ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the PA inspection sticker off the windshield

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
any advice? I hate these stickers and don't know if I can take them being on my car for another week. Its like advertising for corruption.

Thanks!

corruption-map.png

move to Vermont, the local inspection station will remove it for you- and you'll be in Vermont

win/win

Reactions: LionJim
Carefully peel as much off as you can with your fingernails. If you still have pieces adhered to the windshield, take a paper towel or other rag thoroughly soak it in mineral spirits.

Wipe the remaining decal liberally with your mineral spirits-soaked towel. Then use a razor scraper to carefully remove the remaining plastic-parts of the decal. Be sure to keep the blade of the scraper "wet" with mineral spirits to avoid scratching the glass.

Once the decal is removed, keep wiping the decal area with your mineral spirits-soaked rag/ towel to completely remove the gooey adhesive. Thereafter, clean the glass with glass cleaner and you're good to go.

Last edited:
Carefully peel as much off as you can with your fingernails. If you still have pieces adhered to the windshield, take a paper towel or other rag and thoroughly soak it in mineral spirits.

Wipe the remaining decal liberally with your mineral spirits- soaked towel. Then use a razor scraper to carefully remove the remaining plastic-part of the decal. Be sure to keep the blade of the scraper "wet" with mineral spirits to avoid scratching the glass.

Once the decal is removed, keep wiping the decal area with your mineral spirits soaked rag/ towel to completely remove the gooey adhesive. Thereafter, clean the glass with glass cleaner and you're good to go.
Clear, concise and evocative instructions. I can smell mineral spirits.

Check in with MMII re: selling your car and check in with 'ro re: which model he recommends.

Obli, you gotta get an updated map.....it's between Illinois and Pennsylvania, no one else is close!

Razor blade then some ether and a rag. That's how the old timers do it.

It's used and NOT a McLaren!

Yeah, but it has to be something relatively upscale - very few people trade in a low end car to upscale at a McLaren dealership, and if they did, the dealership would not keep it on the lot long enough to advertise it. Also, McLaren dealers don't go to the Auction in Columbus, NJ looking to fill out their lot. And, as mentioned - you live in Cleveland area, and it would have to be a hell of a car AND a deal to work with a dealer 300 plus miles away.

Get it nice and wet with windex and use the straight razor blade. Keep it wet and scrape it off. That's how we did it at the car dealership when I was a lot attendant in high school.

If you hit a deer correctly, it's easy to have your insurance replace your windshield for you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT