ADVERTISEMENT

High School Wrestling Thread

Not saying i agree with not being able to transfer schools. But that is what the rules are, and when you try to push your luck transferring, you risk losing a season.

I mean even the most anti-PIAA people can hopefully see if you completely open borders, you are going to really skew the competitive playing field. You will build super-teams, and I promise you it will be the demise of the sport. Whether or not you all admit it, wrestling still survives on the local aspect of kids competing, and the local rivalry duals like in D11. The same people that want to allow open borders, are the same ones that complain about the NIL deals ruining college sports because the 'rich will become richer'.
The super teams are already here. The threat would be the formation of tier 2 and 3 teams leaving the rest as novice level. I would question how many crazies exist, obviously the year round wrestlers would transfer no problem but for the multi sport athletes they would likely stay put either out of school pride or they like the football program or baseball program. Wrestling isn't the only focus for multisport athletes and D1 scholarships aren't being floated to them.

Reactions: wrestlingmind
So Brock, is it 'low to compare you to Pat Mineo', or do you like him now? You have to be the most unbalanced, emotionally unstable person I've met on here. You literally change your opinions (which are always wrong) about every-other post.

I'm just surprised you didn't start off with 'I heard at M2'......or 'rumor has it'. I know we are in for a good time when you come in hot like that, lol.
You literally run a Twitter burner based off my name, seek help man- you’re obsessed. That takes alot of infatuation with someone to do that. You should be embarassed…

Why give this guy time of day. He talks nothing about psu. He is on here talking bad about kids, wrestlers and you. I kind of agree it’s a sick obsession. Get a restraining order

Back to wrestling ! States duals are coming.

• Haha
Reactions: wrestlingmind
You literally run a Twitter burner based off my name, seek help man- you’re obsessed. That takes alot of infatuation with someone to do that. You should be embarassed…
Are you serious? Have you done a search on your name on any wrestling forum? Do you know how many people don't like you, but yet you single me out as having a twitter account of you? GTFOH. I've been on this forum for awhile, and never mentioned your name until Brock started acting like an idiot (which is every day). If you have any questions, feel free to hit the message button to talk to me direct.

didn't it use to be this way.I know when I was in high school erie cathedral prep didnt wrestle in the PIAA they were in a separate prep schools state championship!

asking for a friend? LOL. I've been on this board for years both lurking, and under different username. But thanks for taking the time to look it up
It took a lot of effort. See that little arrow pointing down under your screen name?

giphy.gif

didn't it use to be this way.I know when I was in high school erie cathedral prep didnt wrestle in the PIAA they were in a separate prep schools state championship!
How long ago was that? I am old enough to remember Darkus, which was a while ago.

Can someone start a separate thread for the Mineo Mind Brock dick measuring contest?

There are some great topics in this thread, but it feels like a 7th grade classroom half of the time.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Got that one ass backward, didn’t I?
No man. You get just about everything right. I was just taking advantage of your post to reiterate what a pathetic final that was, especially when you consider the amount of talent between the two.

Kevin Darkus won states for Erie Prep in 1979 (shortly after PIAA split into AAA and AA).

There might have been others earlier, was too lazy to read the entire file.
Darkus was their first PIAA champ.
Just a information tidbit. 1978 NW regional semi-final at 98 pounds (I think) Johnny Orr Altoona v Kevin Darkus Erie Prep. Orr was NCAA runner-up at Princeton and Darkus won an NCAA title (was runner-up once) for Iowa State.

Reactions: danoftw
Darkus was their first PIAA champ.
Just a information tidbit. 1978 NW regional semi-final at 98 pounds (I think) Johnny Orr Altoona v Kevin Darkus Erie Prep. Orr was NCAA runner-up at Princeton and Darkus won an NCAA title (was runner-up once) for Iow

I know all that your confused my friend won the state prep title in 1968 not PIAA name Tommy Canavan!

in '78 or '77 the kid from Clearfield wrestling Orr was pretty good (especially at losing weight) but Mullhollum was wrestling Orr and was pushing into him and he lateral dropped him but he rolled away so to speak. Orr gets up and runs back at him across the mat and Mullhollum LDs him again off the mat. Can't recall who won just a fond memory of the LD launch so to speak :)

I know BB takes his lumps on here, but as someone halfway across the country, I actually appreciate his HS-related posts. I'd probably toss a few back with him, saying the truth too loud and solving the world's problems.
Game on- I am in. I don’t care what the haters say. I love PSU wrestling, getting back into following Hs wrestling and in to throw a couple back! Let’s go PSU

I wrestled him 3 times in high school and won 3 times then he went up in weight and I stayed the same!He was very good!

Just looked at Willie’s new rankings for next season. (Minus the graduating seniors)

It looks like AA is closing the gap big time on AAA.

AA has 20 national ranked and mostly younger. AAA has 18 and pa preps has 8.

The P4P was 2-AA, 2-AAA and 2-pa preps
AA- Jax and Bassett
AAA-Gaj and Rath
Preps- Luke and Sealey
(Hoping we get all 6)

14 from Becca 3, Faith 3, Mcort 6, NDGP 2
8 from preps Sem 4, Malvern 4

106- AA 4, Preps 1, AAA 1
113- AA 2, Preps 1, AAA 1
120- AA 3, Preps 1
126- preps 1, AAA 1
132 AA 3, preps 1, AAA 2
138 AA 1, AAA 3
145 AA 2, AAA 2
152 AA 1, AAA 1
160 AA 1, Preps 1, AAA 3
170 AA 1
182 Preps 1
195 Preps 1, AAA 1
220 AA 2, AAA 2
Hwt AAA 2

Just looked at Willie’s new rankings for next season. (Minus the graduating seniors)

It looks like AA is closing the gap big time on AAA.

AA has 20 national ranked and mostly younger. AAA has 18 and pa preps has 8.

The P4P was 2-AA, 2-AAA and 2-pa preps
AA- Jax and Bassett
AAA-Gaj and Rath
Preps- Luke and Sealey
(Hoping we get all 6)

14 from Becca 3, Faith 3, Mcort 6, NDGP 2
8 from preps Sem 4, Malvern 4

106- AA 4, Preps 1, AAA 1
113- AA 2, Preps 1, AAA 1
120- AA 3, Preps 1
126- preps 1, AAA 1
132 AA 3, preps 1, AAA 2
138 AA 1, AAA 3
145 AA 2, AAA 2
152 AA 1, AAA 1
160 AA 1, Preps 1, AAA 3
170 AA 1
182 Preps 1
195 Preps 1, AAA 1
220 AA 2, AAA 2
Hwt AAA 2
I think it’s sort of hard to draw that conclusion. Yeah the numbers show that on the surface, but Catholic schools like ND, BM and Faith operate outside of the bounds which we would normally consider AA. Sure you can say the same about BECA,
But they also voluntarily went up a while back.

I agree with that. You take out those schools, AA is hurting. I think all privates should go up to AAA. I think this would take a lot of heat off them and level the playing field in AA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT