ADVERTISEMENT

High School Wrestling Thread

Imagine the brackets if PIAA went to one championship. I would think there would be as many college scouts there as Super 32, Trials, Fargo and Ironman. Then do team states like you mentioned above

I understand this would never happen but hot damn if it did.

Imagine the brackets if PIAA went to one championship. I would think there would be as many college scouts there as Super 32, Trials, Fargo and Ironman. Then do team states like you mentioned above

I understand this would never happen but hot damn if it did.
Why would there be more scouts there than now? It would be the same kids, just in 1 bracket instead of 2.

Why would there be more scouts there than now? It would be the same kids, just in 1 bracket instead of 2.
I would think he’s saying that because you would get to see the top kids wrestle each other were as it is now with 2 divisions that doesn’t always happen

Reactions: BrockBronson
I would think he’s saying that because you would get to see the top kids wrestle each other were as it is now with 2 divisions that doesn’t always happen
The best kids eventually wrestle each other at other events anyhow. If you want participation in the sport, then 2-divisions is the way to go. Have you seen dual results? You can basically win a dual by just having a full team. Sport is dying a slow death.

The best kids eventually wrestle each other at other events anyhow. If you want participation in the sport, then 2-divisions is the way to go. Have you seen dual results? You can basically win a dual by just having a full team. Sport is dying a slow death.
I agree with you for the most part but if the sport is dying a slow death and there have been 2 divisions this whole time then that approach must not be working. Not sure that switching to 1 division fixes things but if our sport is dying than staying as it is doesn’t make much sense either

Reactions: wrestlingmind
So we are signing autographs at 16-years old now? A little egotistical, don't you think? Can't imagine how a college coach is going to deal with parents like this--no matter how talented the kid is.

We have 6 threads between Bassett/Forrest/Gibson and BMC. Who’s really too blame for these kids having blown-up egos?
Good point lol. But as a parent, there is zero need for you to make a Graphic Design of a tournament, saying your kid is going to 'sign autographs and pictures' LOL. All of us live in a state within driving distance to David Taylor, Zain Retherford, Aaron Brooks that have done things at the highest levels in the sport--not 16 years old just starting your career. Sheer arrogance if you ask me

Good point lol. But as a parent, there is zero need for you to make a Graphic Design of a tournament, saying your kid is going to 'sign autographs and pictures' LOL. All of us live in a state within driving distance to David Taylor, Zain Retherford, Aaron Brooks that have done things at the highest levels in the sport--not 16 years old just starting your career. Sheer arrogance if you ask me
I usually disagree with you but I have to agree here. Does anyone even know them enough to care or ask for autographs.

If it’s for the little kids I can see that. The sport needs role models. I have seen this before and the older kids give out the awards.

Last edited:
Reactions: wrestlingmind
Successful local high-school kids have always been wrestling heros to local younger kids. Younger kids asking those older kids for autographs has always happened. With increased exposure I am sure there is increased demand. Getting bothered by it seems either a silly waste of emotional energy, or petty.

Reactions: psualt
We have 6 threads between Bassett/Forrest/Gibson and BMC. Who’s really too blame for these kids having blown-up egos?
This is also true. Everyone event I attended this year, Mcort was talked about so much. Then they wrestle a dual and have half a team. Not sure why the hype for basically three good kids. You would think they would at least be able to fill a team with the fanfare

They are a mystery to me. People either love them or hate them.

Successful local high-school kids have always been wrestling heros to local younger kids. Younger kids asking those older kids for autographs has always happened. With increased exposure I am sure there is increased demand. Getting bothered by it seems either a silly waste of emotional energy, or petty.
I agree with you. Plenty of young kids look up to these guys, in particular Bo Bassett. Now if there's a bunch of adults in line, it crosses into weird/creepy for me. Unless it's to give to a kid or grandkid. It's really would cross the line for me if the adults start nagging them about coming to PSU, Iowa, etc...

They have really embraced the social media presence which really adds to their popularity. Although I'd guess it's one of the things that got them in trouble with D6 amd PIAA.

Reactions: psualt
I agree. I don’t see why people waste emotional energy on things that don’t affect them. Like how an opponents coaches or wrestlers act during a match.

• Haha
Reactions: LHavenlion
So you think kids doing kids things is comparable to adults just acting like spoiled children?
That’s your opinion regarding acting like spoiled children. I see it as high intensity and fighting for your team. Either way their behavior doesn’t affect either of us so why waste emotional energy on it?

That’s your opinion regarding acting like spoiled children. I see it as high intensity and fighting for your team. Either way their behavior doesn’t affect either of us so why waste emotional energy on it?
I don't generally post much about the twins behavior(s) and not really sure why my post is where u decided to take a stand, but I assume it is because you credit me with many more than simply my comments.

However, I do have an issue where each twin seems to believe on the mat screaming at the official is OK. In Terry's case taking it to the point of tapping the ref on the backside as he is screaming at him to call the pin. In either way, I have more of an issue with the official not owning the balls to deduct the team point first and if necessary toss their ass out if they repeat it.

One of my favorite moments is Tom running onto the mat to scream at Cam Wade only to look up and see Cael standing there telling him to go back to his seat, which Tom did to only stand behind his other coaches barking across the mat at Cael. Then to have Cael ask about the interaction and answer it was nothing, it could have been his bug meets the windshield moment and he knew that, so it was nothing.

Reactions: Ski and jmadden1998
I agree with you. Plenty of young kids look up to these guys, in particular Bo Bassett. Now if there's a bunch of adults in line, it crosses into weird/creepy for me. Unless it's to give to a kid or grandkid. It's really would cross the line for me if the adults start nagging them about coming to PSU, Iowa, etc...

They have really embraced the social media presence which really adds to their popularity. Although I'd guess it's one of the things that got them in trouble with D6 amd PIAA.
Here is the thing....if it was Bo/Jax posting this themselves, then I would blame it on kids being kids. But I think everyone is fully aware that Mr. Bassett runs Bo's social media, so it is him posting about his kid signing autographs, which is obnoxious/wierd if you ask me. Several other kids currently in HS with better resume's don't do this, so not sure why he thinks a Freshman is suddenly worthy as 'advertising' he is signing autographs, like he is Jordan Burroughs?

I sorta feel bad for the kid, because my limited interaction with him leads me to believe he isn't as obnxious as his (or his dad's) social media account. Dad is making this entire kid's life about wrestling, so hopefully this all works out, or else there is going to be a serious self-worth impact on young Bassett.

And to add levity to this---what would some of you be saying if this was an Iowa commit posting this nonesense, lol. I think I know the answer

It’s weird to most of us why you care so much about them. It seems like lots of people like them. Holy moly, kids from all over the country moved to train there. Trust me, I been to Johnstown once for junior high states and it’s not a place people up & move too. We understand by over half your posts you don’t like Mcort, Bassett, Gibson etc. I used to be jealous of Tom Brady and stopped following him on social media. My life is so much better now. Do yourself a favor unfollow the kid and don’t go for an autograph.
If they would added on their flyer they were from M2 I would head there for a selfie.

Reactions: PatMineo22
Back to what this post was made for!

Who is ready for District duals?
Let’s get some predictions for AA and AAA.
District 4 is going to be fire

I usually disagree with you but I have to agree here. Does anyone even know them enough to care or ask for autographs.

If it’s for the little kids I can see that. The sport needs role models. I have seen this before and the older kids give out the awards.
So which is it Brock....you agree or disagree with me???? LOL. You are like a teenage girl wirh your mood swings

And not so sure about the comment people 'like them'. I go to alot of events in PA, and after their court case throwing everyone under the bus, not so sure that is accurate.

Reactions: BrockBronson
So which is it Brock....you agree or disagree with me???? LOL. You are like a teenage girl wirh your mood swings

And not so sure about the comment people 'like them'. I go to alot of events in PA, and after their court case throwing everyone under the bus, not so sure that is accurate.
Again wrestlingmind- just stating my observation. We know you don’t like them and that ok. I dislike all no boundary schools, but not a fan of kids sitting out in an individual sport.

Let’s move on and talk about District duals.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Here is the thing....if it was Bo/Jax posting this themselves, then I would blame it on kids being kids. But I think everyone is fully aware that Mr. Bassett runs Bo's social media, so it is him posting about his kid signing autographs, which is obnoxious/wierd if you ask me. Several other kids currently in HS with better resume's don't do this, so not sure why he thinks a Freshman is suddenly worthy as 'advertising' he is signing autographs, like he is Jordan Burroughs?

I sorta feel bad for the kid, because my limited interaction with him leads me to believe he isn't as obnxious as his (or his dad's) social media account. Dad is making this entire kid's life about wrestling, so hopefully this all works out, or else there is going to be a serious self-worth impact on young Bassett.

And to add levity to this---what would some of you be saying if this was an Iowa commit posting this nonesense, lol. I think I know the answer
Yeah, I get it. It's certainly not my cup of tea. I hope it all works out for them as well and pushing this hard doesn't lead to major issues down the road.

Mr Bassett is playing father, coach and club owner here. So I'm not sure what to think. The event is at McCort also.

Perhaps it's a "membership drive" disguised as a signing? Ok, not really serious about that one.

Back to what this post was made for!

Who is ready for District duals?
Let’s get some predictions for AA and AAA.
District 4 is going to be fire
Brackets are out. Benton is the #2 seed, Warrior Run is the #1. Works for Benton, They get basically Canton on the bottom side. WR gets Montgomery, Montoursville and Southern. I see a Benton vs WR final.

Reactions: danoftw
Lots of great matches coming. I see Benton Vs Warrior run too. That top side is loaded. WR put together a nice team over the years. Canton is no easy match either

I saw a lot of lower-tier D1 coaches last year looking specifically at guys wrestling in the consis on Saturday morning. A single bracket would knock a lot of those guys out at 0-2 or keep them out altogether if PIAA didn't double the bracket size.

My guess is thst they would whittle the field down to 32 via regionals so fewer at a single division state tournament.

There are solid arguments both for multiple divisions and a single division for sure, but I don't think single division would entice more college coaches.

I just can't believe he didn't find a way to sneak an M2 plug into all these responses. Yeah, we get it. Your kid goes to M2. Great. Grand.

On the flip side, his online certificate from the 'Pat Mineo School of Online Journalism' is holding up well. Throw a bunch of turds at the wall, and hope one sticks.
Online journalism? I run a free Facebook forum where chatter and gossip reigns supreme…and I have a real degree, real job and family. I should throw you against the wall, cuz you sure are a turd. Thanks for being a fan.

Online journalism? I run a free Facebook forum where chatter and gossip reigns supreme…and I have a real degree, real job and family. I should throw you against the wall, cuz you sure are a turd. Thanks for being a fan.
The guy just popped on awhile back and posts all negative posts. Trust me Pat no one on here takes him serious. When people come on here with the soul purpose of talking bad about people, wrestlers and don’t bring much to the convo they mean nothing here.

We appreciate your work in wrestling. Thanks again. Go PSU and heck with Iowa lol

Reactions: PatMineo22
Really? I honestly did not know that you weren't a paid journalist. Well that changes how I'll read your posts, in a good way.

Reactions: Ski
Your Peter Dinklidge ass ain't throwing nothing away--except a ticket to ride the big boy coasters at Six Flags. Settle down wee man. I think you have enough college coaches and parents that want to hurt you. No one--literally no one--takes anything you say seriously.

Oh, you must have forgot when I called you out on IG about writing articles about Nickal for the UFC, you said you were a PAID journalist. So which is it?

Comparing me to Pat Mineo is low. Also you can’t deny M2 is slowly becoming the top club in the state. Tell me i am wrong

Also Dicemen- I was talking about kids moving at 12-13 yrs old. Kids have moved to every top program in AA and AAA. Has for decades and will never change. I will stick to D4, the best AA district in PA. Argue that one

So Brock, is it 'low to compare you to Pat Mineo', or do you like him now? You have to be the most unbalanced, emotionally unstable person I've met on here. You literally change your opinions (which are always wrong) about every-other post.

I'm just surprised you didn't start off with 'I heard at M2'......or 'rumor has it'. I know we are in for a good time when you come in hot like that, lol.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT