ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Takeaways from Penn State Wrestling's dominating 27-9 win over Michigan

Interested in hearing your thoughts about the following:
-Mesenbrink's potential for this year
-Davis and what he needs to continue his standout freshman year
-Beau Bartlett: Should we be concerned

Interested in hearing your thoughts about the following:
-Mesenbrink's potential for this year
-Davis and what he needs to continue his standout freshman year
-Beau Bartlett: Should we be concerned
-Top 3 at least
-Stay positionally sound and take advantage of opportunities.
-No looked under the weather to me.

Nagao has to clean up sloppiness

-Top 3 at least
-Stay positionally sound and take advantage of opportunities.
-No looked under the weather to me.

Nagao has to clean up sloppiness
Love it all. Three straight weeks of Beau kinda looking a little lackluster just has me a tad concerned. Nagao truly needs one more attack, maybe a duck under.

Love it all. Three straight weeks of Beau kinda looking a little lackluster just has me a tad concerned. Nagao truly needs one more attack, maybe a duck under.
I was thinking he might want to go upper body. If he has the strength to dominate on top he should be able to bulldog guys from neutral too.

-Mesenbrink's potential: Floor 3rd - Ceiling National Champ
-Davis and what he needs to continue his standout freshman year: Just keep doing what he's doing
-Beau Bartlett: Should we be concerned: No, saw this last year during the season and he took 3rd at Nationals

Via @KlenderJoey

Mesenbrink...WOW. He'll be fine. Glad the refs were calling stalls in first period.
Old man Moz versus the kid. The Kid is amazing for his age.
Beau is not a shooter and finisher. He should hang out with Mesenbrink for a few weeks.
Nagao, will be fine. Just a little more caution needed. He was definitely the aggressor.

Reactions: KlenderJoey
Nagao’s issue last night did not seem to be anything other than failing to escape from bottom when he had the opportunity. He kept trying to get the reversal which was frustrating when he could have broken out and gotten the escape point

Can we get a collection of the Amine beatdowns?
Mitch
Brooks
Zain
Don't forget Mark:

And DT tech'd Myles in the Olympics, but NBC doesn't share.

AB:

Myles did get AB at B1Gs, so Amines (of the current generation) are 1-9 vs PSU guys. Wouldn't be surprised if ol man Mike or his bro got some wins against us back in the day, though.

Last edited:
Amine's record against PSU

Malik
1-0 over Verkleeren
0-1 to Zain
1-0 over Gardner

Myles
1-2 against AB
2-0 against Beard
0-5 against Mark

Cam
0-1 against Facundo
0-1 against Mesenbrink
0-1 against Berge
1-0 against Joe Lee

6-11 Cumulative
You always seem to have all the facts. Thanks for setting me straight.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Did you see Carter's interview with Flo about the Amines "always running their mouths?" LOL
I saw the old man sitting there right next to the PSU bench and I know Cael hates to listen to his bullshit every time the wrestle at UM and to sit right next to our bench! Then Messenbrink absolutely humilates that pussy Cam that he couldn't say anything but hang his head in shame! I would have loved it if got that last stall warning and was DQ'd!! DQ'd for complete cowardice in the face of the enemy! Mitchell is the MAN!!! Looks like a little bookworm but has the heart of a LION!

The article says Evans's performance was much better last night than it was against Hofstra. He won by tech fall against Hofstra. What am I missing?
He wrestled 141 against Hofstra and 149 against Michigan. Also, I’m not saying Mayora is going to be an R16 guy or anything, but he was a Fargo champ in high school.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT