
dunk, what is your take on Jaret Lane of Southern Columbia as a college prospect?

How soon could he get into the lineup at Lehigh?

Could it be Teasdale is cutting too much and should be up a higher weight ? I think he will do great in college

dunk, what is your take on Jaret Lane of Southern Columbia as a college prospect?

How soon could he get into the lineup at Lehigh?
Not Dunk (duh!) but I think he needs a shirt year to get up to 125. Then he'll have to compete with Matt Parker and Brandon Paetzell for 3 years (though one will probably go 133).

I don't see him as a guy who busts down the door in his RS FR year. He'll probably have to wait at least a year behind Paetzell, and behind Parker until weight change or graduation.

I think he's a better prospect than Lehigh's other lightweights (Burkett, Lobeck, Farro), though they have a head start on him.

Long term, I think he's a borderline AA at best. If he can break through, it's because he's so good on top. But there are so many lightweights coming behind him (McHenry, Decatur, etc.), not sure attrition will help him much.

Reactions: royboy
- in R4 (semis), he majored A.J. Burkhart (Athens, NE-1), 14-5
- in R5 (finals), he'll face Joshua Jones (Saucon Valley, SE-1)

"A guy he teched in the 2nd period last year." I was sitting beside a guy like that at the Dream Team Classic two years ago. After Hall won his match via MD, the guy turned to me and said, "big deal, a major decision." Mark's turned out okay. Come to think of it, so has the loser, Alex Marinelli.

I know Gulibon AA'd for us...but I'm hoping Teasdale far surpasses that as an accomplishment. Cael needs to tell him to have fun. :D

Had too, otherwise we’ll need more

Lost to Rea at 132
3-2 win over Comacho at 132

It's something else. You'd have to favor Busiello at this point. If Teasdale decides to wrestle Glory, I'm not sure he's within 4.

I'd almost hope he was injured. It would almost explain his bizarre tournament entries/withdrawals last offseason. I just don't feel like that's the case.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT