Of note:
- 121: Desmond 1
- 127: Forrest 1
- 133: Gibson 3
- 139: Bassett 1
- 152: Miller 2
- 160: Cunningham 3

Notes on the brackets:
- 121 is a tough weight when PA state champ/2x finalist Gill is the 5 seed.
- Bassett gets Shaw in the semis and Simcox in the finals. PA state champ/2x finalist Hornack is the 7.
- Cunningham gets Magro in the quarters, Catrabone in the semis, and Perentin in the finals. Brutal weight. Sipes is the 5, and PA state champ Evanitsky is unseeded.
- 215: Johnson vs Lawrence in the semis (likely PA AA state finals preview), winner gets Correa.

Last edited:
I went to the finals last year, a few notes:

- Bassett teched Gill, 25-9, at 114. Bassett up several weight classes
- Forrest beat our Lilledahl 3-1 at 121
- No Wyoming Seminary this year, so no Lilledahl or Joe Sealey

Gill v Sledzianowski coming up in R16. I’m intrigued. At 121, Music a freshman from McDevit and PJW champ upsets #7 seed in fashion. 133 - watch out for Velma from Connellsville, will wrestle #5 seed and UVA commit next

Reactions: danoftw
I am assuming Sealy and Lilledahl are taking a rest from Seniors.

Does anyone have any information on Hayden Cunningham? Seen he wrestled the Clarion Open this year at 33? But there is no information anywhere that I can find on where he is currently, intentions, plans, nothing.

Does anyone have any information on Hayden Cunningham? Seen he wrestled the Clarion Open this year at 33? But there is no information anywhere that I can find on where he is currently, intentions, plans, nothing.
Class of 2023. He's not on the PSU roster, not sure why, maybe grayshirting?

Class of 2023. He's not on the PSU roster, not sure why, maybe grayshirting?
That is kind of what I was assuming, but there was nothing I could find on him even committing to PSU. You can find Asher's commitment, but again, nothing on Hayden. I figured if he was in a grayshirt year, we would have seen him at a few more opens.

That is kind of what I was assuming, but there was nothing I could find on him even committing to PSU. You can find Asher's commitment, but again, nothing on Hayden. I figured if he was in a grayshirt year, we would have seen him at a few more opens.
He's enrolled at PSU, though I don't know if he's full-time or not. (He can grayshirt while on a limited class schedule, or be enrolled from taking college courses while in HS and still grayshirt.)

I couldn't find his commitment either. Only thing I could find was Nate Cobler's preseason write-up of Centre County HS teams, where he said Asher was following Hayden to PSU.

Reactions: Junglekitty

SIAP….Sealey wrestled last Friday in Stillwater at HOF Duals. He was limping around and defaulted after his first match against Blackwell OK dual.

Last edited:
He's enrolled at PSU, though I don't know if he's full-time or not. (He can grayshirt while on a limited class schedule, or be enrolled from taking college courses while in HS and still grayshirt.)

I couldn't find his commitment either. Only thing I could find was Nate Cobler's preseason write-up of Centre County HS teams, where he said Asher was following Hayden to PSU.

Here was his commitment announcement from 6/20/2023:

Reactions: danoftw
I can't seem to find the results from the Jr Powerade or Clearfield Jr High tourney... thought I saw Teague Sanderson in one of those? Prob need to spend some more time searching flow....

Cunningham gets a few generous calls in the finals to win 6-4. He's one of these guys who hangs on in every position in such a way that the ref doesn't know who's in control, if anyone.

Reactions: kingslayer_85
Powerade Recruit Recap

121lbs #1 Nathan Desmond

R-32: N.Desmond FALL L.DeSantis (1:04)
R-16: N.Desmond FALL D.Canali (5:55)
QF: N.Desmond FAL J.Calvin (0:57)
SF: N.Desmond DEC L.Gill 5-0
Finals: N.Desmond DEC K.Brown 5-0
#1 Nathan Desmond takes 1st Place

133lbs #3 Mason Gibson

R-32: M.Gibson MD J.Whitbred 20-11
R-16: M.Gibson DEC M.Weyant 16-9
QF: M.Gibson FALL H.Hohman (2:21)
SF: M.Botello DEC M.Gibson 5-1
C8: M.Gibson DEC C.Quenault 3-1
3rd Place:C.Baum DEC M.Gibson 3-1
#3 Mason Gibson takes 4th Place

160lbs #2 Asher Cunningham

R-32: A.Cunningham FALL N.Puskar (1:16)
R-16: A.Cunningham DEC D.Sumpolec 5-0
QF: A.Cunningham FALL A.Evanistky (3:44)
SF: A.Cunningham DEC L.Fowler 6-0
Finals: A.Cunningham DEC A.Perentin 6-4
#2 Asher Cunningham takes 1st Place

Disappointed that Bainey lost 4-2 to Plinski and has to settle for 3rd at Trojan Wars. Just can't seem to clear the last hurdle and very little hope of PIAA gold considering both Harer and the other kid have both majored Plinski.

Damn.

Disappointed that Bainey lost 4-2 to Plinski and has to settle for 3rd at Trojan Wars. Just can't seem to clear the last hurdle and very little hope of PIAA gold considering both Harer and the other kid have both majored Plinski.

Damn.
He's at the same weight as Botero. This match probably didn't change his likelihood of winning states.

Reactions: District four
He's at the same weight as Botero. This match probably didn't change his likelihood of winning states.
Botero is actually ranked 3rd behind Herar and the other kid and WHY THE HELL can't I recall his name 😂? Anyways Landon is that kind of wrestler who needs to see a kid once or twice before he figures out how to beat him... nothing wrong with that but it makes championships hard to win. His road is blocked either way, because Forrest is there at 127 and that's unwinnable at this point in their careers. But I think he can at least get to the final at 27, but at 21 I doubt he goes anywhere farther than 5th.

Botero is actually ranked 3rd behind Herar and the other kid and WHY THE HELL can't I recall his name 😂? Anyways Landon is that kind of wrestler who needs to see a kid once or twice before he figures out how to beat him... nothing wrong with that but it makes championships hard to win. His road is blocked either way, because Forrest is there at 127 and that's unwinnable at this point in their careers. But I think he can at least get to the final at 27, but at 21 I doubt he goes anywhere farther than 5th.
Spencer Lee says hello

Harer is winning a title this year. He won’t have Botero. Brandt is pinning everyone in seconds.

Aaron Seidel, who is the only guy at the weight who could be legitimately be ranked ahead of Botero. Bainey isn't making the finals with those 2 at the same weight -- and possibly doesn't make the semis depending on his draw. (Seidel and Botero are in the same Regional -- one of them could get Bainey in the quarters.)

I disbelieve any ranking that has Botero behind Harer. Botero beat him 5-1 at states last year. Also Harer is up to 133 this year.

Aaron Seidel, who is the only guy at the weight who could be legitimately be ranked ahead of Botero. Bainey isn't making the finals with those 2 at the same weight -- and possibly doesn't make the semis depending on his draw. (Seidel and Botero are in the same Regional -- one of them could get Bainey in the quarters.)

I disbelieve any ranking that has Botero behind Harer. Botero beat him 5-1 at states last year. Also Harer is up to 133 this year.
Right, Seidel. I'm remembering that name now 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT