ADVERTISEMENT

Hoping for 6 or 7. Bracing for 8 or 9

Nitwit97

Oct 29, 2017
truthfully, I think we should be 7. But, I have a sinking feeling that we could go down if they over rate the paper tigers in Miami and Wisconsin. For all the scenarios laid out in different threads, tonight will give us a clearer picture. Then again - if anyone thinks they know how November will break in college football, they need a reality check. One of the craziest months in all sports, November College Football.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
truthfully, I think we should be 7. But, I have a sinking feeling that we could go down if they over rate the paper tigers in Miami and Wisconsin. For all the scenarios laid out in different threads, tonight will give us a clearer picture. Then again - if anyone thinks they know how November will break in college football, they need a reality check. One of the craziest months in all sports, November College Football.

#2 loses to #6 on the road by 1 point and drops to #7 in AP. Makes no sense. Logic would dictate no worse than #6. Can't stress worrying about the vagaries of people and things you can't control.

#2 loses to #6 on the road by 1 point and drops to #7 in AP. Makes no sense. Logic would dictate no worse than #6. Can't stress worrying about the vagaries of people and things you can't control.
I agree. But being sports fans, this is what we do, right? The AP and Coaches Poll are just King of The Hill exercises. I think our #2 rating was more through attrition than anything else.
If you are being subjective, I think it would go UGA/BAMA as 1-2, Notre Dame as 3, Oklahoma 4, Ohio St 5, Clemson 6, PSU 7.

Doesn't really matter. It will all play out in the end. So many matchups to come. This is way far from over, and way too early to get upset or pissed or feel "cheated" or disrespected. It will all play out. PSU just got to take care of business.

Reactions: NittPicker
Doesn't really matter. It will all play out in the end. So many matchups to come. This is way far from over, and way too early to get upset or pissed or feel "cheated" or disrespected. It will all play out. PSU just got to take care of business.
Agree. Relax and enjoy the ride. It's much more fun that way.

Reactions: Grant Green
It’s irrelevant, if we are 8 or 9 it’s because undefeated teams are in front of us. If they remain undefeated they would eventually jump us anyway.

We need Wisconsin to lose to Michigan and beat Ohio State in Championship game.

I agree wholeheartedly. This next four weeks will have more twist and turns than a roller coaster, to be sure. Big picture - it is great that we have been re-established as a contender by being in the discussion for two years (and hopefully more) to come. Short picture - you have today. Would be nice to get a crack at the playoff, and the closer we start, the shorter the road to get there

If we were in Clemson's shoes, we'd be arguing that our wins were better than Penn State's.

Regardless, lots of games left, and teams have risen from far behind where PSU will start out tonight to claim a spot in the top 4 come December.

If we were in Clemson's shoes, we'd be arguing that our wins were better than Penn State's.

Regardless, lots of games left, and teams have risen from far behind where PSU will start out tonight to claim a spot in the top 4 come December.
Clemson lost to freakin' Syracuse for goodness sakes!!! Enough with Clemson!!!!

Reactions: cop113
Clemson will play miami. Ga will play Ala. Whoever emerges as big 12 champs will have played the other top team in that league twice. OSU or us will play whisky. If we are 8th tomorrow, it is almost not possible for us not to make it.

I agree. But being sports fans, this is what we do, right? The AP and Coaches Poll are just King of The Hill exercises. I think our #2 rating was more through attrition than anything else.
If you are being subjective, I think it would go UGA/BAMA as 1-2, Notre Dame as 3, Oklahoma 4, Ohio St 5, Clemson 6, PSU 7.

No way should Clemson be ahead of PSU

Reactions: The_Unit
  1. Georgia (8-0)
  2. Alabama (8-0)
  3. Notre Dame (7-1)
  4. Clemson (7-1)
  5. Oklahoma (7-1)
  6. Ohio State (7-1)
  7. Penn State (7-1)
  8. TCU (7-1)
  9. Wisconsin (8-0)
  10. Miami (7-0)

Darn. I didn't miss by much. Lol. Slide Clemson ahead of Oklahoma. I think that is wrong, Oklahoma's loss is looking less and less damning. Clemson has wins over Va Tech and Auburn. Now we let them play!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT