ADVERTISEMENT

High School Wrestling Thread

I think it’s sort of hard to draw that conclusion. Yeah the numbers show that on the surface, but Catholic schools like ND, BM and Faith operate outside of the bounds which we would normally consider AA. Sure you can say the same about BECA,
But they also voluntarily went up a while back.
Also the AAA vs AA question was never about the nationally ranked guys. It was always about the guys who finish outside the top 3-4 at states.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
I agree El-
AAA will always have the depth based on numbers alone. The Average AAA team has 30 plus and AA struggle to fill the 13 weights.

I agree El-
AAA will always have the depth based on numbers alone. The Average AAA team has 30 plus and AA struggle to fill the 13 weights.
Not really difficult math considering most AA schools graduate about 50-125 kids, and AAA can graduate up to like 700+

I don't remember Darkus transfer??I thought he was at Iowa State his whole career??
He was. Conewago posted that he thought after losing to Davis that Darkus had transfered to Okie St. He didn't, just as you remember. He was a 2 time finalist, 1 time champ, 2 years apart and always as an ISU Cyclone.

Howard Nichols did well dipping into the late 1970s Erie talent pool.

He was. Conewago posted that he thought after losing to Davis that Darkus had transfered to Okie St. He didn't, just as you remember. He was a 2 time finalist, 1 time champ, 2 years apart and always as an ISU Cyclone.

Howard Nichols did well dipping into the late 1970s Erie talent pool.
It was a mistake I made because I saw another video about an "Iowa vs Oklahoma State" dual meet with Darkus but the "Iowa" they mentioned was actually Iowa State

Reactions: nitlion6
It was a mistake I made because I saw another video about an "Iowa vs Oklahoma State" dual meet with Darkus but the "Iowa" they mentioned was actually Iowa State
Not a biggie.
Great wrestler. Well liked. His answer to the question of why not Penn State was "I want to be a national champ, and if you want to be a national champ you go to Iowa."

He's such a nice guy. His daughter is a top level gymnast and we are trying to get him moved back to the States from Peru so that she can have better training opportunities.
How old is the daughter? Kevin is 60 or 61?

yep, I was wrestling at that time and remember watching him and Carr during that period... Glad he was a bit lighter than me :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT