ADVERTISEMENT

Hey! It's time to get serious around here...

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
I see all of these posts about non-football sports, football playoff scenarios, and everything else. This is pathetic! This week we should be focusing on one thing and one thing only... the single greatest trophy in collegiate sports, awarded to the winner of the bitter and historic rivals...

Repeat after me: Land... Freak'n... Grant...Freak'n... Trophy... Freak'n!
3b59c3f7d8d4a81eb9dfb274efe74f7a--msu-spartans-michigan-state-spartans.jpg

Was that too many "freak'n"s? Anyway, I want to take this time to stress the importance of Penn State keeping this sacred trophy in our possession. I would prefer it be crushed by a steamroller, the splinters and other debris burned, and the residue buried where this heinous looking monstrosity would never been seen or spoken of again. Since this isn't within our control, and we are stuck with this abomination, lets at least own it.

Last year, someone said that the loser should be forced to take the trophy.

Seriously, this should become the new tradition. I'm sure both Penn State and Michigan State fans would support it. You lose the game and you need to take possession of and show that God awful trophy. ;)

I see all of these posts about non-football sports, football playoff scenarios, and everything else. This is pathetic! This week we should be focusing on one thing and one thing only... the single greatest trophy in collegiate sports, awarded to the winner of the bitter and historic rivals...

Repeat after me: Land... Freak'n... Grant...Freak'n... Trophy... Freak'n!
3b59c3f7d8d4a81eb9dfb274efe74f7a--msu-spartans-michigan-state-spartans.jpg

Was that too many "freak'n"s? Anyway, I want to take this time to stress the importance of Penn State keeping this sacred trophy in our possession. I would prefer it be crushed by a steamroller, the splinters and other debris burned, and the residue buried where this heinous looking monstrosity would never been seen or spoken of again. Since this isn't within our control, and we are stuck with this abomination, lets at least own it.

Is that a Willie Mays rookie baseball card on the front of that thing? Or back....or whatever side that is.

In case some of you don’t fully appreciate the history of this trophy, this was actually designed by none other than former Michigan State head football coach, George Pearles! I mean, who better than the former architect of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ steel curtain defense to design a trophy representing the passion and pageantry that defines the Penn State and Michigan State rivalry (completely organic, and not fabricated by the Conference in any way). Who would have guessed that one individual would have both the ability to orchestrate a championship level defense and design a trophy of such grace and beauty... surely we haven’t seen such multifaceted talent sine Leonardo divinci

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT