ADVERTISEMENT

Good article on the State High program

That's crazy-I was at MD from '91-93! I went to Bennigans inbGreenbelt many times! We also hung out at the old Aerosquadron as well-read outdoor fire pits...MoCo is crazy! I gave never been to Myrtle Beach but will have to add it to my future vacation spots!
The aero squadron was awesome. 94th right. So many parties there!!!

Reactions: PSUer1989
Quite a bit older. He wrestled at PSU in the late 70’s and was the head wrestling coach my senior year at Ridgway in 1978 after our long time and very successful coach was forced to step down.
Hey KC, you know any Cavalline’s from up your way?

So I read this article again and no mention of the 1982-1984 undefeated seasons and great wrestlers that were there at that time. They did mention pifer. Those teams beat bald eagle clearfield and po who at that time depending on the year were great as well. State high beat them all. The greatest wrestler to ever come out of state high was rob koll without a doubt. I wrestled those three years. Well kinda, I broke my collarbone playing pond hockey at Centre hills in early January my junior year and never fully recovered. But still had great times at practice and “rock” rockey with the help of Galen created a fun competitive environment. Several years we had murderers row.
Let’s see combined years for 82-84 Snipes, reichard, fink, pifer, Jackson, scannel, zucco,haffner,llinas,koll, both halls, Webb.
I hope that state high gets back to great wrestling because i do remember more people went to a wrestling match than basketball just like Penn state.

Not surprising. Casey's wife Tara Nott was an Olympic gold medalist in 2000 in weightlifting so their kids have some pretty good athletic genes. All of them would come pretty cheap since I believe PSU employees get a 75% discount on tuition for their kids.

Excellent.
Adds another wrinkle + layer to the effectiveness of the NLWC Slush Fund.

Reactions: Afw6006 and danoftw
So I read this article again and no mention of the 1982-1984 undefeated seasons and great wrestlers that were there at that time. They did mention pifer. Those teams beat bald eagle clearfield and po who at that time depending on the year were great as well. State high beat them all. The greatest wrestler to ever come out of state high was rob koll without a doubt. I wrestled those three years. Well kinda, I broke my collarbone playing pond hockey at Centre hills in early January my junior year and never fully recovered. But still had great times at practice and “rock” rockey with the help of Galen created a fun competitive environment. Several years we had murderers row.
Let’s see combined years for 82-84 Snipes, reichard, fink, pifer, Jackson, scannel, zucco,haffner,llinas,koll, both halls, Webb.
I hope that state high gets back to great wrestling because i do remember more people went to a wrestling match than basketball just like Penn state.
Wasn’t there a student section called Webb’s whackos?

Bob Cavalline was a pretty good wrestler for the Elkers in 71 & 72. All around good guy and my PSU roommate.

He was a bit before my time. I graduated in 1978. We had a great football/wrestling run those years.

I graduated with Rob Koll from State High in '84... Classmates all the way back to Boalsburg Elementary. I always root for him and Cornell to do well (as long as it doesn't hurt PSU)

We have to know each other. Same history. What's your initials?

Reactions: PSUer1989
So I read this article again and no mention of the 1982-1984 undefeated seasons and great wrestlers that were there at that time.

RIP - Sherm Reichard & Lloyd Jackson [Boalsburgers from the day]
I still see Snipes around regularly & a lightweight from back then does my taxes. Hope the rest are are doing well.

Sherm would have one state’s in 1985. New him since 7th grade and he just go better and better. I didn’t know about Lloyd.

Reactions: ZepGraffiti
RIP - Sherm Reichard & Lloyd Jackson [Boalsburgers from the day]
I still see Snipes around regularly & a lightweight from back then does my taxes. Hope the rest are are doing well.

Sherman was a beast . I used to roll with Lloyd a bit . Same with Orny and Llinas Snipes was a cool upper classman

Reactions: ZepGraffiti
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT