ADVERTISEMENT

Grades: Game 2 - Ball State - Article was not available in the Den

nagromth

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2007
GP - Thanks for your article on Grades. My observation,
Offense - B - two occasions when there was a 1st and goal and we could not punch it into the end zone. This resulted in the 2 short field goals. Our offensive line made holes in the middle of the field, but not in the red zone. Either up the running middle or wide, BS stopped us for no gain. Sean had the sneak for a td. Elite teams need to score TDs in the red zone.

Tight Ends - mostly quiet again today. One target resulting in PI during the 1st 50 minutes of the game. Not involved in the RZ play. Happy for TJ and TR on their TD connection.

Jordan Stout has a big, lively leg. He was practicing FGs from the 45 - against the wind - during halftime. He missed wide left on the three attempts that I watched. The distance was not an issue, accuracy is. It's like using a driver, everyone wants to kill it and mis-hits it. I think practice and a consistent "leg swing" is the answer. JP has not consistently demonstrated the ability to hit FGs longer than 30-40 yds out.

Coaches - give them credit for keeping the focus on Ball State and not on Auburn. This had the makings of a trap game. The 1st drive set the pace that the team was focused on Ball State.

1-0, 1-0, ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News