ADVERTISEMENT

House Committee hearing on NIL

Lol. A visit. When name image and likeness aren’t actually what is being compensated.

Like most of the NIL payments.

Reactions: step.eng69
So we will likely have a government shutdown soon, the country is rampant with crime, migrants are streaming across our border, the national debt just hit $33,000,000,000,000, and our national leaders are spending time on nonsense like the NIL! Unbelievable!

Last edited:
We have homeless college students at PSU and elsewhere and recruits are demanding $5k to visit. This system of college football is in danger of collapse without some sort of guardrails in place. Perhaps unionization is a part of the answer.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
So we will likely have a government shutdown soon, the country is rampant with crime, migrants are streaming across our border, the national debt just hit $30,000,000,000,000, and our national leaders are spending time on nonsense like the NIL! Unbelievable!
The Right made everything about $$$$
What they worship... so get over it. Who opened up the doors to China, who made most favored nation laws, who enable China to have trading co status to allow corps to pay no taxes in the US but pay 1 % of profit margin to China instead... hell I designed and programmed the systems to fscilitate this shell game in the early 90's. for US corps to blow up the deficit... And then the sweeps of the laundered profit from trading companies to the Cayman Islands and this was supported by the right in both parties... 35 years of blowing up the deficit then adding this..who exempts the most able to pay taxes from paying them to put a dent in the deficit? No one in Congress.
Get over it. Nothing's gonna change our direction... we just wanna be entertained... It's what we do!

So we will likely have a government shutdown soon, the country is rampant with crime, migrants are streaming across our border, the national debt just hit $30,000,000,000,000, and our national leaders are spending time on nonsense like the NIL! Unbelievable!

Your national debt number is a bit low.

Reactions: tlbakernc
There are approximately 200 Congressional committees and subcommittees and while your list of issues highlights important problems to solve not all of the committees are working on them. Frankly, given the lack of seriousness some Congress members bring to the job a focus on NIL may be appropriate for them

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
There are approximately 200 Congressional committees and subcommittees and while your list of issues highlights important problems to solve not all of the committees are working on them. Frankly, given the lack of seriousness some Congress members bring to the job a focus on NIL may be appropriate for them
I am all for making fun of our miserable government but almost all of the major schools have been asking for federal guidelines for NIL. Take Oregon State. They opened a new $161 million stadium this year. Then the Pac 12 blew up and they have little NIL to draw on since they are trying to build a program. $45m of that is from bonds and don't forget COVID losses happened after they committed to the build. Now they are getting killed by COVID losses, Pac 12 losses and NIL. Dang.

I am all for making fun of our miserable government but almost all of the major schools have been asking for federal guidelines for NIL. Take Oregon State. They opened a new $161 million stadium this year. Then the Pac 12 blew up and they have little NIL to draw on since they are trying to build a program. $45m of that is from bonds and don't forget COVID losses happened after they committed to the build. Now they are getting killed by COVID losses, Pac 12 losses and NIL. Dang.

They could focus on academics.

They could focus on academics.
First, and some will argue this point, academics and athletics are intertwined. Aside from the massive revenue infusion, it is GREAT marketing and PR. I am 100% sure PSU would be a fraction of its size and influence if not for football.

Second, gov is always involved with college academics at the federal level. There are hearings, funding and laws considered all the time. It is so common it doesn't make the news.

First, and some will argue this point, academics and athletics are intertwined. Aside from the massive revenue infusion, it is GREAT marketing and PR. I am 100% sure PSU would be a fraction of its size and influence if not for football.

Second, gov is always involved with college academics at the federal level. There are hearings, funding and laws considered all the time. It is so common it doesn't make the news.

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

We have homeless college students at PSU and elsewhere and recruits are demanding $5k to visit. This system of college football is in danger of collapse without some sort of guardrails in place. Perhaps unionization is a part of the answer.
Homeless PSU college students…do you have statistics?

Not to mention Fetterman, Finestien, Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler, AOC, etc… claiming to save democracy! Dems are nut bags…

Reps are not without their nuts too like Mitch but give me more Kennedy and we’ll clean the place up.

Homeless PSU college students…do you have statistics?
I first learned about this here in Lubrano’s message and did some digging online and a simple google search yields articles on the subject. I do not have statistics, but was shocked to learn the reality of it.

Not to mention Fetterman, Finestien, Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler, AOC, etc… claiming to save democracy! Dems are nut bags…

Reps are not without their nuts too like Mitch but give me more Kennedy and we’ll clean the place up.
And your girls went on recess and have accomplished nothing. 😂 geniuses.

So we will likely have a government shutdown soon, the country is rampant with crime, migrants are streaming across our border, the national debt just hit $33,000,000,000,000, and our national leaders are spending time on nonsense like the NIL! Unbelievable!
This was next on the list after allowing shorts and hoodies in the Senate chamber.

• Haha
Reactions: 91Joe95
Do you mean the athletic department? Coaches? Players? Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT