ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh suspended from NCAA coaching for one full year

Please. Congress has destroyed evidence as well.
But Congress has no specific alliance to any specific school.. thus I would see it becoming more impartial..to make any governance really work…an organization with power and influence must step in.. otherwise we will just continue to see another version if the NCAA…cheating is one thing.. lying turns the public and popular opinion against you.. no one likes liars….. Lance Armstrong is a perfect example of that again IMO..

There are whispers within NFL circles that Harbaloney could be getting an NFL suspension should the NCAA prove to be right. He told the NFL in an interview prior to getting his current job that he wasn't guilty of anything and in no way connected to an infraction's. Is Harbaloney going to ride that ship all the way to the bottom.
Wait...why is the NFL suspending him? Because he lied in an interview? Trying to figure out how much he wins in a lawsuit if that's what you're saying.

Can’t lie.. you can cheat and apologize.. but can’t lie… and defend your lie…no one likes a liar..
Was it proven he lied or is that just what we all believe...including me
The NFL won't touch him. The Chargers could but likely won't. You don't think they believed him, right?
Harbaugh cheated and the NCAA handled it correctly even if it's irrelevant but this only matters in the NFL if the Chargers won't go fire him then try to use this to avoid paying the contract.

Was it proven he lied or is that just what we all believe...including me
The NFL won't touch him. The Chargers could but likely won't. You don't think they believed him, right?
I believe he had major issues with the 49ers.. dishonesty was part of his issues.. from what I’ve been told…I did not witness it., so I can’t confirm.. it where there is smoke.. there is fire.. now.. nothing to take away from his Coaching ability., I think he is a very good Coach… but.. dishonest…maybe that’s a result if the pressure these coaches are under these days…?

There are whispers within NFL circles that Harbaloney could be getting an NFL suspension should the NCAA prove to be right. He told the NFL in an interview prior to getting his current job that he wasn't guilty of anything and in no way connected to an infraction's. Is Harbaloney going to ride that ship all the way to the bottom.
The only thing we know for certain is that Mary will insist Jimmah loves Jesus.

I believe he had major issues with the 49ers.. dishonesty was part of his issues.. from what I’ve been told…I did not witness it., so I can’t confirm.. it where there is smoke.. there is fire.. now.. nothing to take away from his Coaching ability., I think he is a very good Coach… but.. dishonest…maybe that’s a result if the pressure these coaches are under these days…?
Or he's just a shitty person. Like you said good coach...bad person...he's better off in the NFL.

Doubt the NFL has that much integrity.

Last edited:
But Congress has no specific alliance to any specific school.. thus I would see it becoming more impartial..to make any governance really work…an organization with power and influence must step in.. otherwise we will just continue to see another version if the NCAA…cheating is one thing.. lying turns the public and popular opinion against you.. no one likes liars….. Lance Armstrong is a perfect example of that again IMO..
I don't see anything that Congress does as impartial unfortunately. It is never about what is good for the American people in any way. It is always, how do I exploit this for personal gain? So really, if Congress got involved it would be because in some way they saw an opportunity for themselves.

Last edited:
I don't see anything that Congress does as impartial unfortunately. It is never about what is good for the American people in anyway. It is always, how do I exploit this for personal gain. So really, if Congress got involved it would be because in some way they saw an opportunity for themselves.
Yep, it would be to protect a team in their state or district. Get the votes of the fan base. Generate donations. Get free airtime.

Wasn't the argument something like Pryor was undermining the integrity of the draft?
Harbaugh has been sought after for years--I don't see a correlation here and I think he'd have to get Spanos to approve it which I don't see happening.

You don't think an argument could be made that Harbaugh is undermining the integrity of the sport? His actions already have levied a suspension one the recruiting front. He still hasn't been punished for the cheating, which REALLY undermines the integrity of the game.

I have no clue what the NFL will do. I'm only playing 2nd devils advocate to your 1st. Harbaugh being sought for years is irrelevant to the discussion and is possibly debatable.

You don't think an argument could be made that Harbaugh is undermining the integrity of the sport? His actions already have levied a suspension one the recruiting front. He still hasn't been punished for the cheating, which REALLY undermines the integrity of the game.

I have no clue what the NFL will do. I'm only playing 2nd devils advocate to your 1st. Harbaugh being sought for years is irrelevant to the discussion and is possibly debatable.
I mean, technically he has been punished because it's almost impossible for him to go back to the college game.

The NFL can try anything they want but this just seems highly unlikely. Spanos has too much power IMO

No matter how the NCAA punishes MeCheatAgain, it's

QhIQdhA.gif

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Personally, I want to beat Michigan because we're better not because of sanctions. I don't care if they get sanctioned but that just gives them an excuse as our fan based used our sanctions as an excuse for a decade.

Let's see, in about 10 months..Glenn Schembechler fired, Matt Weiss fired, Connor Stallions resigns (cough fired), Chris Partridge fired, Denard Robinson fired (right it was DUI. He knew nothing too) Jim Harbaugh lied about recruiting violations, lied about Connor knowledge then quits. Sherone Moore deletes texts with Connor and now violated NCAA laws

..so when do you slap AD and program with lack of control?

Another tidbit, did people see this?

Last week, Day 1 of training camp, Central Michigan Fired QB Coach Jake Kostner , Who Worked For Jim Harbaugh At Michigan For 4 Years

hmm, timing anyone?

Last edited:
Let's see - Glenn Schembechler fired, Matt Weiss fired, Connor Stallions resigns (cough fired), Chris Partridge fired, Denard Robinson fired (right it was DUI. He knew nothing too) Jim Harbaugh lied about recruiting violations, lying about Connor knowledge, Sherone Moore deletes text and violating NCAA laws

Never. Just a hundred or so isolated incidents…..

Let's see - Glenn Schembechler fired, Matt Weiss fired, Connor Stallions resigns (cough fired), Chris Partridge fired, Denard Robinson fired (right it was DUI. He knew nothing too) Jim Harbaugh lied about recruiting violations, lied about Connor knowledge then quits. Sherone Moore deletes texts with Connor and now violated NCAA laws

Probably never. He got rid of them all. Let's be honest.

Probably never. He got rid of them all. Let's be honest.
As usual not the point. Telling your mob to get you money then firing them, after finding out they robbed the bank while trying to keep money..well it is not following the law.

As usual not the point. Telling your mob to get you money then firing them, after finding out they robbed the bank while trying to keep money..well it is not following the law.
And the NCAA isn't the legal system and they're also not very powerful. I wasn't saying what should happen but was is likely and why. As usual you missed the point.

Let's see, in about 10 months..Glenn Schembechler fired, Matt Weiss fired, Connor Stallions resigns (cough fired), Chris Partridge fired, Denard Robinson fired (right it was DUI. He knew nothing too) Jim Harbaugh lied about recruiting violations, lied about Connor knowledge then quits. Sherone Moore deletes texts with Connor and now violated NCAA laws

Another tidbit, did people see this?

Last week, Day 1 of training camp, Central Michigan Fired QB Coach Jake Kostner , Who Worked For Jim Harbaugh At Michigan For 4 Years

hmm, timing anyone?

There was also the very unfortunate incident with the UM staffer in the "To Catch a Predator" style sting.

Lying in a job interview is cause for dismissal.
Right--if the Chargers want to fire him they can with cause. If they want to--it's a great way to get out of the contract. Almost everyone lies or embellishes in interviews though--you do know that?

If the NFL suspends him, which is the discussion at the time not the Chargers firing him, I want to try to determine how much he gets in a lawsuit. It would be significant.

Right--if the Chargers want to fire him they can with cause. If they want to--it's a great way to get out of the contract. Almost everyone lies or embellishes in interviews though--you do know that?

If the NFL suspends him, which is the discussion at the time not the Chargers firing him, I want to try to determine how much he gets in a lawsuit. It would be significant.
Sure, but there’s a pretty clear line between embellishment i.e making yourself look as good as you can such as exaggerating positives and minimizing negatives and outright lying.

I don't see anything that Congress does as impartial unfortunately. It is never about what is good for the American people in any way. It is always, how do I exploit this for personal gain? So really, if Congress got involved it would be because in some way they saw an opportunity for themselves.
Agree of course. Just that a third party.. impartial …needs to step in with regulatory issues and punitive measures for the sport to be fair. Which will be incredibly difficult to find…it’s a shut show of course right now.. and I’m not sure what is worse.. NIL money or… the transfer portal ?

Sure, but there’s a pretty clear line between embellishment i.e making yourself look as good as you can such as exaggerating positives and minimizing negatives and outright lying.
A lie is a lie in my book. And even though we all know he cheated that trust hasn't been proved. It's just obvious

In addition, the NCAA is closing the barn door while the horse is running in the streets.

This was for Cheeseburger-gate and nothing else. It had nothing to do with the sign stealing cheating thing. That is yet to come. He and Michigan will get hammered and then to follow will be the whole gambling thing that will catch a BUNCH of people.

Not sure what the NFL is or not going to do but I can say this:
He will not get away with stonewalling Goddell if he chooses to pursue this like he got away with stonewalling the NCAA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT