ADVERTISEMENT

Heads Up for Those going to the Lehigh Match

Parkland Fan

Jul 25, 2001
Traffic can be a real challenge.
Stabler Arena has five roads in, but they are all two lanes and they converge to two near the arena.
The local police are no help. They do not get involved in directing traffic, and the one traffic light can be a free for all.
Ironically, if you use Waze or another guide, it can get worse since everybody else follows the same route.

A few years ago the traffic jammed up at Route 309 and Upper Saucon Road which is about three miles away. The back road short cuts were all jammed.
I used to work nearby and I still volunteer for Lehigh's Athletic Department so I know all the tricks. My plan is to arrive very early.

Stabler Arena has five roads in, but they are all two lanes and they converge to two near the arena.
The local police are no help. They do not get involved in directing traffic, and the one traffic light can be a free for all.
Ironically, if you use Waze or another guide, it can get worse since everybody else follows the same route.

A few years ago the traffic jammed up at Route 309 and Upper Saucon Road which is about three miles away. The back road short cuts were all jammed.
I used to work nearby and I still volunteer for Lehigh's Athletic Department so I know all the tricks. My plan is to arrive very early.
Lots of deer there though.

Thanks. Guess I drive up really early and eat lunch near campus. Any suggestions?

Lots of deer there though.
Maybe. One of the region’s top xc courses runs all around the Goodman Campus there. Lots of open space and lots of deer. I was fatman jogging there last year and saw at least 40 deer.

Thanks. Guess I drive up really early and eat lunch near campus. Any suggestions?
PA House is a newer upscale pizza place right down the road and you can take Creek Rd. into Stabler which is most likely less congested. https://thepahouse.com/

Braveheart is a little further and good Scottish fair and drinks. http://www.bravehearthighlandpub.com/

LaKang for French Thai. They have good food but not my thing. https://www.facebook.com/LaKangThaiNoodlesBar/

All of these places are in Hellertown and you can take back way to Stabler.

Good Smoothies at The Vibe and great beer at Lost Tavern. If you parked at Lost Tavern and walked to Stabler it is about 1.3 miles, shorter if you know where the bridge and trails are.

PA House is a newer upscale pizza place right down the road and you can take Creek Rd. into Stabler which is most likely less congested. https://thepahouse.com/

Braveheart is a little further and good Scottish fair and drinks. http://www.bravehearthighlandpub.com/

LaKang for French Thai. They have good food but not my thing. https://www.facebook.com/LaKangThaiNoodlesBar/

Good Smoothies at The Vibe and great beer at Lost Tavern. If you parked at Lost Tavern and walked to Stabler it is about 1.3 miles, shorter if you know where the bridge and trails are.
Good list. I would also add the Copperhead Grill on Route 378. It's about 3 miles south and Yanni's (Greek) just off of 378. The Promenade shopping center has several good food options.

Good list. I would also add the Copperhead Grill on Route 378. It's about 3 miles south and Yanni's (Greek) just off of 378. The Promenade shopping center has several good food options.
Copperhead is good for watching sports and decent food. Unfortunately have not had good experiences at Yanni’s.

Copperhead is good for watching sports and decent food. Unfortunately have not had good experiences at Yanni’s.
Tell the truth.......it was the Cornell lawyers that ruined it....wasn't it? :)

Thanks 🙏

A bunch of us are going to Braveheart Pub ...any suggestions for the best way (or back roads) to try ...if we are done eating by 1 do you think that (1 hour before the match) is adequate time to get in the arena?

A bunch of us are going to Braveheart Pub ...any suggestions for the best way (or back roads) to try ...if we are done eating by 1 do you think that (1 hour before the match) is adequate time to get in the your best, but will be the most direct access which would have you Got Main St., North to a left on water Street and as soon as you cross over the bridge take a right on Creek Road and then your second left into the sports complex I would suspect you can easily make it there in an hour. There is a lesser known way in which has you traveling past the track and field parking lot and taking a smaller road which goes right past Stabler arena, but I am not sure if they close that off to traffic for events.

Sorry, my last response was talk to text and I don’t know why it got mixed in with the quoted text

Reactions: hlstone
Thanks for info … so if I understand correctly… go north on Main St then take a left on Water St and upon crossing the bridge then take a right on Creek Rd then take the 2nd left into the sports complex. Thanks again for the help.

If you get off Hellertown 78 exit and want go directly to Stabler without craving food and drink in town. Go across exit and drive past Wendy's. Go under the overpass and turn left. It will bring you on backside of soccer fields and parking lots. Much better than going in than 378 bottleneck.

Reactions: nitlion6
A little tidbit about Stabler Arena and being sold out for Sunday's match. The first sell out I saw in Stabler was a 1980 AC/DC Back in Black Concert. It was awesome. Angus would have been a good 125 pounder. Perpetual motion.🎸

Mighta had trouble with those pesky drug tests though….
"A founding member of AC/DC, Angus Young has remained the same to this very day. With his rough appearance consisting of a school uniform and his wild onstage presence, many would believe that he’d had to be under the influence of something to keep going like that for so long.

However, unlike most of his fellow bandmates who did succumb to drink and drugs, Young has remained clean from the very beginning. Aside from keeping away from drugs, Young does not drink alcohol as well. Young himself had noted that if he ever needed an extra boost before a show, a glass of chocolate milk would do the trick."

A founding member of AC/DC, Angus Young has remained the same to this very day. With his rough appearance consisting of a school uniform and his wild onstage presence, many would believe that he’d had to be under the influence of something to keep going like that for so long.

However, unlike most of his fellow bandmates who did succumb to drink and drugs, Young has remained clean from the very beginning. Aside from keeping away from drugs, Young does not drink alcohol as well. Young himself had noted that if he ever needed an extra boost before a show, a glass of chocolate milk would do the trick.
Dude has an amazing story!

Gettysburg actually had 10 roads leading into town in 1863. Now that was a real cluster&&&h.

Reactions: mcpat
"A founding member of AC/DC, Angus Young has remained the same to this very day. With his rough appearance consisting of a school uniform and his wild onstage presence, many would believe that he’d had to be under the influence of something to keep going like that for so long.

However, unlike most of his fellow bandmates who did succumb to drink and drugs, Young has remained clean from the very beginning. Aside from keeping away from drugs, Young does not drink alcohol as well. Young himself had noted that if he ever needed an extra boost before a show, a glass of chocolate milk would do the trick."

Damn

@Callthestall or @kps7987 I am coming from WB area, google has me on 378 then left on Seidersville Rd, right on Mountain Dr S, then left on Goodman into parking.
Is this route good or bad?

Last edited:
Sometimes, it's like they don't even try.

knocked-up-ben-stone.gif

@Callthestall or @kps7987 I am coming from WB area, google has me on 378 then left on Seidersville Rd, right on Mountain Dr S, then left on Goodman into parking.
Overall, your plan is pretty good.
The traffic light at Mountain Drive South is the biggest problem but you are avoiding that. You will hit traffic coming down the mountain from Lehigh's main campus but that should not be too much of a problem. Just be careful to stay on Seidersville when it makes a left turn.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT