ADVERTISEMENT

Gleason

OKLionFan

Dec 18, 2021

I don’t recall this movie being discussed here. It’s currently on Amazon. I watched earlier this week and was stunned that I had never even heard of Steve Gleason. It’s the uplifting story of a man who against insurmountable odds has found meaning in his life when there was zero hope, and has positively affected many other people in the process. If you’ve seen it, I’d like to know your thoughts, if you haven’t, I’d highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
A friend of mine was diagnosed with ALS years ago. I had just seen the movie. I wrote to Steve and asked that he send some words of encouragement to him as he had recently hiked Mt Kilimanjaro and planned on Machu Picchu.

Steve quickly responded with an email that was tough to read, yet inspiring. Incredible.

It’s amazing how he has been able to live for so long when compared to others. I’ve since had three people in my life that have been diagnosed and passed since Steve was diagnosed. The same with Tim Shaw. The avg lifespan once diagnosed is 3-5 years. That was accurate for my friends. Gleason is going on 13 years and Shaw on 10. Someone needs to study that.

Definitely watch the movie. Inspiring to say the least.

No white flags! 🏳️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT