ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Highly ranked lightweight Mason Gibson decommits from Penn State

Wish him the best, he committed when the PSU 125/133 room looked like this

Braeden Davis (believe it or not, he was less heralded than Mason, nobody knew he would be a B1G champ as a true freshman!)
Cael Nasdeo
Robbie Howard (who was just ruled out another year)
Gary Steen

Now we know what Davis was super underrated and Lilledahl/Desmond has since committed so its a bit different. Gibson is super talented and will be a tremendous contributor somewhere, wish him the best.

Wish him the best, he committed when the PSU 125/133 room looked like this

Braeden Davis (believe it or not, he was less heralded than Mason, nobody knew he would be a B1G champ as a true freshman!)
Cael Nasdeo
Robbie Howard (who was just ruled out another year)
Gary Steen

Now we know what Davis was super underrated and Lilledahl/Desmond has since committed so its a bit different. Gibson is super talented and will be a tremendous contributor somewhere, wish him the best.
Rutgers is rumor but Pitt wouldn't surprise me. And here's an off the wall guess... both brothers end up close to home at UPJ. Hey...ya never know.

Reactions: hlstone
Hypothetically speaking. Lock Haven should be adding PSU guys that won’t make their roster. And let the guys still train at NLWC off and on. 🙄🤡then we can witness our backups dominate most of the B1G schools at the tourney :)

Mason seems like a good kid who loves competing, he wouldn't have had any fun riding the pine at PSU. Davis, Lilledahl and Desmond will have the lightweights locked down and that's without and official news from Jax.

BTW, any chance that Jax might have hinted to Mason that he may be coming to PSU as well and that he'll probably never start?

Mason seems like a good kid who loves competing, he wouldn't have had any fun riding the pine at PSU. Davis, Lilledahl and Desmond will have the lightweights locked down and that's without and official news from Jax.

BTW, any chance that Jax might have hinted to Mason that he may be coming to PSU as well and that he'll probably never start?
What about Nagao too?? Jax looks like he could grow into 141/149/57

Reactions: RB-Old

Jax or Bo's school choice could affect Mason's as his friend but they both will likely be bigger than him in college

Reactions: RB-Old
The interesting thing is how this will or won't effect Melvin's decision as he has the frame to be more successful than the Gibson's and looks like he could be a full 165-184 if he fills out as he was a skinny freshman 152lb state champ this year

I agree, the miller kid is better than both Gibsons. I never really knew about him before the last few years. The kid got some length and skill to back it up.

This family and team is confusing. Who is related.

Forgetting the likelihood of Forrest going to OKST: he's a HS SO 127. He won't be a 125 or a 133 in college.

Mason’s brother is Melvin and cousin is Bo.
Except for the out-of-state imports, just assume they're all related, and you're probably not far off.

Sorry @johnstownsteel that was just too easy, couldn't resist. (I'm originally from a part of PA where that's at least equally true. And now I live in Delco which has 600k residents who somehow miraculously all know each other.)

Except for the out-of-state imports, just assume they're all related, and you're probably not far off.

Sorry @johnstownsteel that was just too easy, couldn't resist. (I'm originally from a part of PA where that's at least equally true. And now I live in Delco which has 600k residents who somehow miraculously all know each other.)
It's funny, someone contacted me last week on 23 & Me because we were a hit as genetically related (3rd cousins) and he was doing some research on his family tree and wanted my help on filling in some blanks. This was the part of my mom's family that is from west-central PA between the Susquehanna and Pittsburgh. Through the course of the research, I found out two things. First, I have a Civil War era common ancestor (by marriage, the guy who contacted me was a direct descendant) with Jimmy Stewart, who is a local hero in Indiana. I immediately told my son because he's at IUP now and Jimmy Stewart stuff is everywhere there. Second, part of this part of the family tree is from Franklin County near the MD border, which is basically Deliverance country, and there are a couple places where, umm (how to say this delicately...), the branches of the tree come back together. The most recent example (before we escaped from there) was my great-great-great grandparents, who were first cousins. I guess that explains a lot about me. LOL.

My grandfather is from Pittsburgh but went to F&M after serving in WW2 and met my grandmother in Lancaster where she was kind of a townie and moved back to Pittsburgh (actually Scott Township / Bridgeville area). My mom left Pittsburgh and met my dad when he was in medical school at Jefferson in Philadelphia and they stayed in the eastern half of the state, so I grew up in Berks County and never really knew anything about this part of the family before.

full house thats not funny GIF

Don’t want to sound crazy, but does anyone know how Bo and Mason are related. Then Miller is Gibsons brother but lives with Bo for years now. Miller has basically come out of now where. Central PA is crazy but what is going on in Western Pa?

Any insight

I agree, the miller kid is better than both Gibsons. I never really knew about him before the last few years. The kid got some length and skill to back it up.

This family and team is confusing. Who is related.
Gibson brothers are Miller's half-brothers. They are all cousins of the Bassetts. That McCourt team is built on one family and has added some elite talent to bring it to this level.

@PatMineo22 Go easy on our dim-witted "PSU Fan" brethren on the tweeter. Success attracts all kinds of unsavory characters. All we true fans can hope to do is steer them to a better understanding of things as they start paying more attention. Real PSU wrestling fans wish nothing but success to Mason and his extended family (especially if some of them wind up competing for the Blue & White).

Magro also a cousin to Bo/Mason/Melvin/Keegan/Eric

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
... part of the family tree is from Franklin County near the MD border, which is basically Deliverance country, and there are a couple places where, umm (how to say this delicately...), the branches of the tree come back together. The most recent example (before we escaped from there) was my great-great-great grandparents, who were first cousins. I guess that explains a lot about me. LOL.

Bookmarked to help put your future posts in context.

😜

It's funny, someone contacted me last week on 23 & Me because we were a hit as genetically related (3rd cousins) and he was doing some research on his family tree and wanted my help on filling in some blanks. This was the part of my mom's family that is from west-central PA between the Susquehanna and Pittsburgh. Through the course of the research, I found out two things. First, I have a Civil War era common ancestor (by marriage, the guy who contacted me was a direct descendant) with Jimmy Stewart, who is a local hero in Indiana. I immediately told my son because he's at IUP now and Jimmy Stewart stuff is everywhere there. Second, part of this part of the family tree is from Franklin County near the MD border, which is basically Deliverance country, and there are a couple places where, umm (how to say this delicately...), the branches of the tree come back together. The most recent example (before we escaped from there) was my great-great-great grandparents, who were first cousins. I guess that explains a lot about me. LOL.

My grandfather is from Pittsburgh but went to F&M after serving in WW2 and met my grandmother in Lancaster where she was kind of a townie and moved back to Pittsburgh (actually Scott Township / Bridgeville area). My mom left Pittsburgh and met my dad when he was in medical school at Jefferson in Philadelphia and they stayed in the eastern half of the state, so I grew up in Berks County and never really knew anything about this part of the family before.
I think they made an X-Files episode about Franklin county.

I spent 2 years at the PS Mont Alto campus. You're assessment of Franklin County is spot on.

I remind some here that constantly mock the rural areas of Pennsylvania, and their people, it's the backbone of the state. Oh, and Aaron Brooks is from N Hagerstown, MD, literally, less than 10 minutes from Franklin County at most.

Also, 1st cousin marriages are not uncommon throughout the entire United States. 19 states allow it. That includes the great state of California, but not the great state of Pennsylvania.....

I remind some here that constantly mock the rural areas of Pennsylvania, and their people, it's the backbone of the state. Oh, and Aaron Brooks is from N Hagerstown, MD, literally, less than 10 minutes from Franklin County at most.

Also, 1st cousin marriages are not uncommon throughout the entire United States. 19 states allow it. That includes the great state of California, but not the great state of Pennsylvania.....
True, but to be fair, I mock California a lot. But come on, Perry county jokes are pretty funny IMO.

Hat tip, fellow inbred!

• Love
Reactions: Hotshoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT