ADVERTISEMENT

Had a visitor in my front yard this morning

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
212heh2.jpg

Beautiful. We saw one like that last week on the way home from dinner. Crossed the road in front of us and stood in the field short of the standing corn. Big buck, could have been a six to eight point rack.

Had about the same sized doe walk right past our house in the back two nights ago. Scared the crap out of me when I caught it out of the corner of my eye.

Is this one still walking or already being turned into jerky?

Reactions: Cpeplion
Had about the same sized doe walk right past our house in the back two nights ago. Scared the crap out of me when I caught it out of the corner of my eye.

Is this one still walking or already being turned into jerky?
If he is being turned into jerky, it is by somebody else. He was following a doe who scooted off the field (really my front yard) right ahead of him. We barely had time to shoot a quick photo.

I don't know about your part of WV, but where I hunt in PA that is a pretty nice buck... maybe could be another year older, but I can tell you that I've never passed up a buck that nice.
Let's be perfectly clear. I would shoot him RIGHT AWAY. I might miss, but the lead would fly.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Beautiful. We saw one like that last week on the way home from dinner. Crossed the road in front of us and stood in the field short of the standing corn. Big buck, could have been a six to eight point rack.

Who doesn't love a big rack? (BTW, does a comment like that require a photo under our current flag protocol?)

It's hard to believe that the chair on the right, came to visit the one on the left. I've never heard of such a thing.

And then you said, "I've had enough, the buck stops here."

That's your front yard?

No. I said he was in my front yard. I chased him with my camera (phone) from my front yard to get that picture. That's just finally where I got the picture (about a block and a half away from my front yard).

No. I said he was in my front yard. I chased him with my camera (phone) from my front yard to get that picture. That's just finally where I got the picture (about a block and a half away from my front yard).
You ran him down? Wow! You know there used to be an extremely speedy guy who posted here named the Coolest Fish, and HE was from Boulder. Small world, eh?

You ran him down? Wow! You know there used to be an extremely speedy guy who posted here named the Coolest Fish, and HE was from Boulder. Small world, eh?

Yeah I remember that coolestfish guy. Total douche. And I'm way faster than him.

Reactions: demlion
Beautiful: kill it! I used to like them until I hit a few and the rest made our back yard and garden their salad bar. Now I consider them equivalent to rats. We aren't permitted to kill them where I live.

Beautiful: kill it! I used to like them until I hit a few and the rest made our back yard and garden their salad bar. Now I consider them equivalent to rats. We aren't permitted to kill them where I live.

Yeah that’s the spirit. Kill anything that inconveniences you.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
Ha! Lets compare animals. Mine made a visit to the back yard in the summer. If you had shown me a picture similar to mine, I would have been impressed. :>)

Christy.jpg
Did she compliment you on having Airwick toilet products in all of your bathrooms?

Im more interested in the story behind that crappy “Pagoda Arbor” in the background. Did you construct that yourself?

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil's Rug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT