ADVERTISEMENT

HB Pass TD Discussion

lazydave841

Jan 9, 2021

@CaliLION79 you didn't share this yet!

Remember the 1st play of the game? Singleton to the boundary for a 1 yard gain? I griped about it. Seemed like a wasted play.

Yurcich was playing chess while I was thinking checkers.

I like how Yurcich either sets something up with an earlier play call or puts something on film to call something off of it later. Recall earlier this year, they ran a flea flicker where the primary receiver was like a 10 yard out to KLS(?) (IIRC this was against Delaware, but feel free to correct me if it was WVU). it's on tape like that and now you can call it (against OSU or UM for example) as a stop and go with KLS for a potential big gainer.

Chess not checkers, indeed.

Maybe. I like having it on film now so the D has to prepare for it - maybe loosen things up and gain an extra half yard here and there or break one.

Yeah, I think the trick play was done to actually make it easier to score on the more basic running play since the defenders will be worrying about the possible pass.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
The first play left a couple yards on the field:
- #10 could have cut inside the pullers instead of trying to force it to the sideline
- Looks like #64 could have released early to cut off the backside ILB

Yurcich does like to run into the boundary. At least he got Singleton running to the wide side on those motion > flat passes

Reactions: royboy
Sort of expected to see that at some point from Warren. Wasn't he a QB at one time?

Not on that formation as it involved two TEs on the line, but we'll surely see Warren throw at some point from the T-formation where we have a TE in as a FB.

Multi talented athletes allow greater flexibility, and good coaches utilize this opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT