ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits postseason is underway

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
Our guys in the PIAA postaseason:

Mason Gibson (133, Bishop McCort SR, 36-5): D6 AA BRACKETS
Gibson is somehow the 3-seed at Districts. He will very likely face Penns Valley SR Colten Shunk (24-6) in the finals. Shunk is a familiar name, an M2 guy and I think is uncommitted, but he's probably coming our way too. Gibson will likely bonus his way thru Districts.

Brock Weiss (139, Jersey Shore SR, 24-0): D4/9 AAA BRACKETS
Weiss is somehow the 2 seed at Districts behind DuBois SR Davey Aughenbaugh (32-8). Weiss should bonus his way thru Districts.

Dalton Perry (139, Central Mountain JR, 27-2): D6 AAA BRACKETS
Perry is rightly the 1 seed. This is a horrible bracket -- only 1 other wrestler with a winning record, and that guy is 13-11. Perry should pin his way thru this field.

Note, Perry and Weiss will both be in the NW AAA Regional next weekend.

Ty Watson (152, Penns Valley SR, 27-3): D6 AA BRACKETS
Watson is the 3 seed in a top-heavy bracket. He will likely face 2x regional champ Trent Hoover (Penn Cambria SR, 34-3) in the semis. Win that and he gets McCort freshman Melvin Miller (45-3) in the finals. Either way, he should advance to SW AA regionals next weekend.

Asher Cunningham (160, State College JR, 28-1): D6 AAA BRACKETS
Cunningham is the 1 seed, and ranked #1 in the state. There are 2 decent wrestlers in the bottom half, but neither will threaten him.

Also of note:

Jax Forrest (127, Bishop McCort SO, 42-1): D6 AA BRACKETS
Forrest got the 1 seed and will cruise to the finals, where he'll meet BEA SR Lucas Fye (32-5). Fye has placed 5th at states the past 2 years, but is no match for Forrest.

Bo Bassett (139, Bishop McCort SO, 44-0): D6 AA BRACKETS
Bassett hilariously got the 2 seed behind P-O SR Marcus Gable (35-3), who DNP at states as a freshman and was regional 8th the last 2 years. Hot knife thru butter this weekend.

Others this weekend:

Joe Sealy, Luke Lilledahl, and Nate Desmond
PAISWT, National Prep Qualifier this Weekend 2/16-17
Pennsylvania Independent Schools Wrestling Tournament
From Wyoming Seminary, PA

William Henckel
NJ/NY National Prep School Qualifier, Saturday
He will be going at 175
Junior from Blair Academy, NJ

Cole Mirasola
WIAA D1 Sectionals DII, Saturday
285 Champion at WIAA D1 Regionals DII, 2/10
Senior from West Bend West HS, WI

Connor Mirasola
WIAA D1 Sectionals DII, Saturday
190 Champion at WIAA D1 Regionals DII, 2/10
Senior from West Bend West HS, WI

@El-Jefe is our Todd Conner 😏
Looney Tunes Fight GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Gibson is somehow the 3-seed at Districts. He will very likely face Penns Valley SR Colten Shunk (24-6) in the finals. Shunk is a familiar name, an M2 guy and I think is uncommitted, but he's probably coming our way too. Gibson will likely bonus his way thru Districts.

Weiss is somehow the 2 seed at Districts behind DuBois SR Davey Aughenbaugh (32-8). Weiss should bonus his way thru Districts.

Perry is rightly the 1 seed. This is a horrible bracket -- only 1 other wrestler with a winning record, and that guy is 13-11. Perry should pin his way thru this field.

Watson is the 3 seed in a top-heavy bracket. He will likely face 2x regional champ Trent Hoover (Penn Cambria SR, 34-3) in the semis. Win that and he gets McCort freshman Melvin Miller (45-3) in the finals. Either way, he should advance to SW AA regionals next weekend.

Cunningham is the 1 seed, and ranked #1 in the state. There are 2 decent wrestlers in the bottom half, but neither will threaten him.
This is amazing. Thanks for doing this. Let’s go Guys

BTW, need someone else to post updates thru next weekend.

Am going on vacation tomorrow. Will check in periodically but not tracking closely.

Fingers crossed for no significant delays at PHL airport with the overnight snow. As-is we're landing in Las Vegas after dinner tomorrow night, going to see U2 at The Sphere on Sunday.

Am going on vacation tomorrow. Will check in periodically but not tracking closely.

Fingers crossed for no significant delays at PHL airport with the overnight snow. As-is we're landing in Las Vegas after dinner tomorrow night, going to see U2 at The Sphere on Sunday.
We'll have to get by with or without you.

Taking me back again. Saw U2 for the first time on 3/18/82 at The Ritz (now Webster Hall), a day after seeing the lads on 5th Avenue in NYC during the St. Patrick's Day parade. Some show! Within a year, they were playing arenas. Saw them progressively at The Palladium, Pier 84 and Brendan Byrne within a year of the first show.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Taking me back again. Saw U2 for the first time on 3/18/82 at The Ritz (now Webster Hall), a day after seeing the lads on 5th Avenue in NYC during the St. Patrick's Day parade. Some show! Within a year, they were playing arenas. Saw them progressively at The Palladium, Pier 84 and Brendan Byrne within a year of the first show.
I saw so many great shows at the Ritz in the 80s. Everything but the Girl, 10,000 Maniacs, The Go Betweens, The Blow Monkeys, and so many more. Any chance you were at the Beacon Theater for The Smiths first US tour or the World for Frankie Goes to Hollywood’s first US show?

Saw them in Philadelphia Oct 16 ,2005. Great show. They were still doing tribute for 911 victims with names on a roll call with towers silloette. Bono made it more than a concert. The following night Springsteen did a couple of encore songs with them.

Saw them in Philadelphia Oct 16 ,2005. Great show. They were still doing tribute for 911 victims with names on a roll call with towers silloette. Bono made it more than a concert. The following night Springsteen did a couple of encore songs with them.
My wife and I saw them Sept 25 1987 in Philly for the Joshua Tour and Bruce came on to sing a song with them. Then we saw the Joshua Tree anniversary show in Pittsburg in 2017, both great shows.

I saw U2 in 1992 at HersheyPark Stadium. The band rented the stadium for a week of practice before beginning their outdoor tour and on the last day they put on a benefit concert where all proceeds went to charity.

I saw so many great shows at the Ritz in the 80s. Everything but the Girl, 10,000 Maniacs, The Go Betweens, The Blow Monkeys, and so many more. Any chance you were at the Beacon Theater for The Smiths first US tour or the World for Frankie Goes to Hollywood’s first US show?
Saw Frankie in the HUB lawn (1980?). Seems like it was either a Gentle Thursday or Movin On.

I saw U2 in 1992 at HersheyPark Stadium. The band rented the stadium for a week of practice before beginning their outdoor tour and on the last day they put on a benefit concert where all proceeds went to charity.
was there with you. Had great seats like row 10. back then you had to call on the phone, go to the ticket office or go to Boscov's for Ticketmaster(?). Was listening to WTPA (coffee and the Jammer) and they said call this number now. Got in on second try. :)

Reactions: mcpat and Agoodnap

Colton Shunk is the younger brother of Baylor Shunk

was there with you. Had great seats like row 10. back then you had to call on the phone, go to the ticket office or go to Boscov's for Ticketmaster(?). Was listening to WTPA (coffee and the Jammer) and they said call this number now. Got in on second try. :)
One of my wife's best neighborhood friends was Director of Marketing for HERCO (Hershey Entertainment and Resort Company) at the time. We just walked up and he let us in.

If I recall correctly, the concert wasn't confirmed until the day before.

Reactions: mcpat

Any reason known as to why Weiss and Bassett were not #1 seeds? Seems crazy that Weiss was #2 seed to a guy that had 8 losses.

I was there. They announced the concert late and I took off work (summer job) to go to Boscov’s (Ticketmaster outlet) to get a bunch of tickets for my buddies and I. We were on the infield, just a few rows back from the stage. But how times have changed with the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agoodnap
We were there too, I have an in with the sound company so we were somewhere in the first rows. I forget exactly which row but I know it wasn't the first row since those seats always make you crane your neck. I think anything from 5-10 are perfect.

My wife and I saw them Sept 25 1987 in Philly for the Joshua Tour and Bruce came on to sing a song with them. Then we saw the Joshua Tree anniversary show in Pittsburg in 2017, both great shows.
Have seen U2 seven times, First time for Unforgetable Fire tour in 1984 at Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Saw them in 1987 for Joshua Tree tour at Three Rivers, and for Joshua Tree anniversary tour at Heinz Field in 2017. Would love to see the at Sphere. Going to Vegas in October after USC FB game, unfortunately residency will be long over by then.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
I didn’t realize NY allows more than one contestant per school, per weight class. For this bracket, the #17 and #18 are from the same high schoool.
Speaking about above situation. In PA has a any wrestler competed in states that was "home schooled". ? I would think that might be a work around on transfer rules?
Just wondering?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT